Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Sublime

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

tantra?
    #2068977 - 11/03/03 11:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

now... i'm not one to get carried away with desires and cravings and all that delusion, but there is one thing that's a problem for me: sex.

i'm a 20 year-old male at college. there is sex everywhere, and i've definitely got a weakspot for it. now, i've got a girlfriend, whom i care about and am attracted to, and we have quite our share of sex, and it's very good sex at that.

you'd think that with that, this really wouldn't be a problem, but it is. i'm pretty much unphased by most of the things the ego likes grasping onto, but sex... that's entirely different. if there are women around (and there always are), it's probably on my mind. it's really no good... it's a hangup really. i've noticed i don't even see women as women... there is always a sexual sizing-up... they're seen through a sort of filter.

now... i understand that alot of this is probably just biological, and that what i'm talking about here is common of most guys, but it's really not ok with me. it's grasping, and i know it. it is rather hard to let go of though.

what do you all think of this? how does a person on a spiritual path deal with sex (especially at this time and place)? does anyone here have any experience with sexual tantra practices? i've been reading about it and it sounds very interesting. my girlfriend is very interested in tantra. is it the sort of thing that might be good for us? can anyone relate?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblequestioning
shaker
Loc: joisey
Re: tantra? [Re: ]
    #2069071 - 11/04/03 12:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i can't comment on anything really except the small taste i've had in tantric sex. i know nothing of it, i don't know how to practice it. I've had sex with one man who did practice, and the next day i felt so awesome, i felt completely satisfied for 2 days, it was unreal.

i'm not sure how to learn, other than practicing what i read, and i don't want to practice until my next real relationship, so that was my only experience with it. But perhaps it will satisfy you in the way it satisfied me, you 2 will almost certainly experience a new bond, and maybe that will help you refrain from thoughts of others? even if it doesn't, it couldn't hurt!

--------------------
important questions sometimes involve a quest to answer.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: tantra? [Re: questioning]
    #2069298 - 11/04/03 03:18 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

questioning said:
it couldn't hurt!

No doubt about that. My very limited experience with it has taught me that it is definitely a good practice.

Check out this link for some good reads.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: tantra? [Re: geokills]
    #2069317 - 11/04/03 03:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well tantra is kind of a complex thing...

The main idea is the fact that our bodies are like a microcosm of the entire universe, and therefore we are all enlightened. But, we are trapped in unenlightened state. Moksha or "release" is realizing this.

The concept of tantric sex is misunderstood in western culture. If you are doing it for pleasure, you are doing it wrong.

Chakra-puja is what you are referring to, i think. Purging your passions. This is supposed to be an enlightening experience.

The five M's are what are used:
1)Wine
2)Meat
3)fish
4)parched grain
5)illicit sex

"animal" people (us) cannot do chakra-puja for fun, it's for spiritual gain, for purging duality, an esoteric practice that only those of the "heroic" level in tantra do. Your partner is a manifestation of Shakti/Shiva in the experience.

Those of the "godlike" stage practice yoga to remove the Chakras, allowing Kundalini to move from Shakti to Shiva.

So technically engaging in Tantric sex with your girlfriend isnt possible, since it is supposed to be illicit, and for purging sexual desires to gain enlightenment.

This seems to be a common mixup with these ideas, same with the Kama Sutra, taking it out of context of being one of the paths of life in hinduism.

but anyways,

i'm 20 as well in college mush, and i know what you mean...mostly i view it as a product of culturation rather than biological....i just try to remember how much better sex is (on all dimensions) with my girlfriend than it would ever be with some random girl...that usually keeps me in line.

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Edited by Kremlin (11/04/03 03:48 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: tantra? [Re: ]
    #2069384 - 11/04/03 04:16 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Tantra is like sex meditation...

Or sex yoga..

Very intense stuff.

Not for the weak

Go forth with virility and fertile crescents!

Heh..

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: tantra? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2069618 - 11/04/03 08:53 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

googlesearch: maithuna
(in huxley's novel _island_ this was a secret meditative technique that was purposely revealed to the inhabitant of pala by the old raja...)
~
used to be a book in my stacks called _transcendental sex_ (i think) that went into why as well as how & who...
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: tantra? [Re: gnrm23]
    #2069697 - 11/04/03 09:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you Kremlin for the clarification.

There are two sets of Buddha Shakyamuni's 84,000 teachings. The greater set are called the Sutras, the lesser the Tantras. The Tantras are thought to be Buddha's more subtly sublime teachings, while the Sutras are straightforward and intellectual. In this instance, the word "tantra" is not associated with sexual behaviour at all.

As far as I've been told, the practice of tantric sex involves dissolving the energies of the heart chakra through sexual arousal, then with great skillfulness of mind, redirecting that energy to the crown chakra, bringing about a state of illumination.

mushmaster, there is another kind of grasping apparent in your post, and if you can learn to overcome it, the grasping you are struggling with now will fall away.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: tantra? [Re: Ped]
    #2070453 - 11/04/03 07:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:

There are two sets of Buddha Shakyamuni's 84,000 teachings. The greater set are called the Sutras, the lesser the Tantras. The Tantras are thought to be Buddha's more subtly sublime teachings, while the Sutras are straightforward and intellectual. In this instance, the word "tantra" is not associated with sexual behaviour at all.

hmm, it was my understanding that Tantric practices had nothign to do at all with the Buddha, but rather came about with the emergence of the Brahmanic Synthesis/Hinduism/Brahmanism. It was one of the methods of appealing to the masses who had drifted away during the 6th century to the ascetic traditions.

Hinduism was concerned with:
1)practice
2)knowledge
3)society
4)devotionalism
5)tantra

Or at least, this is the information i have gotten from my Eastern Asian Religions course

I must also clarify that i was referring to the Brahmanic Tantra, although i know that Tibetan Buddhism is really a combination of Tantric Mahayana and Bon.

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineEntelle
wanderer

Re: tantra? [Re: Kremlin]
    #2074057 - 11/05/03 06:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

this is a whole lot of confusing words. I think its normal for young people to be wanting to rut all the time, but it;s that special connection one has with their long time partner that makes it worthwhile. there is no replacing that experience, those of you who have had it will know exactly what i mean, but it will sound silly to those who haven't:

you are in the middle, just after penetration, when you are getting that rythym going, and you happen to look into your significant other's eyes, and it just like your mind has been caught in the headlights. you feel like you are melting with the other person, like you could slip out if your skin, out of your head, and mesh perfectly. and suddenly the only thing that matters is the play of eyes and thoughts. the physical motion doesn't mean so much, and it is all about the connection. it takes two, and a lot of trust, to make that connection.

thats what warms me

--------------------
"Not all those who wander are lost."

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: tantra? [Re: Entelle]
    #2121245 - 11/18/03 11:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It's important to recognize the interconnection there. You are very blessed to have such an engaging experience of it. In practices of tantric sex, this type of mode is sought as a means to further the process of awakening. The energies of the heart chakra are dissolved through sexual means and then skillfully guided toward the crown chakra. My understanding of this process is very vague, but it's my basic understanding that this is a way of mixing the subtle mind with the waking mind.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Sublime

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology