Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Murder
    #2067651 - 11/03/03 12:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I originally posted this in OTD, but I just got a bunch of bull-shit. I've been to the clinic, I can't get tested untill Wednesday, but I'm less worried because I was reading up on hcv and it seems like it's rare that it's passed through sexual contact. So I hope I get some better responses here:

So I'm deeply in love with this beautiful woman. We were having an amazing weekend. We made love all night friday. We've recently renewed something very special and were making up for lost time. Then saturday night at a party some random chick invited me to, my girl ended up knowing a lot of the people there. She was talking to one of them while I was sitting close by and this friend of hers informs her that a man she's fucked, and her ex fucked too (her ex was into promiscuous, freaky, bisexual sex, that's one reason why they broke up) has had hepatitis C for ten years. My girl started profusely apologizing to me and begging me not to hate her for being so stupid. I'm not holding anything against her, people make mistakes. So long story short, there's a big possibility I could die a horrible death sometime soon. Even if I don't have it, there's a better possibility she has it, and that would be incredibly awfull. I would just snap.
Supposedly this ass-hole has known that he's had it this whole time. He's been having lots of sex too. He's a sex-addict actually. If this is true, could he be tried for being a serial killer? Could spreading Hepatitis C get him sent to prison for the rest of his life? I know spreading AIDS or HIV can, but I don't know about Hepatitis C. I also don't know if it would be state by state or an out and out federal law.
I don't know much about C except that it's just like aids in that it destroys your immune system. I heard my girl involved in 2 conversations about this and both of the chicks, who had also fucked this dude and were tested, said that it has to be blood contact for you to get it. I don't know if that's true. They also said that you had to be exposed to it for a long time to get it. I don't know if that's true either. They also said that's it's sometimes curable. I'm pretty sure that's not true.
The point is I'm generally freaked out. I'm getting tested later today, but I was wondering if any of you could help me out on this tip in the mean-time. Thanks for reading.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleflatline
psycho + logical

Re: Murder [Re: the universe]
    #2067784 - 11/03/03 01:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"Sexual transmission of hepatitis C between monogamous partners appears to be uncommon. Surveys of spouses and monogamous sexual partners of patients with hepatitis C show that less than 5 percent are infected with HCV, and many of these have other risk factors for this infection. Spread of hepatitis C to a spouse or partner in stable, monogamous relationships occurs in less than 1 percent of partners per year. For these reasons, changes in sexual practices are not recommended for monogamous patients. Testing sexual partners for anti-HCV can help with patient counseling. People with multiple sex partners should be advised to follow safe sex practices, which should protect against hepatitis C as well as hepatitis B and HIV."

that's not really the most helpful, but the link below is where i found that info and it has a ton more. hope everything turns out okay.

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/chronichepc/index.htm

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN
Re: Murder [Re: flatline]
    #2067929 - 11/03/03 02:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Have you been Vaccinated for Hep C.

Hepatitis Will affect your liver and Kidneys. And can cause Jaundice.
But you wont know you have it for a while maybe a good 2 or 3 years. If your worried about it you should go to the Dr. and get tested.

Do Not worry though Hepatitis C if treated properly is not a life threatening Per se Disease. My grandpa is 75 years old and he has Hepatitis C.

Just get tested.

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Murder [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2068218 - 11/03/03 04:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

my best wishes to you my friend.

--------------------

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2068527 - 11/03/03 08:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I received my vaccination for Hep C when i was in jail. That's another reason why i'm happy i went there.. Any sort of desease is scary, especially if you don't know anything about it. I dont know much about Hep C but i would suggest to get tested and try not to worry yourself too much about it. Negative energy is known to cause health problems. Try to relax. Worrying will do no good for you. I hope everything turns out alright for you. Try to be more careful next time. Everyone thinks "It wont happen to me" .. but it can.. Take care of yourself and your health.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Murder [Re: sykobish]
    #2069531 - 11/04/03 06:37 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Are you sure you got a Hep C vaccine? I'm pretty sure they don't exist

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2071064 - 11/04/03 10:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

from what I understand you can be convicted of some sort of crime if you have sex with people and do not tell them of your condition. there was even a blurb in my local paper today about some guy who got 2 years for knowingly spreading HIV to two women.

anywho... best of luck, I hope this monkey clawing at the back of your mind is eventually put to rest with some test results.

--------------------

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: Murder [Re: zeta]
    #2075486 - 11/06/03 01:12 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zeta said:
Are you sure you got a Hep C vaccine? I'm pretty sure they don't exist

I'm pretty sure it was Hep C. It could have been Hep B.. I dont know where my paper is offhand to check.. but yeah.. Ask your doctor about it. I got mine in jail cuz it was mandatory that if we hadn't been vaccinated in the past for it.. they gave us it there. It's a series of 3 shots. One shot first, then a month later you get another shot, and then you get your 3rd shot 6 months after your second. Again it could have been for Hep B.. but i'm almost positive it was for Hep C.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Anonymous #1

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: the universe]
    #2078867 - 11/07/03 12:07 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Murder [Re: ]
    #2079793 - 11/07/03 05:20 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

dude, fuck that....nail his ass legally the best you can. I dunno anything about the legisitics I'll look it up though. my uncle as fuckin defense attorney, that made my blood boil reading that, hate people like that. so yeah get back to you soon, keep your head up bro, kinda hard tho

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: Murder [Re: kaiowas]
    #2080608 - 11/07/03 12:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah ive taken some kind of 3 stage hepatitis vaccine.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being