Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #20677465 - 10/08/14 08:54 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Off topic, but avoid Mackie equipment. They used to be a favorite of mine, but then they moved to a factory in China and turned to total shit.

Also, entry level AKG hardware has gone the same way.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Loc: Terra Incognita Flag
Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #20677475 - 10/08/14 08:56 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

My buddy just got an 8 string Schecter and a Peavey 6505 half stack

Needless to say I am jealous lol

--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #20677499 - 10/08/14 09:00 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I have always wanted a schecter.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleLySergic D
Drink all day and rock all night
Male User Gallery

Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #20677508 - 10/08/14 09:01 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

My buddy has also has a Schecter 8 string with a Peavey 5150 half stack.
Really good tone.

--------------------

Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #20677510 - 10/08/14 09:02 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Acaterpillar said:
Off topic, but avoid Mackie equipment. They used to be a favorite of mine, but then they moved to a factory in China and turned to total shit.

I hear you. Ugh, this one cover band I play with uses a Mackie soundboard live, and the thing both works and sounds like shit. I hate it, and it takes the guys an hour to set up the PA every time and they wind up starting the gig a few minutes late. I only play with those guys because Gigs = Money, but it's unbelievable that no matter how early they get there, it's the same fucking thing.

I'm a bass player, and I'm an easy setup. I've been late to gigs to where I got there 5 minutes before we start and have never been even a second late when it came to setting up. I hate that shit, and I partially blame their Mackie soundboard. I have seen some older Mackie stuff absolutely nail it though. It's also those guys in general, every time there's an issue with them, never in any other band have I dealt with that many. :lol:

I show up, play the gig, get paid and leave, so it's :shrug:

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #20677546 - 10/08/14 09:08 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like they're better musicians than they are audio engineers, so it could be a combination of both.

The old mackie boards definitely rocked. :yesnod:

Such good pre-amps.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #20677730 - 10/08/14 09:58 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

peace of mind 1 said:
Nice bro.

As far as guitar amps, you ever try Orange? You'd be surprised how fucking great their gain can be. I'm a bass player and I've never tried their bass amps, and I don't own an Orange amp, but one of my guitar players does and the thing sounds fucking great.

Orange amps are sweet. My friend had a rockerverb 50 for a while and it's one of the sweetest amps I've played through. Too bad they're so much more expensive than for example a fender twin or a vox ac30 - like twice the price. I'll have one some day though.

Like somewhere between a vox and a marshall, really good amp distortion. I don't really like marshalls that much personally but I love vox and orange, as far as british tones go

I'm torn between two different setups for guitar; the strat with fuzz and a bunch of pedals through a clean fender amp, or an es-335 style guitar through a vox amp, mostly without effects, save a couple, definitely without the fuzz

I love my strat and feel so comfortable with one. But it doesn't sound good through the vox I don't think, and it needs fuzz to give it the balls it needs for solos. And the fuzz through the vox is just a high frequency fuck story, doesn't matter what guitar. A clean fender amp takes pedals so well, of course I'm talking all tube amps here. And the strat also - perfect for running through a ton of pedals and getting really distorted sounds.

But the 335 (mine's a late 70s Ibanez model which is awesome) through the vox ac-15 is like this magical thing, the vox gives it the extra top-end bite the humbuckers need to really stand out and cut through, it's like holy grail beatles tone. The way the top end sparkles when it's just breaking up or a little distorted, it just sounds like magic. In this case I like to use two analog delays, one slapback and one long, and a volume pedal to make awesome space-country mock steel guitar sounds. I also have a semi-hollow prs guitar with p90s which sounds really awesome through the vox.

Edited by drr (10/08/14 10:04 PM)

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: LySergic D]
    #20677737 - 10/08/14 09:59 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
I have always wanted a schecter.

I always called em sphincters :lol:

Quote:

LySergic D said:
My buddy has also has a Schecter 8 string with a Peavey 5150 half stack.
Really good tone.

He shoulda got a triple rectum frier :rofl:

I kid I kid

Seriously though I think those guitars are the worst. Linkin park probably plays them. Korn anybody? I'd take a shreddy pointy ibanez over a sphincter any day

OfflineChakra Shock
Waxing Prophetic

Loc: The Enterprise
Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: drr]
    #20677763 - 10/08/14 10:06 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Why do you feel so about schecters?
I used to have one when I was 15, I practiced on it a whole lot. Actually, i completely forgot about it until just now... that was one of my main guitars way back when.

Shredding Ibanez guitars can be legitimately stylish and tasteful if you get the right kind.
A warm translucent orange over a maple quilt... rosewood fretboard.

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: Chakra Shock]
    #20677775 - 10/08/14 10:10 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Chakra Shock said:
Why do you feel so about schecters?
I used to have one when I was 15, I practiced on it a whole lot. Actually, i completely forgot about it until just now... that was one of my main guitars way back when.

Shredding Ibanez guitars can be legitimately stylish and tasteful if you get the right kind.
A warm translucent orange over a maple quilt... rosewood fretboard.

I don't know, they look like nu metal guitars, and I like classic designs. Even the prs is a stretch for me, but it's such a sweet guitar

my first decent electric guitar was an ibanez s470 with a transparent red finish and a quilted maple top. I ended up selling it mostly because the floyd rose tremolo was such a pain in the ass to tune and change strings on. I hate those things...regular strat tremolo does the job just fine

But it was a sweet guitar

I have a friend who is into shreddy stuff and he loves those ibanez rg guitars, owns three or four of them. But even he says he prefers a regular strat to those for most things. There's something about a good strat that just feels perfect.

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: Chakra Shock]
    #20677793 - 10/08/14 10:14 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

For much of my first trip there was this nice old strat sitting about the house, rather comfortingly. Damn, this reminds me I must fix my guitar. Not much of an involved fix. Oughta have done so by now. I've been stuck playing my older electric, and its just not the same. :frown:

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: Ezuma]
    #20677825 - 10/08/14 10:29 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

This is one schecter I have always wanted:

Or one of these:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: musiclover420]
    #20677862 - 10/08/14 10:42 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
This is one schecter I have always wanted:

It looks like a really misshapen les paul copy

Other one looks like an ernie ball music man

Whatever floats your boat, don't mean to be such a critic, but if you ask me, all the best guitar designs came out a long time ago, anything new is just a mish-mash of the classics usually, and I prefer to have the real thing

I always thought fender jaguars were really great looking guitars.

Edited by drr (10/08/14 10:48 PM)

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: musiclover420]
    #20677864 - 10/08/14 10:42 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hard to call it for me, between those two. Even though I tend to like teles

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: Ezuma]
    #20677995 - 10/08/14 11:32 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Is this unique enough for you?

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#20678002 - 10/08/14 11:34 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

This guitar should be:

Here is alink to its specs:Zachary guitar

--------------------

OfflineChakra Shock
Waxing Prophetic

Loc: The Enterprise
    #20678083 - 10/09/14 12:21 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I don't kno whether or not I like those guitars... they're almost "too" unique...
well i'll speak for the entirely electric one:

it looks like it was designed to be unique and interesting, but it looks almost like a piece of furniture. Do you know whether or not they sound alright?

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#20678111 - 10/09/14 12:39 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

The videos of his guitars I have seen sound great and in some cases he uses pieces of furniture :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: shadyy]
    #20678142 - 10/09/14 01:01 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I express myself by writing, screaming, and crying.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinespore baby
Male

Re: Which instruments do you play and how often to you play them? Does it affect your mood/outlook? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #20678148 - 10/09/14 01:06 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by spore baby (12/13/14 04:06 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom