Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDxShroomFactor
Shroomer
Salvia Divinorum
    #2066249 - 11/02/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Is anyone familliar with Salvia Divinorum ???
I've read about it on Erowid, and found it quite interesting...
Anyone experience it?
Also where could I aquire some? Is it rare? Because I have never heard about it...

-Oskar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Salvia Divinorum [Re: DxShroomFactor]
    #2066267 - 11/02/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i dont like the stuff too much. check out some of the shroomery vendors.
http://www.shroomery.org/vendors.php

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Salvia Divinorum [Re: Infrared]
    #2066659 - 11/02/03 11:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I like it, but only look into it if you're serious about expanding your mind. It's not a party drug.

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Salvia Divinorum [Re: Turd]
    #2067881 - 11/03/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've tried it before but didn't get strong effects....looking to try it again sometime though.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineDxShroomFactor
Shroomer
Re: Salvia Divinorum [Re: Harbinger]
    #2068007 - 11/03/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Did you guys buy from someone on the streets or from some vendor. I've been eating mushrooms mostly all by myself, i like to enjoy quiet time and expand the mind. Sometimes something important comes up but im too messed to go out, sounds like this herb only lasts 15 mins or so.... So i want to give a go....

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2068294 - 11/03/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've tried it but no effect came from it. I guess I need to do more to break through. You can purchase some from the shroomery vendors or maybe in some head shops around your area. But from what I have read on the net about salvia is that it can be more intense than an LSD trip. Like others might say, this herb definitely deserves respect. So use is wisely and you will be rewarded greatly.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2070796 - 11/04/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yes I am familiar with it. It is rather interesting...but it is far too intense for my likes.

I got mine from some online vendors. I've tried regular leaf, as well as 5x, 10x, and 15x extracts. Go for the extract, the leaf doesn't work very well. The 10x is probably best, but you might want to start out with 5x as the dose with 10x is very small and it's easy to overdo it.

Be careful with this stuff. It's not a toy.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineaudi0lsd
Splitting anAtom

#2070852 - 11/04/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Months and months ago, my friend and I decided to order a few grams of salvia standardized 5x from a now considered, extremely reputable vendor online. Before the extract came, we experimented lightly with some dried leaf from a headshop, which produced thresh-hold results, but nothing comparable to the extract.

That same friend and I have just sent out an order for some more extract, among other things, and I'm patiently awaiting taking the next round of journies into salvia space. It will be quite an honor to be in her presence again.

Salvia is extremely powerful. Salvinorin A is the most potent naturally occuring psychedelic chemical currently known to man. It should be respected, and approached with a certain status of unbending intent. I think that your attitude, intention, and expectation result alot in how it goes for you. It will be unlike any psychedelic you've experienced before, so be prepared.

As far as vendors go, look around. I have my source, you can easily find your own. Keep a look-out for quality product. A 10x isn't neccessarily more potent than a 5x, and if you ask me, a 5x extract is all you need to efficiently experience salvia.

It might be a good idea though to start off experimenting with dried leaf, and seeing where that takes you first. I've noticed that with dried leaf, there is a very apparent fight between ordinary and "non ordinary" reality. Especially when there is distraction. But extract definately takes you way out there.

Take your time when choosing a vendor.. and definately use a sober person to sit you in your journey, at least until you become accustomed to what it can do, just to be safe. Salvia can't afford any accidents.

--------------------
"The plants contain something which might be called a spirit or a soul, or some consciousness. When I ingest such a plant, I have a feeling that this part of the plant uses my own consciousness to express itself through me." Entheogenic - Yage

OfflineSoulSurfer
Killer of Giants
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Salvia Divinorum [Re: audi0lsd]
    #2071745 - 11/04/03 11:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

So I'm really curious as to what exactly to expect. I have read quite a bit about it, that it is powerful and to be used as a tool for self discovery. That it has a distinctive female presence to it. But when you take a hit, what happens? I have taken many trips on acid and shrooms, and I'm quite familiar with good and bad trips so I'm pretty confident about my abilities with those drugs. I guess it's the not knowing that has me a bit nervous about trying Salvia, but I am really interested in the insights it may have to offer me.

--------------------
:sunny: :sunny::sunny:

Offlineaudi0lsd
Splitting anAtom

Re: Salvia Divinorum [Re: SoulSurfer]
    #2071872 - 11/05/03 12:15 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I have read quite a bit about it, that it is powerful and to be used as a tool for self discovery. That it has a distinctive female presence to it.

The best advice would be to learn everything you can about Salvia Divinorum, and then be prepared to forget most of it once you take that first hit.

It is definately powerful, and the things you discover within it's grasp are often times very profound, and astounding.

I can definately vouch for the whole female presence claim. To me, "she" seems like the protector.. Gentle, but powerful, a motherly entity, "she" seems to have control over all that is in the realm. But enough explanation about that on my part..

Quote:

But when you take a hit, what happens? I have taken many trips on acid and shrooms, and I'm quite familiar with good and bad trips so I'm pretty confident about my abilities with those drugs. I guess it's the not knowing that has me a bit nervous about trying Salvia, but I am really interested in the insights it may have to offer me.

Nobody can tell you what happens when you take the first hit of salvia.. Sure there are plenty of people out there who have their descriptions, but that is something that I think you should not expect to understand through words, but through experience.

Experience with LSD and Psilocybin will be of some use I think in the sense that at least now you know that you have experience with SOME kind of alternate form of consciousness. But at the same time, salvia is very much unlike both substances. This is in a class all it's own.

Your interest can only expand your motivation. Read all you can, trip reports, smoking methods, etc. etc.

You will be very surprised as to how salvia space actually turns out for you, compared to what you thought it was all this time, I think.

--------------------
"The plants contain something which might be called a spirit or a soul, or some consciousness. When I ingest such a plant, I have a feeling that this part of the plant uses my own consciousness to express itself through me." Entheogenic - Yage

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2072192 - 11/05/03 02:12 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Salvia can vary from a pot-like high feeling to the most intense experience you could have.

I, personally, don't like the drug that much because from my experiences it gives me weird off-beat feelings that I don't enjoy too much and makes me feel like a blithering idiot. I haven't had a completely intense out-of-body trip yet, but I plan on trying it probably about once a year just so I can experience that.

Aside from the strange physical effects, which for some reason seem to revolve heavily around the mouth(you'll feel what I mean), I usually have a negative scared feeling when I'm drifting away after a salvia hit.

It can be interesting, however, even if you have a mild experience. My first experience consisted of me stretching backwards while sitting in my chair. By stretching I mean Stretch-Armstrong. The peculiar thing is that it was perfectly evident to me at that point that I was moving in increments as I stretched, and that each increment was a completely separate reality. Freaky, huh?

If you do it, and you want the full effect, just make sure to use a bong and take the largest possible hit you can and hold it in for as long as your lungs will alow.... you have to hit a lot of salvia hard and quick if you want the intensity, but if you do, expect intensity to the extreme.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: Salvia Divinorum [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2072208 - 11/05/03 02:19 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i attempted it in a sitting with Geokills...i didnt get enough to have any significant effect...some world-warping occured..it felt like i was being shot backwards, and the world was shooting out in front of me for a few seconds...then back to normal.

I tried it out of a pipe, and since there is all that special method to smoking it, i ended up burning my thumb and wasting some salvia :P

My gf, on the otherhand, says she had a pretty intense experience with it.

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineSoulSurfer
Killer of Giants
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Salvia Divinorum [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #2072216 - 11/05/03 02:22 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Great info, thanks. If I'm nervous or anxious will the high magnify those negative feelings? And would you suggest doing it at home, or out camping etc., or does set/setting not work like other drugs?

--------------------
:sunny: :sunny::sunny:

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2072243 - 11/05/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think the setting matters much, but do it in privacy and it's best to have a sitter. A friend of mine did it and he was gone for about 3 minutes, wouldn't respond to any of us, and started walking around himself oblivious to where he was going or what he was walking into. He later returned to explain he just became part of an infinite blue wall, and as he moved through the wall he saw us pounding on it, but was completely oblivious to the outside world. He loved it. Nervousness may cause negative feelings.... do it when you're calm, and I might suggest taking a small hit at first to get the feel for it.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Offlineaudi0lsd
Splitting anAtom

#2072477 - 11/05/03 06:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

If I'm nervous or anxious will the high magnify those negative feelings? And would you suggest doing it at home, or out camping etc., or does set/setting not work like other drugs?

I have noticed that the intense anxiety/fear that is accompanied with the moments before actually inhaling the smoke disappears once you get the smoke in your lungs and begin to feel the effects of the salvia. From my experience, one of the reasons why the fear disappears is because I always am not aware of who/where I am, that I have a past behind me, or a future before me. I'm not even aware that I even ingested a drug. Part of that non-existence, I believe, erases the fear for me, because if you do not exist, then YOU cannot be afraid. 

Set/setting is very important. It will be most efficient to smoke the salvia in a completely dark/dimly lit room, just you and your sitter. Silence is also a preference for me, and is really the most efficient, but if you prefer music, then be sure to put something nice and ambient, and flowing. It shouldn't be intrusive or loud, and probably should not contain any words. You are looking for complete and utter lack of distraction in ordinary reality.

I've always smoked it in my bedroom, but I am looking forward to a forest trip with this next order that is coming my way. :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Loc: Panhandle
    #2074080 - 11/05/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Did any of you guys get hot flashes while using it?

--------------------
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter."

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Salvia Divinorum [Re: Vertigo]
    #2074688 - 11/05/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i kind of did.. more of a disolving feeling that was kinda hot.. but not..

i was too freaked out to care or be freaked out.

OfflineFritzs_caindealer
Fritz tested,dealer approved

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Re: Salvia Divinorum [Re: Legoulash]
    #2075523 - 11/05/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

there's a shop called The Dutchess of Amsterdam here in Montreal that sells 15x salvia for about 40$ canadian a gram

he described it as a fifteen minute acid trip, he was right and wrong at the same time. true, you do get blasted into another universe, but i wouldn't compare it to acid.

best bet: order some 10x of bouncing bear botanicals and relate back to us

--------------------
And then at night I would wonder:
Had I been wasting all my time enjoying the sweet taste of Tennasse bourbon, brownest of the brown liquors? Where was my girlfriend? Where was my car? Who's bed was I lying on? Which state was I in? And I got that sad feeling to make me cry...

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #2094323 - 11/11/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hehheh. when i smoke salvia, there is always a female voice that talks to me. the weird thing is that after i come of the high (its only a few minutes) i forget what we talked about.

last weekend i brought over some salvia i had left over from months ago, to a friends house who was having a lot of our friends over, and i loved watching each individual have their own experience. this one girl did freak out though, and cried (she was already drunk as piss, smoked a lot of dank, and was on valiums) and she was freaking out crying her eyes out telling everyone somebody gave her something and she doesnt know what happened. we had all explained to her beforehand what the salvia was and what it would do (the divine sage :smile:) so we al tried to calm her down, and in an instant she was smiling and was asking to smoke more. LOL so she did and was having a good spiritual experience after that, although she was still confused about what had happened earlier in the night the first time she smoked it

the weird thing about salvia is when you smoke a bowl or 2 right when you start to trip you forget you even smoked anything, and everything seems completely real to you.

another friend of mine that hadnt smoked it yet loved it, and (this was last night when there was a full moon) he said he could see every magnetic field coming off the moon and onto our planet and he could see energy fields everywhere, and pointed out where he saw the strongest energy fields and he was being pulled towards those, up into space. alot of other friends of mine tried it that night but i wont elaborate cuz this post is already too long :smile:

salvia is an interesting experience. its intense, but doesnt last long  :smile: 

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Edited by synthesis (11/11/03 09:23 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate