Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Escaping reality to survive
    #2068955 - 11/03/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If a reality is in need of an escape,
escape is a necessary part of survival.
What is the difference between an escape and transendance,
besides that they are words used to describe paths that lead to the same place?
If you do not escape, you are within a system in which you do not fully believe in,
therfore limiting yourself greatly and decreasing the size of your conscious awareness
to the level of in-sect.
Sucking the life from everything around you is called consumer fetishism, or psychic vampirism.
It's up to you(th) now.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Escaping reality to survive [Re: Adamist]
    #2069227 - 11/03/03 11:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dont see a difference in the way you put it. If we stay where we are like you say, we are being robbed of our freedom to persue other things. Instead we keep doing the same thing which results the same way...and if its negative, we go negative. I guess you could also so you are changing your reality by going away from this, because you learn how to change the things you do, you move on...

:sun: transcendance... taking yourself to A Higher Place  :laugh:

just because its there, doesnt mean you have to follow it, thats the freedom we have, to change things within our own system in who we are, the only way to make change and have the freedom is to be who you want. It reminds me of sculpture... you have something you want to make, a vision, and use different manipulations to arrive at that. You can start with a feeling, a picture, anything you think about it, you can use your thoughts... then you use what you learn to reach towards that goal. 

--------------------
What?

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Escaping reality to survive [Re: Adamist]
    #2069368 - 11/04/03 02:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yes!!! it dpeends on how you escape. create do not ignore. create another place or mindset to go to. if we ignore, we wil eventually revert back to the same place or mindset we escaped from. don't you agree?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: Escaping reality to survive [Re: kaiowas]
    #2069425 - 11/04/03 02:35 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You should read Aldous Huxley's "The Doors of Perception" -- touches alot on peoples needs to escape..

a few select quotes for you:

"Men have attached more importance to the inscape than to the objective existents, have felt that what they saw with their eyes shut possessed a spiritually higher significance than what they saw with their eyes open. The reason? Familiarity breeds contempt."

"Most men and women lead lives at the worst so painful, at the best so monotonous, poor and limited that the urge to escape, the longing to transcend themselves if only for a few moments, is and has always been one of the principle appetites for the soul"

"The urge to transcend self-conscious selfhood is, as I have said, a principle appetite of the soul. WHen, for whatever reason, men and women fail to transcend themselves by means of worship, good works and spiritual exercises, they are apt to resort to religion's chemical surrogates..."

"To be enlightened is to be aware, always, of total reality in its imminent otherness -- to be aware of it and yet to remain in a condition to survive as an animal, to think and feel as a human being, to resort whenever expedient to systematic reasoning. Our goal is to discover what we have always been and where we ought to be"

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Escaping reality to survive [Re: Kremlin]
    #2069449 - 11/04/03 02:51 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

that last one sent shivers down my spoine. gotta get that book. thanks

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Escaping reality to survive [Re: kaiowas]
    #2069519 - 11/04/03 04:16 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hehe, once I was very stoned at home, and I decided I was just going to do some mental exploring. I started to think about music, and I had my notebook out and was going to write some stuff down.. I remember having a thought that was basically "There is something above and beyond to explore", so I had to make the decision to stay on the music level and organize my thoughts.. too often I go off and explore the higher levels... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom