Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Relaxing...
    #2068119 - 11/03/03 03:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well, lately I have been getting into the habit of streching out, doing some exercises. I have never really keep up a routine such as it before, so I started out doing it every so often, to get used to it.

For the past week, I really haven't done any of this. I went without showering for like three days because the fucking thng only spewed out hot water. Let's just say that I wasn't feeling all that great mentally.

Well, the shower got fixed today. So I was happy with that. Anyways, I also decided that this week I was going to start loosening up in the mornings before I started my day. Then later on, when I am free to retire to my room for the evening, I would do a lot of moving around, streching out, doing some exercises to work off some fat and to get myself trim and in shape...

Well, I just spent about a half an hour doing just that. When I felt that I was pretty well relaxed, I went and refilled my tall glass of water (which I have been drinking a lot of recently). I then rearranged my desk. It turns out that my monitor has always sat to the left and tilted at me, and I decided to put it directly in front of me. I then rearranged the computer on the top of the shelf directly above it and lit two candles on each side.

To top it off, I grabbed my headphones, hooked them up, and put on my Shpongle collection.

The effects I am experiencing now should be known to all. I got my blood flowing, really moved some muscles. Then I altered my surroundings to aid me in relaxation. I am feeling positively serene... my body is lightly buzzing, even. Very relaxed.....

I can't believe that I don't do this every night (although I will be doing it from now on). I feel so good, so relaxed... and I exercised my body. It only took a half an hour out of my say four hours I am on the computer at night. The rest of my time is so pleasant.. it is almost trippy.

It is just beyond my comprehension why I have went about carrying all of this insight of life for so long without implementing it. Feng shui? Relaxation techniques? I mean, come on! It is like I had a key to fucking the Garden of Eden and I kept putting off opening the fucking door because I was too lazy.

Anyways, I know what I am going to do first thing I get paid. I'm hopping on a bus to Bergen, finding some sort of New Age store; I'm getting some fucking incense and candles and shit. I mean, I still have nine months in this room.. I need to make it my fucking room. Create my surroundings as to create my self...

Hehe, sorry all if this isn't making any sense, I am just so relaxed, having Shpongle unveil its sonic vibrations... I am almost disconnected from my thoughts. I feel the impact and the feeling that each word I choose to use has... I am savouring every word. That would be why I have no direction.. I am not pumping out words a mile a minute...

Okay, yeah, what is going on in my mind isn't making its imprint on what I am saying here.... So I will end with acknowledging that I am very spaced out and that I will read this tomorrow and find it amazing how incoherent it is... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleadrug

Re: Relaxing... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2068135 - 11/03/03 04:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Make your home "a home" and you will be relaxed whenever you're there. Relaxing is one of my favorite pasttimes, although I can't say I associate exercise with relaxation. :smirk:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Relaxing... [Re: adrug]
    #2068157 - 11/03/03 04:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

adrug said:
Make your home "a home" and you will be relaxed whenever you're there. Relaxing is one of my favorite pasttimes, although I can't say I associate exercise with relaxation. :smirk: 

Well, it is fun to exercise and then to relax... I don't think you can really relax without first getting up and moving around.. hehe.

Your surroundings have an impact on how you feel, how you think... go into a room that is bright red with clowns everywhere and you will feel different than being in a candle lit room with incense flowing... Why do people like to leave the city and go out to the wilderness to relax and to escape? :grin:

Arranging your house or your room purposely is what it is all about. Place something here and there and place it there with a reason for doing so. Associate the clock being where it is for a reason, whatever reason you choose.

As long as you take some time to consciously make the association between the object and whatever it is you choose, you will always be subconsciously reminded of it when around that object. You can use this to whatever end you wish... but it is definitely a very powerful tool.

But yeah, I need more candles and some fucking incense! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: