Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Iraq guerrillas down US chopper, at least 13 dead [Re: lysergic]
    #2065253 - 11/02/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Can you read? Great, big, alot ie a great deal... alot of... etc.

Heh, you are so comical.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Iraq guerrillas down US chopper, at least 13 dead [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2065278 - 11/02/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

it sure sounded like you were happy about the 'progress' of the iraqi resistance... if you aren't i suppose i'm glad we got that misconception cleared up.

I'd say the attacks they have been able to engineer in the last week are definately progress on those terms, GREAT, being alot, big, large, you are welcome to go to dictionary.com and look it up. Compared to getting mowed down by our military. They are definately greatly progressing in their tactics.

their tactics are pretty much the same as they have been for a while. they aren't evolving, or becoming more organized or better equipped... they've been shooting RPG's at shit since the very beginning. having a guy with good aim take out a helicopter is no sign of any progress on the part of the resistance. it represents a well-placed RPG round, nothing else.

where did you find details on the particular tactics used by iraqi resistance fighters that lead you to believe they are becoming more organized, or better equipped, or trained, or just "making progress" in general?

OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Loc: Chicago
Re: Iraq guerrillas down US chopper, at least 13 dead [Re: ]
    #2065298 - 11/02/03 02:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Even if they are not spectacular tactics, they are good enough to cause a consistent ammount of casualties. If America is going to solve this problem by trying to kill every resistance fighter, they are not going to get far because there are many more who will take their place.

--------------------

"Memories of high speeds when the cops crash, As I laugh pushin the gas while my glocks blast" -RIP Tupac

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #2065314 - 11/02/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

My new goal in life is to find out every drop of personal information about you that I can, and post it in as many chat rooms / bulletin boards as I can. Enjoy having me as an enemy.

I think you've reached a new low, I'll have to take down my picture of JohnnyRespect from above my computer and replace it with yours.

By the way, perhaps you might want to criticise your own Special Forces troops too if you're feeling so vitriolic about these kind of things (from an interview with Robert Fisk):

But as I was waiting hour after hour for the planes to take off, mortars started landing at the airport. Five in all. And I was actually chatting to a group of special forces, Americans, with their black webbing with lots and lots of radios and telephones and weapons. And they were actually-- as special forces tend to-being quite appreciative of their enemy. They were saying: Not bad. They're getting better. They're getting better. In other words, they were aiming their mortars to land closer to the actual runway of the airport.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Iraq guerrillas down US chopper, at least 13 dead [Re: Edame]
    #2065391 - 11/02/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Being appreciative of an enemies ability, and applauding their actions that kill Americans ,are two very different things.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Anonymous

#2065420 - 11/02/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

he's not saying they aren't.

OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Loc: Chicago
    #2065428 - 11/02/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Is it really all that surprising that Americans are going to die while they are occupying a country?

--------------------

"Memories of high speeds when the cops crash, As I laugh pushin the gas while my glocks blast" -RIP Tupac

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2065441 - 11/02/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I said the WERENT organized.. reread things before you blatently lie about what words you attribute to me.
I said: "And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized."

Im not going to waste alot of time on this since the articles to answer all of the questions you posed that I had said are out there, Im not wasting my time. Ive done my research.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/7159770.htm

The intelligence officials, who all spoke on the condition of anonymity because intelligence assessments are classified, said they have no evidence that the attacks are centrally directed. They said many of the attacks appear to be carried out independently by small groups using improvised explosive devices, rocket-propelled grenades and small arms.

But they said the groups have begun to lend what one official called "some significant support" to one another:

_ Local Iraqis, the officials said, are providing near real-time intelligence by watching U.S. troop movements, roads and defenses, as an August 18 U.S. Army War College study reported the Iraqis did as American forces drove toward Baghdad in March and April.

"Scouts in civilian clothes reconnoitered U.S. positions continuously; reported via cell/satellite phones, landlines, couriers," the War College study said. The study also reported that U.S. Marines in the southern city of Nasiriyah captured a "detailed, accurate sandtable of U.S. positions."

Intelligence officials also worry that hostile Iraqis may have penetrated some coalition civilian and military operations, housing compounds and other areas, much as members of the Viet Cong simultaneously worked for and spied on the United States, the South Vietnamese government and some news organizations during the Vietnam War.

"You never know who you might have working for you, and some of these people, I'm not sure they are who they say they are," said one senior coalition military official in Baghdad.

Holdouts from Saddam's military, irregular forces, intelligence service and secret police provide vehicles, munitions, military expertise, especially in making and detonating explosives, and what one official called "some higher level understanding of our equipment and tactics based on the `91 (Persian Gulf) war and the technical help they got over the years from the Soviet Union."

Members of the militant Kurdish Islamic group Ansar al Islam who survived U.S. and Kurdish attacks on their sanctuary in northern Iraq earlier this year, the officials said, provide a network of safe houses in the Baghdad area. Saddam's government tolerated the terrorist group's presence because Ansar's main enemy was Saddam's Kurdish opponents in northern Iraq, who are cooperating with the United States.

"Maybe some people (in the administration) overstated the ties between Saddam and Ansar, and between Ansar and al-Qaida," said one official. "But everybody knew everybody else, and that may have made it easier for them to find one another and cooperate now."

Fresh Islamic recruits from Syria, Jordan, Pakistan, Yemen, Egypt, Algeria and even Albania, one official said, provide "a willingness to carry out suicide missions" as well as "some limited training with rudimentary weapons and tactics. A lot of what we seem to be seeing aren't hardcore mujahedeen from the Afghan war (against Soviet occupation) or senior al-Qaida, but new recruits who want their turn."

"Each of these groups by itself would be less of a problem," said another official. "But by cooperating, they've been able to watch us more closely and adapt faster to what we're doing. As a result, this is going to take some time, even if we avoid making the kind of mistakes that (anger) more people and drive them into the enemy camp."

Want some more? Okay.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1076100,00.html -A good article in it's entirety, but here is a snippet.

"'These groups are separate, but work together more and more as the various leaders are contacting each other. Most people are not doing it because of Saddam, but for religious or nationalist reasons. Some are criminals, who under other circumstances few people would have anything to do with. Some are paid, but not many.'

He suggested that last Sunday's rocket attack on the Al Rashid Hotel showed a level of sophistication that was new for the resistance. An underground cell working with staff at the hotel, which was once virtually run by the Iraqi secret service, watched the arrival of guests while street cleaners worked with an underground cell to position the rocket launcher. "

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2065445 - 11/02/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, but Im cheering.

Okey dokey.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2065530 - 11/02/03 03:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Perhaps if you werent all biased, "pro americans" at all cost, "everyone who is liberal likes seeing our soldiers killed".. you'd read my words, not your opinions.

Once again your anger gets in the way of a rational response.

I can acknowledge when my country does wrong and have done so here several times. You on the other hand come across as a shrew who can find nothing America does right.

That, whether you realize it or not, is how you come across.

And yes, gleeful was the correct word.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Iraq guerrillas down US chopper, at least 13 dead [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2065546 - 11/02/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The majority of people here don't have any problems with America itself, rather the Bush Administration.

Of course, ya gotta stand by him luvdem - thick or thin, 'coz he was the 'best of choices'.  :loveeyes:    :heartpump:

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2065557 - 11/02/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, you love to use statements and spin them dontcha?

You should go volunteer to be on Bush's press team.

Like Ive said before I could give a fuck about what biased war mongers think I am. I know what I am. I know how much time Ive spent trying to get these men and women out of harms way, I know how many care packages Ive sent to soldiers, sailors and marines.

Sit here on an internet forum, doing nothing for your country and keep on claiming I hate it.

I love America and we are going to take it back from people like you.

How the hell did you get off of my ignore, anyway. I should fix that.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Iraq guerrillas down US chopper, at least 13 dead [Re: Zahid]
    #2065572 - 11/02/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've criticized him here frequently. You must have been sleeping.

Frankly I'm surprised you would mistake correcting incorrect information as support for a non-conservative conservative.

Edit: Yup. That's why I voted for him. To do what's best for this country. If you wish to keep using that as an insult.... feel free.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (11/02/03 04:22 PM)

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2065585 - 11/02/03 04:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloKitten said:

If this happens im going back to canada. My father had to live in horrible conditions after WWII in east Germany and i dont need to go through something like that.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2065589 - 11/02/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloKitten said:
Wow, you love to use statements and spin them dontcha?

I spun nothing, merely stated how you come across to me.

Quote:

You should go volunteer to be on Bush's press team.

Not a chance. As I've said before many times I voted for him simply because he was the best of bad choices and as such likely to do less harm than Gore. I stand by that.

Quote:

Like Ive said before I could give a fuck about what biased war mongers think I am.

Then simply stop responding because it sure seems like you care.

Quote:

I know what I am.

I don't which is why I said it's how you come across.

Quote:

I know how much time Ive spent trying to get these men and women out of harms way, I know how many care packages Ive sent to soldiers, sailors and marines.

That's decent of you.

Quote:

Sit here on an internet forum, doing nothing for your country and keep on claiming I hate it.

Well you could stop coming across that way.

Quote:

I don't think so. I think people are waking up and realizing that liberal bullshit is what has us fucked up. I don't think you'll see a Democrat president or majority in congress or the senate for a long time.

In the mean time, chill out. Or at least make it sound as if you have.

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Iraq guerrillas down US chopper, at least 13 dead [Re: d33p]
    #2065591 - 11/02/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

FANTASTIC!  Maybe you could take a bunch of the other war mongers with you.

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2065602 - 11/02/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Good for you - you criticised Bush; I haven't heard much from you why he's the better of choices (I don't doubt that you have attempted to make a point of this either in the past), but frankly the 'better of choices' sounds as played out as "We were on a Break", as Ross would say. :wink: 

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2065624 - 11/02/03 04:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I don't care how it sounds to you.

Given a choice beteween two candidates (and realistically, two is all there were), I was forced to vote for the one I felt would do the least harm. I thought long and hard about it.

Frankly for you to attempt to use it as an insult is childish.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2065634 - 11/02/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I thought long and hard about it.

Evidently not.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2065645 - 11/02/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Wrong again. Is that the best you can come up with?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies