Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
I get in this thought loop with myself sometimes.
    #2067242 - 11/03/03 05:59 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Our reality is only what our brains can sense, piece together, and somehow through this functioning system called a mind, comprehend. We cannot truly sense what reality is, from outside our strange animal flesh-monster bodies and minds. But is there even a "reality" other than our brain's limited perception of it? After all, without our dumb animal senses and complex mind (in comparison to a sea slug) to process those senses, there ceases to be any meaning to that which exists. Everything is simply energy if there is no consciousness to interpret it, and even that loses all meaning. It's an interesting thing to note, that the only real meaning of reality exists in creatures such as ourselves and whatever other consciousnesses that exist in the infinitely spacious universe, creatures that have but a virtual simulation in their limited mind, or equivalent thinking system, of what reality is.

Yet there is reality beyond our perception. We extend our view further out into the universe all the time to observe. Is it our observation of these far off distant reaches that makes them real? Are there any other consciousnesses in existence, in the past or future, that the infinitely present universe affects?

Please throw your thoughts in, I wanna hear. Anything is good.

Edited by RedNukleus (11/03/03 06:02 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: I get in this thought loop with myself sometimes. [Re: RedNucleus]
    #2067772 - 11/03/03 01:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yourfuckinnutts!!!!!! :wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: I get in this thought loop with myself sometimes. [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2068016 - 11/03/03 03:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well, if reality is only how we perceive it, then when we do drugs, we're really changing reality itsself. I've had similar ponderings

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: I get in this thought loop with myself sometimes. [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2068020 - 11/03/03 03:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hahaha nice :tongue2: :tongue:

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: I get in this thought loop with myself sometimes. [Re: Noviseer]
    #2068021 - 11/03/03 03:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

riight.

Well it's neat to ponder I guess, but ultimately irrelevant. But then, what's relevant? Show me relevance and I'l show you someone with too much time on their hands, and also someone who's wrong.

OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
Re: I get in this thought loop with myself sometimes. [Re: Zekebomb]
    #2068897 - 11/03/03 10:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Red, that idea is fucking awesome. 5 shrooms for that theory. It's kind of like "If a tree falls in the middle of the woods, and no one is there to hear, does it make a sound?" except applied to a much broader, and much more trippy, scenario(our perception of reality).

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

Invisiblequestioning
shaker
Loc: joisey
Re: I get in this thought loop with myself sometimes. [Re: MisterKite]
    #2068944 - 11/03/03 11:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i think i understand you, correct me if i'm wrong...
let's take a look at my dog, he's excited at minimal joys, he gets upset if i yell.  But everything is within direct relation to him, in front of his eyes.  He doesn't want or desire what he doesn't have or need.  If i'm upset, he recognizes it and nudges my hand, seemingly to comfort me.  But he doesn't know why, and he doesn't desire to know why.  he's a dog, he accepts the moment as it is.  his reality is his own, and altho he glimpses into mine thru my obvious signals, he doesn't KNOW my reality.  everyone's reality is self created.  i can't possibly imagine what it would be like to think so simply, to live in that moment. 

Every religion has a reality different than another religion.  But it's their reality.  It is reality.  tho it's so completely different, is it any less a reality?  reality reality reality.  it's such a personal thing, it holds no meaning to anyone else.  my catastrophe is anothers pleasure.

now, there are things beyond our comprehension, that certainly exists, but no one can ever know what it is.  it is there, but that's all we know.  because, SOMETHING has gotta be there.  My dog knows when i'm upset, because i'm sure i project imagery to him, and i'm visably upset.  but she can't understand WHY, because it's not her reality, it's on a different level of comprehension.  Or maybe she does know exactly why, maybe i show her everything i think without consciencely doing so, and she can't communicate that she knows.  or maybe i don't listen

i'm getting off topic and i'm gonna stop rambling before i get the 'yourfuckinnuts' comment  :lol:

--------------------
important questions sometimes involve a quest to answer.

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: I get in this thought loop with myself sometimes. [Re: questioning]
    #5102466 - 12/24/05 05:53 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Perception creates reality

if there is one thing ive learned throughout the course of this life/my past lives leading up to this one (past lives is still a theory i am playing with in my head :laugh: ) is that perception creates reality

look into astral projection if you haven't already, it gives you a much clearer experience of 'reality' or a part of reality we are in

or time travel, time travel in a non-physical vessel is rather interesting, lets you see how allusioned to reality we are

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: I get in this thought loop with myself sometimes. [Re: RedNucleus]
    #5102541 - 12/24/05 06:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

""Everything is simply energy if there is no consciousness to interpret it, and even that loses all meaning.""

what if 'simply energy', IS consciousness...

I know this may read as bullshit, but I do know what I am talking about here.. <-- ha-ha I just made a funny...

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibletoad857
President of theUnited States

Re: I get in this thought loop with myself sometimes. [Re: Gomp]
    #5103261 - 12/24/05 11:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

consider the housefly.

it reacts based on how it's brain interprets its surroundings, much like ours does. try to imagine what goes through the mind of a fly. its "brain focus" is obviously different than ours--instead of noticing objects like pencils, appliances, etc it noticies things like food crumbs, other organisms, places to hide, where the light is coming from...

the point is that our respective experiences of life are very different.

say, for example, that light (or any stimulus) hits the eye of the fly thereby triggering a vast biochemical cascade throughout the brain. well the thought process of the fly is really just a matter of brain chemicals interacting, in much the same way that two molecules of water interact, or a molecule of oxygen reacts with iron to give rust. it's tiny physics.
(note, biochemical reactions are deemed "organic" chemisty and oxygen+iron=rust is considered "inorganic". however the distinction is arbitrary--a work of imagination)

do two molecules careening through space that collide not experience their own realities? it just depends on where you care to define "reality" (which is of course.. arbitrary)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology