Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta Flag
Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2075576 - 11/05/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

IT IS THE SAME MIXTURE WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF LSD DISPERSED EVENLY THROUGHOUT. THE ALCOHOL EVAPORATING OFF OF THE BLOTTER WOULD NOT BE OF ANY CONSEQUENSE AS FAR AS HOW MUCH LSD IT CAN HOLD. IT HAS REACHED MAXIMUM SATURATION FOR THE L/ALCOHOL MIXTURE.

HOW CAN YOU NOT GET THIS?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

#2075586 - 11/05/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

so LSD sticks to itself? it would have to if what you are saying is correct. LSD is a salt. it does not bind onto paper once the paper is holding the most L it possibly can.

--------------------

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

#2075597 - 11/05/03 11:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

thats why people put drops on sugar cubes. becasue the sugar absorbs the L. you dont see people putting drops on paper and letting it dry saying... "here dude.. i dosed this notter with six hits"
IT WOULDNT GET ABSORBED BY THE PAPER BECAUSE THE PAPER HAS REACHED MAXIMUM SATURATION.

ok im really done discussing this now. :smile2:

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: joeshitragpicker]
    #2075626 - 11/05/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

joeshitragpicker said:
so LSD sticks to itself? it would have to if what you are saying is correct. LSD is a salt. it does not bind onto paper once the paper is holding the most L it possibly can.

Of course it sticks to itself. What do you think crystals are. and LSD in pure dry form is crystal.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2075658 - 11/05/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

joeshitragpicker said:
thats why people put drops on sugar cubes. becasue the sugar absorbs the L. you dont see people putting drops on paper and letting it dry saying... "here dude.. i dosed this notter with six hits"
IT WOULDNT GET ABSORBED BY THE PAPER BECAUSE THE PAPER HAS REACHED MAXIMUM SATURATION.

ok im really done discussing this now. :smile2: 

paper is not saturated after carrying medium has evaporated. why is that so hard to understand.

when a liquid is absorbed by something the liquid is occupying the air spaces between the fibers of the material. when the liquid evaps there is once again air spaces between the fibers along with any residue of solids dissolved into the liquid. The only way that material is saturated with the solids is if the solid occupies every space that air or liquid would. At that point you have basically an solid crystal with some fiber in it.

--------------------

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#2075967 - 11/06/03 01:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Dude you just dont get it at all huh?

You can put as much LSD that you want on the blotter. OK? Just because you dip it once, it doesnt mean you cant add more LSD(after the ethanol is gone).

Just like chinacat said, you can add more crystal to the batch if you want.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #2075977 - 11/06/03 02:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thank god someone has there thinking cap on.

--------------------

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: angryjslice]
    #2076029 - 11/06/03 02:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I just want to say some things since you seem to not get this either.  Not a big deal really...
Quote:

the reason you can dip a sheet, and get even dosing is because the blotter paper reaches a maximum saturation, whereafter it will not do any good to try to add more. saying that double dipping a sheet increases potency is like saying that holding the in solution for 10 seconds longer increases potency...it absorbs what it absorbs, thats that. you want double dipped, do it with sugar cubes.

~JSlice~

Ok.  Yes you are correct in saying that you couldnt hold the sheet in longer.  Good.  Because, like you said, the paper is all ready soaked("maximum saturation!") 

Now.  What happens when the ethanol is evaporated and the paper is no longer soaking wet("not saturated to the maximum!")?  HeY you can get it wet in some LSD solution and add more LSD! :rocket:

Everybody, the moral of this whole story is...  People never double dip because it is pointless extra work.  They just make the solution stronger to begin with.  It was a sales ploy that is aparently beginning to be used again.  :grin: 

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #2076082 - 11/06/03 03:09 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I kind of hope they don't understand you either because if they do it means I must be speaking a lost language since that is pretty much everything that I said.

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2076138 - 11/06/03 04:13 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I understand your theory. Your talking about waiting till the alcohol has dried off then laying again. Now the problem with this is when you dip the ten pack into the solution its going to reabsorb in alcohol and so is some of the LSD already on the blotter. As your letting the exess run off its likly that some of the LSD originaly on the blotter is reabsorbed in the ethanol and running off in the exess. Now granted you probaly wouldn't lose all the original LSD ,but as you can see as you re- dip the ten pack some of the LSD will be reabsorbed into the solution. LSD dissolves very, very quickly in everclear.

So hypothetically dipping a tenpack a second time after it had dried could alter or possibly increase potency , though it wouldn't be a reliable way of doing it. You wouldn't be able to tell for sure how much LSD stayed on the paper when you re-dipped it. Think of your rag analagy. If I take a rag and dip it into the ocean it will absorb some salt. If I let it dry then redip it in the ocean how much salt will be on it? When you re-dip it some of the salt on the rag will go back into the water and some new salt will go into the rag. When your laying LSD you have a pyrex pan half full of solution as you dip or lay the paper you put it in for a few seconds and then lift it up and hold it back over the pan for about 5-10 seconds while all the exess run off back into the pan. Now obviously your solution is going to increase in potency which will eventually be a absorbed on some of the blotter. But if your re-dipping a gram or ten you could have a batch of blotter that varied greatly in potency from one tenpack to another. Realize i'm speculating here because this is something that just isn't done. I was around when the double and triple dip sales pitch started and know for a fact that it was just a sales pitch.
In fact our friend who first started the rumor is now nicknamed double dip. Or more jokingly double dipshit.  :grin:

What i'm trying to say is I understand your theory and the concept. It just wouldn't be a reliable way to increase potency. It would be much more accurate and efficiant to adjust your solution to the desired potency the first time. Dipping twice is just not something thats done.
Another major problem that would come with dipping twice is drying. When blotter is dipped it has to be layed out in semi warm circulating air to dry. As you can imagine this isn't good for LSD. In the whole procees from manufacturing LSD to eating it nothing comprimises potency more than when it is drying after its layed. We usually wanted to get it dry and wrapped up to protect it ASAP. By dipping it twice you would double the amount of time  for the drying process. 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: chinacat72]
    #2076150 - 11/06/03 04:27 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly. I have no doubt that there are better ways and d-dipping would be inaccurate. My point is that it could be done. That is why I was curious about how long it takes it to disolve as that would determin how much was lost from the first dip upon a second. Obviouly that wouldn't be a problem if the alcohol was saturated with as much LSD as could be disolved in it but that would make some powerfull hits. Any idea how much LSD can be disolved in everclear (or whatever)? and how much would be in a single hit at that concentration?

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#2076166 - 11/06/03 04:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

. That is why I was curious about how long it takes it to disolve as that would determin how much was lost from the first dip upon a second.

With the purer crystal like fluff or needlepoint they dissolve almost instantly. I have taken many grams of needlepoint and dropped it into a glass with everclear and it dissolved in seconds. It just seamed to disapear.

Quote:

Obviouly that wouldn't be a problem if the alcohol was saturated with as much LSD as could be disolved in it but that would make some powerfull hits. Any idea how much LSD can be disolved in everclear (or whatever)? and how much would be in a single hit at that concentration? 

Most dipping solution is around 1 gram per 110ml. This provides 100mcg. doses. You can make it alot more potent. Nowdays nobody lays real potent hits. The days of 300-500mcg. hits are long gone. there are several reasons for this. One is money obviously. Secondly is that 100mcg. is agreed upon as good dose for the genral public. Imagine some high school kid that doesn't know much about LSD eating a couple hits of 400mcg. doses as he's out one night. He would have alot more chance to freak out than off of 100mcg. The problem nowdays is that although we agreed in the 80's to make the standard dosage range around a 100mcg(mabye a little stronger) is that back then the retail price was $2 a hit or 3 hits for 5 bucks . So even though hits were 100mcg. You could have a potent 300mcg. trip for 5 bucks. Nowdays people are paying 10 bucks for 100mcg. or less. Also if you were going to make large doses, say 500 mcg. It would be best to switch to a different carrier than blotter because that is pushing the max amount of LSD blotter can hold efficently.

As for how much LSD can be dissolved in alcohol I don't know. I guess quite abit. I remember  years ago making a vile to take to some Jerry band shows in San Francisco to dose family with a new batch of silver that had just came out. I didn't measure it but just dumped in a bunch of crystal into a vile. It was so thick you could see the crystal in it and it was thick. I called it sliver slushy. You could drop a few drops on your hand and let it dry and see the crystal. :nut: :grin: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: chinacat72]
    #2076195 - 11/06/03 05:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

silver slushy, holy fuck man.
Thanks for the break down. You know how they can make large crystals with a super saturated solution and a seed crystal? I wonder if it would be possible to make a very large LSD crystal. Then you could use it like a salt lick! :smile:

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2076212 - 11/06/03 05:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

joeshitragpicker said:
Own3d

--------------------

Anonymous

#2076272 - 11/06/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

lol
maybe it really means the trip was licked after the first dip then dipped again.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: ]
    #2076463 - 11/06/03 08:46 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am in no way any kind of expert on laying acid, but I do completely understand the reasoning behind not trying to double dip and chinacat's reasons for the standardized 100mcg dosage, but....

As I was reading through the other posts I got to thinking that if someone wanted to lay some extremely potent paper they could:
1) Mix the L/alcohol solution to the maximum. Then...
2) Pour a thin layer into a large flat bottomed cotainer that can be sealed and that can be made to have a vacuum once sealed. Then...
3) Lay the blotter and make sure that it is completely saturated in solutionand then...
4) Seal it all up with the blotter still in the solution and initiate the vacuum.

This way the alcohol will evaporate due to the vacuum and none of the solution has to be drained off of the paper. Most of the L in the solution (nearly all of it that is in contact with paper) will adhear to the blotter and not be washed off by the action of the alcohol running off of the paper.

This, in my opinion, would be the way to reach the ultimate saturation point of the blotter if one was ever so inclined. Being as there would really never be any practical need for this it is entirely a trivial matter.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Anonymous

#2076777 - 11/06/03 11:11 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:smile2: Why would somebody dip it once, then add twice as much LSD and dip again when they could just add the higher does to the first batch and only dip once? Double dip is just a bunch of BS dealers say to make you want to buy their tabs. Some do it when they want to charge above market prices. They say it double dipped so you should pay twice as much for it.

If you are going to use drugs you must under stand that the drug culture is full of complete morons and you must take much of what you hear with a grain of salt. 

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2076987 - 11/06/03 12:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

This, in my opinion, would be the way to reach the ultimate saturation point of the blotter if one was ever so inclined. Being as there would really never be any practical need for this it is entirely a trivial matter. 

You could also just mix your solution to contain 500mcg. per dose(5 grams per 110ml). When you get up to acid of this strength it is best to switch to a different carrier such as liquid or gels/windowpane. When blotter gets completly saterated with LSD it becomes inefficient as a carrier. It coates the outside(because the pores on the inside are full) were it very easily flakes off anytime its touched or wrapped.  I had some mop up paper once that I had used to clean the pan out after laying 30 grams of silver. The paper was filled to the max with LSD. All the porous area and surface were caked with it. I put it into a baggie and alot of the LSD came off the paper because there was so much caked on it. You could see crystal all over the baggie it was in. Blotter is best for smaller doses. For larger doses liquid or gels are best. By making windowpanes or gels you can have a wopping dose in there and its mostly protected by being sealed in the hard substance. Liquids always nice too. :smile:

For the most part though your not going to be running into blotter that is real strong.(ie. 500mcg.) anymore. If somebody put out paper with 500mcg. on , then somebody down the line would just make the hits alot smaller to make more money. I can see somebody trying to cut out five hits from a single 1/4 inch dose. 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

#2077231 - 11/06/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hypothertically, theoretically, in some distant far off land you could "alter or possibly increase potency." The reason it is not done is because you have no way of masuring how much L remains on the blotter.

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: joeshitragpicker]
    #2077258 - 11/06/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag