Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Quiting marijuana (log/journal)
    #2064954 - 11/02/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

its been good for the past few years smoking every day (on the weekends its around 4-6 sessions a day), but its just time to say good bye for now. As for the reasons why I will just name the biggest one: I got fired from my job, and dont have the money to spend on pot I dont need, and I got fired becuase I was really fucked up and didnt make it to work a week ago (pot and other drugs). I really need to stop smoking ganja for at least a few months, get a job, then decide from there what I want to do. I will be keeping a journal here in this thread updating daily becuase I think it will help me.

Day 1 - Half way through, I feel like shit becuase I drank last nite and smoked (threw up) so ya. This will definatly be the hardest day. I plan on not doing shit today either, which isnt good. I need somthing to do. Any suggestions? Thanks peace-

Day 2 - Just woke up, slept for 10 hours last nite. Felt like shit, and needed a bowl really bad when I woke up but now im feelin ok after a bowl of cerial. I definatly have no desire to do anything right now. I cant even focus. 2nd day is way worse than the 1st. FINALLY ITS OVER!! WOOT.. DAY 2 DOWN, DAy 3 TOMMROOW!

Day 3 - Ran 2 miles today, then did some sprints with a friend becuase I was feeling great and decided to go exercise. I am going to start doing this regularly. Obviously smoking and not working out alot hurt me alot becuase those 2 miles killed me, and I used to be able to run way farther, and faster. Anyway day 3 was not so bad, almost easy, but not. I think tommorow will be great, and im feeling ok.

Day 4-7 - Im going to be updating weekly now becuase this is to easy. I feel great, clean, and I have been saving ALOT of money. My life has also gotten 10 fold more organized. Its crazy what this has done to my life!

Week 2 Everything is going awesome so far. All my friends are supportive, I have said no to pot about 100+ times now just chilin at parties getting drunk and what not. My closest call was yesterday when I was drunk rollin around with a friend I always smoke with and he had his bong, weed, and was hitting the bong with me in it and the pot song blastin and I was just like wow. I need to smoke. But I held strong and stuck to my guns. I definatly wouldnt have been able to do that during the first week. Dam that was intense. Anyway my job is awesome, friends are nice, and life is gewd :laugh: I dont really need pot, or any drug for that matter. I will never quit shrooms becuase I really do appreciate them now, and I have no problem limiting myself to once a month. Anyway just thought id let you guys know how im doing (I havent been posting on the shroomery much becuase I worked ALL WEEK this week), im really doing awesome working at my new job. Peace!!!!!!! <3 shroomery  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: Quiting marijuana (log/journal) [Re: whole9] * 1
    #2065103 - 11/02/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I decided to quit a month ago and the first week was the hardest, but after that my mind moved to other things. Getting to sleep the first two or three nights was hell, expect to stay up way later than you want. But I have so much more energy during the day, my thoughts are clear, and when you go from being high all the time, being sober actually feels like you're on some great drug (not sure if that makes sense)... I've only smoked once since then, when a friend visited me and offered some Bubblegum and it knocked me on my ass since my tolerance was low.

I started playing guitar a lot more, and getting much more into music. I realize that being high would make it more fun, but I just try not to think of that when I'm playing. Also I have a lot more time for schoolwork, which helped my grades (not sure if you're in college or not). But like 3 weeks after I quit I didn't have any more cravings, my life was back to normal and I only thought about pot when I was on the Shroomery. But a lot of shit happened the past week (found out my father has untreatable cancer and doesn't know how much time he has left), and I'm probably going to end up getting some herb soon. I know I don't need it or crave it, but I just want to feel numb to everything. Good luck with your quitting. Just remember that it's not a big deal once you get past the first few days. Just try to find a hobby. Play video games, go looking for jobs, jerk off, learn/play an instrument, read a book, anything you're interested in.

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
Re: Quiting marijuana (log/journal) [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #2065366 - 11/02/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone always told me that 2-3 weeks after quitting, the desire to smoke got less and less... but it didnt for me. It just got worse. I quit smoking pot for about 4 months last time, and im just finishing month 1 this time, with only a 2 week smoke break in between the two. I miss it alot, but life doesn't allow me to smoke right now. I moved back into my mothers house a month before i turned 21, and since I live with her, I really try to respect her house (she hates the fact that I do drugs, but she knows she cant stop me).

What gets my mind off of smoking is 2 things:
a) I cant afford it anyway
b) it makes me wicked lethargic
c) doing artwork

Art (working with steel in specific) really helps me get away from the desire to smoke, altho it has NEVER gone away. I guess its just a part of me, I love what it does to me, how it makes me feel, what it makes me forget

I personaly will NEVER quit entirely... but i will take a few breaks now and then.

You will get through this... after all, its only a drug. I hope you can quit, and when you do, make sure you tell us all about it, so we can maybe learn from your experiences

--------------------

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Quiting marijuana (log/journal) [Re: Suffer]
    #2065857 - 11/02/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thx for the comments I really appreciate all that :laugh: helped me think it through, and now I can say I am definatly commited. So let the log live on!

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
Re: Quiting marijuana (log/journal) [Re: whole9]
    #2065957 - 11/02/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, i'm with ya whole9. I decided to take a break for a month or more as of last night. Going pretty good so far i suppose.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Quiting marijuana (log/journal) [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #2065994 - 11/02/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ya and to make it better all my friends are going to quit with me. Even though they never smoked as much as me, they are doing it jsut to support me. Its awesome :laugh:

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2066028 - 11/02/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

you have some damn good friends then
:laugh:

--------------------

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#2066034 - 11/02/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yes i d00! :laugh: I also have some pretty dam good friends here on the shroomery =] AND I AM CLEAN FOR DAY 1 WOOT!! GG 1 DOWN LOTS LOTS MORE TO GO!

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#2068123 - 11/03/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hello day 2 :blush:

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#2068486 - 11/03/03 05:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

AKJSDHKJLASHDKLJASHD THIS SUX!!

Anonymous #1

#2068838 - 11/03/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i'm on day 3 myself. sux doesn't even begin to describe it. stay strong dude it'll pass.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Quiting marijuana (log/journal) [Re: ]
    #2069321 - 11/04/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cartoon_Nightmares said:
i'm on day 3 myself. sux doesn't even begin to describe it. stay strong dude it'll pass.

me 2! day 3 begins now!

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2069382 - 11/04/03 02:16 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

DUDE! im on month 2 now... it aint so bad... catch up with me and THEN you can complain
:grin:

--------------------

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#2070140 - 11/04/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

lol. I hope I can catch up :laugh:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2070206 - 11/04/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've been a toker for more or less going on 6 years... the first year wasn't hardcore smoking, just a toke here or there, but it built up quit to a regular habit.  It's been an everyday thing for a good 4 years now.  The longest break I've taken was eight months, but that was years ago.  Longest since then has been a matter of a couple weeks. 

In the spirit of the moment (and the fact that I want to try something new), I am going to give it my best to vastly reduce my smoking.  Already vaped a bowl this morning, but I'm going to try to hold off until my friends from south and north of me come to visit in two weeks.  I'll report back then... or sooner :tongue:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2070669 - 11/04/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Right now that's a big fear factor - losing my job and being forced to quit for awhile... I haven't gone a day without toking for at least 2 years now.. my boss told me last week if I showed up late for work one more time I'm canned...that put a little salt in my humble soup.

Best of luck to you though.. who knows, maybe after a few months you might not wanna start toking up again.. you're out of the cycle of getting stoned all the time, some people might figure its a money saver to stay out of it.

as for me, i'm quite comfortable working and getting stoned all the time.. although it's same thing over and over again I sometimes get the desire to get clear headed..

peace.

--------------------

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Quiting marijuana (log/journal) [Re: geokills]
    #2071158 - 11/04/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
I've been a toker for more or less going on 6 years... the first year wasn't hardcore smoking, just a toke here or there, but it built up quit to a regular habit.  It's been an everyday thing for a good 4 years now.  The longest break I've taken was eight months, but that was years ago.  Longest since then has been a matter of a couple weeks. 

In the spirit of the moment (and the fact that I want to try something new), I am going to give it my best to vastly reduce my smoking.  Already vaped a bowl this morning, but I'm going to try to hold off until my friends from south and north of me come to visit in two weeks.  I'll report back then... or sooner :tongue:

cool! good luck my friend  :grin:  :thumbup:

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#2076645 - 11/06/03 10:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

updated*** a few days in advance but thats ok!

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #2081163 - 11/07/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes, you just NEED to quit. I'll need to lay off in a few weeks here, once finals times comes around. Its different for some people, but I just can *NOT* concentrate on school when I'm baked all the time.

I try to just limit myself to a bowl after work and before bed, if its heavy school season. Mid-semester now though, so everything is A-OK.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineTree
Stranger
Re: Quiting marijuana (log/journal) [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2083984 - 11/08/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I used to smoke everyday allday but I moved to a campus in switzerland and here you get expelled if your drug-test is positive. I havent smoked from late August !
I never experienced any "delirrium" or shit like that, cause I was in a new atmosphere and I had alot to think about. I certainly miss weed and when I go back to my home country for the december vacation I will smoke ALOT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

--------------------
ET AF I BUN !

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag