Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineandriscus
Stranger
Now slow fuzzy jar growth
    #2067202 - 11/03/03 05:16 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hi i searched for a answer to this but could not uncover anything. I innoculated jars of GT and EQ in BRF in standard .5 pint jars on 9-23-03 and the growth seemed to be doing well until recently. 8 jars are birthed now but the others seemed to have stalled, I have flipped the jars twice in hopes of better air flow. I noticed that the incubator is too warm also and is at 89 degrees so i will turn it down. Another thing i have noticed is the jars seem fuzzy inside now like maybe they are starting to pin before it is colonized. Could i have induced pinning from looking at the jars too often and exposing them to light? I maybe look at them twice a week. If they are pinning will they continue to colonize the substrate or are they finished? Also the jars seem very wet inside lots of droplets on the sides.

Thanks for any input and sorry if this has already been discussed and i missed it in the search.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Now slow fuzzy jar growth [Re: andriscus]
    #2067215 - 11/03/03 05:29 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm,

Pins have yellow/brown tops so you probably don't have pins... yet. Don't panic about the light.

Sounds like your jars are too hot. Too hot, and they lose moisture and colonize slowly. 80-84 max. Fiddle all you want but keep the temp too low, and work up... until you find the best temperature.

Better to be too cool than too hot.

As for the fuzzy growth... I've seen it. It could be a sign the jar is too hot or it could be one of the wonders of multispore innoculation. Sometimes different spores like different temperatures. This is why cloning is smart, you can clone the best shrooms for your specific environment.

Fuzzy is ok. It'll colonize eventually.

Don't panic, it sounds like you're doing fine.

Don't worry if the cakes pin in the jar. Worst case, they can grow invitro and the cakes can be birthed after the first flush.

Don't stress too much about light. Cakes tend to fruit when they run out of colonization space. Light mainly tells shrooms which way is up. If they do fruit too soon, you can scrape off the uncolonized substrate and birth the rest of the cake.

Good luck.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineandriscus
Stranger
Re: Now slow fuzzy jar growth [Re: Rose]
    #2068674 - 11/03/03 09:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the input i am lowering the temp tonight, sucks to do though since i am using the dual rubbermaid container-aquarium heater method and i have to take it apart to do it and there is no guage on the heater itself so it is hit or miss :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation