Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Cassadaga; "Spiritualist Camp" in FL
    #2066154 - 11/02/03 10:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I just got back from this place. They describe it as a "hundred year old community of spiritually-minded people located in Central Florida." It's like a little village, of all sorts of "crazy" New Agers. Let me tell you about my experience.

I arrived for the Sunday morning church session, because my mom wanted to go. I'm not a big fan of being told what to think or believe, so I was pretty uneasy about the whole thing. I was somewhat suprised, because this church wasn't like any other church I'd been to. Instead of praying, it was like group meditation, guided along softly by the speaker. The whole thing had a psychoanalytic feel to it. Their beliefs were pretty universal, too, and they claim that they do not judge any other religions or beliefs unless they are harmful. They are very into mediumship and psychism. In fact they had a medium get up and talk during the church session. He said some fairly interesting stuff, nothing too mind-blowing... think Tim Leary minus about 20 IQ and without LSD.  :wink:

Anyways, after meditating with my family present (something I had never before tried) I felt a ball of energy present in my heart center, and it was growing like a light filled lotus, radiating outwards. Nothing that I've never done before, but it was still cool to have it happen with all those people around, connected.

Afterwards my mom convinced me to try a "psychic" that she had gotten readings from in the past, so I paid the ridiculous price (50 bucks for 30 minutes) and went into it with a skeptical mind.

Did I come out a Believer? No. But I was certainly more open to the possibility. The session was full of quite a bit of synchronities that even re-presented themselves to me later that day, but if I even attempted a description, it would be disregarded as schizophrenic incoherence. (And maybe it is..  :laugh:)

Anyways, I recommend anyone in the area to check it out. The stuff they sell there may be expensive, but there is no fee to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere.  :stoned: They have a lake, meditation gardens and such.

What is Spiritualism?

~Namaste~ 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Cassadaga; "Spiritualist Camp" in FL [Re: Adamist]
    #2067270 - 11/03/03 06:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds great. If I am ever in the area I should swing in. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: