Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleflatline
psycho + logical

pet rats
    #2066505 - 11/02/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i've found that my 2 pet rats that i have with me help me keep myself occupied and more busy than i was before i had them. they give me some responsibility [i have to care for them, e.g. give them food, water, play with them, etc] and also provides endless entertainment. i enjoy watching them run around and be the crazy rats they are, as well as playing with them too and showing them to people i know.

also i have been building rather large "houses" for them to live in, which takes too much time and is pointless, but i think the rats enjoy it.

to track my rats' progress with their growth and just to make any observations about them, one day i decided to make a rat journal. i know it's pretty weird/lame, but oh well... here it is just ... cuz:

10/21
1045am ? Both rats are sleeping. Gizmo is in his bed and Casper is in the front of his iced tea box.
1235pm ? Still sleeping. Gizmo is stretching out next to his bed. He just woke up and is cleaning himself off. Casper was still sleeping but I moved some papers to see his face which got his attention and woke him up. He might go back to sleep though.
1242 ? Just saw Gizmo yawn for the first time. So cute!!!
530 ? Casper was drinking water and then Gizmo followed him and starting drinking too. It?s funny watching 2 rats French kiss each other.
700 ? Gave Gizmo his first bath ever, which he didn?t seem to mind. Also gave Casper a bath too, and he pooped in the sink like normal.
852 ? Gave them each a baby carrot to munch on before I make one of their favorite meals: Easy Mac!!!!!

10/22
1212am ? Casper has been misbehaving a lot lately. He might be fighting with Gizmo because he?s jealous of the attention I give to him because he?s a baby who needs it. I try to separate them quickly so I don?t have to hear Gizmo squeal and possibly get hurt ? maybe it?s just friendly play though. I can?t figure out if it?s just playful or what because even though Gizmo squeals, it doesn?t look like Casper is hurting him at all. Maybe I will do some research on the problem.
423pm ? Went to wash of Gizmo because he had a rash on his balls possibly caused from Casper fighting with him. Also the tip of his tail is bright pink, which I think means his tail is getting longer. The black stain on his nose still won?t come out ? I don?t know where it came from. Right now Casper is eating Hunny B?s cereal and Gizmo is just chillin.
913 ? Made Easy Mac and gave some to the rats. I held a piece above Gizmo and made him stand up to get it ? soooo cute. They went crazy for it and I kept on feeding them more and more until I either ate it all or gave it to them.

10/23
100am ? Tonight I had to take apart most of their cage because room inspections are tomorrow and I have to hide them from the evil RA?s. I saw both rats sniffing around so I gave them some kitty food and they are both munching like crazy on it. Gizmo is such a little hyper fellow and Casper is all about eating!
100pm ? Finished getting their cage ready for the inspection. I have the roof-cardboard thing under the kitchen sink. All I have to do is put the top of their cage, tape it, put a towel over it, and hide it in the kitchen cabinet. I?m worried they might be noisy though either fighting or by drinking water ? hopefully they?ll sleep the whole time they?re down there.

10/24
1253pm ? Last night I gave only Gizmo a baby carrot because I wanted to see if Casper would try to steal it from him. He did, but only after Gizmo gave up a good fight. After that I made Easy Mac and I gave them a bunch. Today I tried the same thing with the carrot, only this time Gizmo was victorious. Eventually Casper lost interest and went to find other food ? this is when I gave him his own to munch on.

10/26
630pm ? I was gone for most of the weekend but I left the rats a lot of food and water. When I came back all their water was gone and they had no food laying out. Started by refilling their water and giving them a nice serving of some cheerios.
1024 ? Refilled their food dish with hamster food and cat food ? both rats went for the cat food first because they love munching on it 
1101 ? I made some hot cocoa and put some on a spoon to give to Casper ? he tried biting the spoon and stealing it away from me, spilling it all over the floor. Then he just started licking the spoon ? what a smart lil? rat!

10/27
1256pm ? Just gave my rats some pizza which they?re enjoying a lot. I need to clean out their cage this week because it smells like shit and that?s sick.
338 ? Cleaned out their nasty ass cage a little bit ago and then I gave them some more pizza. I always give it to Gizmo first to see if Casper tries to steal it from him or just looks for more food.

10/28
217am ? Just gave the rats some of an Oreo cookie and left some more pizza out for them. Later I?m going to fill up their water bottle since it?s running low.
1241pm ? I went to the cafeteria and picked up a chicken sandwich ? I gave a little chicken to the rats and also some cheese which they liked a lot.

10/29
1209am ? Tonight I made a new play area for the rats and so far they really enjoy it.

10/31
1103 ? fed the rats chips and salsa dip and they loved it but it made them really thirsty so they had to get water right away.

11/01
620pm ? About a month ago I bought some hard chew food for them and they never ate any until tonight ? Casper must have been really hungry.

11/02
106am ? Gizmo let me pet him without running away for the first time I think. Then Casper ran up and went under my hand so I had to pet him too ? jealous daddy rat.
1105pm ? Gizmo is chillin? in my hoodie pocket acting really calm and friendly. I think Casper riles him up and makes him all hyper from playing too much. His skin and fur are so soft I love it!!!

anyways, i wanted to post this to say that pet rats are the shit and to see if anyone else "bonds" with animals as a stress-reliever

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: pet rats [Re: flatline]
    #2066521 - 11/02/03 10:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I used to have a rat and she was so well behaved. Rats make an amazing pet. I called her Jello. (Named after Jello B Afra) She was so intelligent. She had two litters of babies.. I would love to get another rat but i dont think another one could ever come close to how she was. I was very lucky in getting one that was so well mannored.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Anonymous #1

Re: pet rats [Re: sykobish]
    #2066561 - 11/02/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

n/a

Offlinealphanumeric
connectingthedots
Loc: Alaska
Re: pet rats [Re: sykobish]
    #2066563 - 11/02/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ratboy

--------------------
if you get confused listen to the muscic play

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: pet rats [Re: alphanumeric]
    #2066608 - 11/02/03 11:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:frown:

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
Re: pet rats [Re: alphanumeric]
    #2066645 - 11/02/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ythan and I used to have 2 ferrets... which are basicly big rats... we even called them our stinky rats.

I miss em alot. Unfortunatly, one of em died  :frown: , Emma, the albino one, but Kayle, the sable one is still alive... its amazing the relaxation animals can give someone

--------------------

OfflineCheebatoke
Toker
Loc: Southern TX
Re: pet rats [Re: Suffer]
    #2067730 - 11/03/03 10:50 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I got 2 gerbils.

Popov and Dobra

--------------------
The only thing permanent is change.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom