Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
The SneakyMastermind
is this normal?
    #2069057 - 11/04/03 12:27 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

hi. at the moment i have three pf cakes in a pmp. they have been there for 6 days and the mycellium is starting to grow out and get real fluffy, is this normal? also one of the cakes wasnt dunked just to see what sort of difference there would be and it has a few yellow spots on it, is that normal? the pmp is holding very close to 100% humidity i think and i have a compact flouro on a timer to turn on for half an hour every four hours.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
The Wanderer
Re: is this normal? [Re: TRS]
    #2069087 - 11/04/03 12:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

The yellow spots are most likely normal. Do they look like piss or honey colored water spots? Usually the mycelium tends to emmit this stuff. The puff balls or puffy spots of mycelium are normal too. I wouldn't worry about them. You humidity is probably really high I imagine. Eventually they will ball up into hypnal knots and grow into some cubies. Those yellow spots again, I would be worried if they are not transparent, like yellow water droplets.

creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: is this normal? [Re: W1ll1ams11]
    #2069260 - 11/04/03 02:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Fluffy mycelium is fine. Make sure you fan often and you should see pins very soon.

Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

The SneakyMastermind
Re: is this normal? [Re: Demiurge]
    #2069539 - 11/04/03 06:56 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yeah it sorta looks like piss, thanks for clearing that up. also there is no need to fan, its a pmp!

the one theydon't see

#2069883 - 11/04/03 11:16 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

hey, dunk that cake that wasn't. AFOAF tried that too just to see what would happen. Guess what happened, exactly what he expected, a worse yield. It's nice to experiment and just in case the water you dunked in had problems (which is doesn't sound like) that would make it a good idea to not dunk. There has however, been a lot of first hand work with this and dunking or some type of rejuvenation of the cakes has proved superior. Again, try whatever you want but my dog says dunk everything. Fanning is always a good idea even with a pmp, misting too.

Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2071234 - 11/04/03 10:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Do not fan or mist a Poor man's pod. The reason I came up with the thing is so that you don't have to do that, if there is close to 100% humidity why mist it. The air pump takes care of the fanning. Vent hole should be in the top of the chamber for this reason .

The fundamental principal behind using air entrainment is to sufficiently mix the two (fresh air and stale air) together and then re-distribute them back into the environment in a more balanced way that is then more beneficial to the mushroom crop. Without this sufficient mixing of the gasses present within the grow space, the crops will remain stunted and will likely never reach their optimum potential.

With the poormans pod, the settling co2 air is met and diffused by a curtain of fresh air rising from beneath the Geo-lite surface. This rising flow of air is created from the air diffuser rod situated below the Geo-lite surface, which is powered by the air pump. The rising air pattern not only prohibits the heavier co2 air from settling down onto the bottom surface as usual but it also simultaneously diffuses the co2 with fresh air as it is distributed back into the environment or grow space where it can be put to good use.

In this way, the poor mans pod creates the same desired phenomenon as offered by more conventional means of air entrainment found in much larger-scale commercial applications where a mixing box is commonly used to accomplish this important task.

All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation