Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Overreacting?
    #2063773 - 11/01/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I always feel like I am reacting to life. Lately, I feel like my situation determines my behavior and not the other way around. Like I am being shaped by my environment even as an adult.

It seems that the older I get, the more aware of this I become. And yet remain powerless to do anything about it.

I do not want to be the person that I am becoming. And yet remain powerless to do anything about it.

I am at a point in my life where I want to break out of this shit and do something that feels like it has purpose.

I know you can relate to what I am saying . I think I know what I have to do to break out of this fucking shit. Just curious to know how some of you deal with it.

I just wanted to see if maybe I was overreacting or not.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
Re: Overreacting? [Re: sirreal]
    #2063920 - 11/01/03 10:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

when we say that there is no choice, we are really comforting ourselves with a choice that we have already made. You have the power to do ANYTHING you want. Granted, that doesnt make it any easier to make the choices you feel are right, but I can completly empathize. You arnt overreacting IMHO, I think your as scared as the rest of us (correct me if im wrong) at the infinate possibilities that lay in front of us.

Personaly, I deal with some of this kinda stuff by smoking pot. That may not work well for you, but the idea is to find something, ANYTHING that helps you focus on the fact that it is up to you, that as stressfull as things can get, you can choose differently. You may have to live with some of the choices you have already made, I know i struggle with those almost every day of my life. But that doesnt meen that you cant do something different tommorow. You just have to accept that it is your will, that you have the power, that you can and will do ANYTHING you put your mind to.

Have faith... you are strong enough to overcome ANYTHING

--------------------

Offlinesykobish Happy Birthday!
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2066266 - 11/02/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I do not want to be the person that I am becoming. And yet remain powerless to do anything about it.

You are in control of your own life. You don't have to be anything or anyone you don't want to be. Be the person you want to be. Stand up for you and don't let others sway you into being something you aren't. Be the person you want to be and be happy with yourself. That's all that matters.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Anonymous #1

Re: Overreacting? [Re: sykobish]
    #2067693 - 11/03/03 10:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I over react a lot. I always think someone is saying shit. Even if someone gives me advice I take it the wrong way. All I can say is slow down. Take a big breath and then decide on what action you are going to take.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Overreacting? [Re: ]
    #2067794 - 11/03/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ya really....its like im speaking a different language or something, it seems like alot of people dont understand the shit i am saying, like it just goes right over their head, but yet, i couldnt possibly say it any clearer...then, i get frustrated, try to talk to them again, and they get all bent out of shape cause i am repeating myself...which gets me more frustrated, and eventually they see that im getting frustrated and get all defensive and appear to be offended at my frustration....ahhhhh!!!!, this pisses me off! then, they are like, relax man, your over reacting....what ever, i cant win with these people :tongue: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Anonymous #1

Re: Overreacting? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2068273 - 11/03/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I got that space cat mumble lingo. After a few days of partying or smoking my voice sounds like sand papper. Its fun for me expecialy when I dont give a shit if the people understand me. But some times I would like it if they could. I hope it dosnt get worse with age.

User Gallery

#2068493 - 11/03/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There is no such thing as a stressful situation.  It's how you react to the situation that makes it stressful. - syko-bish :smile:

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2069185 - 11/03/03 11:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sykobish said:
There is no such thing as a stressful situation.  It's how you react to the situation that makes it stressful. - syko-bish :smile: 

I absolutely believe that. I understand that I am the problem, not everyone else.

It just becomes tiresome always fighting my impulses to react in a negative and non-productive way. Trying to resist those negative impulses all the time makes me just as miserable as giving into them. Everything just seems like it is spinning out of control most of the time.

All of the things that I seem to have going for me just do not seem that important to me anymore. I am losing my judgement and don't know how to feel about most things anymore. Things that were so simple before seem very complex and difficult now. I want to understand my purpose here. Why am I alive? Why do any of us even exist? I need to resolve this one way or the other.

The fact that nonone in my life seems to give a shit about these questions makes it very difficult for me. It makes me feel like I am being tedious and obsessive. Why doesn't anyone seem to be interested in facing this existence?

But thanks for the encouragement sykobish. I am struggling with some serious issues right now and it is difficult to hear good advice, but I do appreciate it.   

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Overreacting? [Re: Suffer]
    #2069192 - 11/03/03 11:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Suffer said:
I think your as scared as the rest of us (correct me if im wrong) at the infinate possibilities that lay in front of us.

You are right about that! I just wish I did not feel like such a coward.

Thank you for the encouragement, suffer.

Thanks to everyone.

--------------------
-----------

User Gallery

#2069276 - 11/04/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If it's any consolation.. i can tell you what i think life is and what i believe we are here for.

I believe that we are to give a piece of us, a piece of our positive energy to everyone we come in contact with. That's how we grow as a person.. and that's how we live forever.

That's about it, in a nutshell.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2069376 - 11/04/03 02:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

your not a coward for feeling that way... i think its just another fact of (so called) life

Life is SCARY SHIT! you never know whats going to happen... or who your friends are... or if they could ever forgive you for MAKING A MISTAKE.

But, i guess the only ones we can ever rely on are ourselves... everone else is just looking out for there own interests. As we should as well. Overreacting is sometimes necessary to protect our selves... from that which we cannot accept.

Your doing fine tho dude... just keep living... and doing what you think you think you must... because no one knows what is best for you as YOU DO

--------------------

User Gallery

#2069391 - 11/04/03 02:19 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Suffer said:
Life is SCARY SHIT! you never know whats going to happen... or who your friends are... or if they could ever forgive you for MAKING A MISTAKE.

Seem like there's a little inside story to that, that you may be upset about. Everyone makes mistakes.. and everyone deserves to be forgiven. But i for one dont appreciate people who act like they are your friend, but will choose the 'more popular' (for lack of better words) side of an argument and treat you like a nothing just to look good in front of their peers. People like that are the kinds of people you dont need to associate with. As they say, With friends like that, who needs enemies?

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2069487 - 11/04/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ok sykobish... my bad for letting my personal feelings come out in this post... lets BOTH leave our personal problems OFF this post and hopefully this forum...

agreed?

--------------------

User Gallery

#2069493 - 11/04/03 03:39 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Wonderful words of wisdom. Don't forget to follow them.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2069904 - 11/04/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

No offense syko, but your words on the meaning of life are just to vague. Of course it is good to share positive energy.  Maybe I am obsessive. :crazy:

What's with the tension between you and suffer? I don't really understand your initial response to him. Oh well, maybe it is none of my business.

--------------------
-----------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2071242 - 11/04/03 08:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ok sykobish... my bad for letting my personal feelings come out in this post... lets BOTH leave our personal problems OFF this post and hopefully this forum...

no no no....i think you got it wrong here...i may be mistaken, but isnt talking about our personal feelings what this forum all about? anyway, maybe you were being scarcastic.....at least, i hope so, cuz if not i been breaking that rule on this forum from day 1 :grin:

Quote:

No offense syko, but your words on the meaning of life are just to vague.

well, isnt life itself just a little vague? i mean, we are here, but other than that we really dont know anything...so with that in mind, a vague explanation may be the best any of us can do. we as a race have come up with all sorts of more complex, not so vague ideas as to why we are here, and then start wars and such when someone doesnt agree, but do any of us really know WHY we are here? i think it differs with each person, and i dont think there is any real definitive answer to this one...but i think syko's explanation, no matter how vague, would be a good rule of thumb for anyone....only if we were all so vague.... :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Overreacting? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2072432 - 11/05/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
i think syko's explanation, no matter how vague, would be a good rule of thumb for anyone....only if we were all so vague.... :grin:   

A good rule to live by? Absolutely! Sure it is advantagous to society for it's individuals to live this way. It helps life out when it's members treat each other well.

But, for some reason it just does not satisfy me.

I do need to simplify. You are probably right. This may be all there is to it. :tongue:

--------------------
-----------

User Gallery

#2075577 - 11/05/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
No offense syko, but your words on the meaning of life are just to vague. Of course it is good to share positive energy.  Maybe I am obsessive. :crazy:

heh I agree i was being very vague.  I said 'in a nutshell' cuz that's the basics of what i think we're here for.  You don't need to agree of course, cuz that's just my opinion.  I wouldn't mind going into more detail, but at the time of that post, i got interupted by the people i live with so i cut it short.  You get the just of it.  I'll make another post later about it if you'd like to hear more.  I apologize for not explaining more thoroughly.

Quote:

What's with the tension between you and suffer? I don't really understand your initial response to him. Oh well, maybe it is none of my business.

I'd rather not get into it.  Him and i were both in the wrong for posting that.  We're here to help others who post in this forum.  We were wrong for mixing our own personal tension in other peoples threads.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies