Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCinopsilo
I'm back
Loc: Somewhere in the middle o...
Sad plant pics
    #2062403 - 11/01/03 08:01 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, the picture on the top was growing outdoors for inital 2-3
weeks, because every previous indoor attemt at growing as failed, but It was getting pretty cold down here for a few days (enough to scare me that the plant would die, if not slow growth), So I followed other people advice and my gut and moved it inside at about 3-4 weeks old, kept it in my closet with one of the 2 fluorescent lights we have around the house, watered when needed, generally every other day or so, & since I've attempted growing them indoors many times before in the past 2 years & they come up great like there's gonna be no problems, then every single time the plants get about to the same age/height ,being
only like month, month 1/2 tops old then they either fall totally over, or the leaves start browning and such. So, like I was saying since the past 10 or so times attempting growing indoors, I was weary to try almost same conditions again, I even put a mini fan in the closet with the plant and turned it on occasionally to give it some air, and I had an air purifier (used like in places where people smoke) so I thought it was gonna be for sure this time, but sure enough within 3-5 days of being indoors, it died again, starting wilting leaves, little brown spots, leaves shriveling up, as you can see in the 1st pic, dieing a slow death, but I've always read that when growing indoors the lights should not be any closer than 14 inches from the plant, & I even measured it with a tape measurer and gave it about 16-20 inches away, but now I've got people giving me contradicting information saying that Fluoroescent lights should be very close, around 6 inches from plant, which could explain the pattern of plants dieing at same age every time. Also, in the past I've used 2 fluoro's.

So, this time I have to grow indoors being that it's too close to frosts
coming for the year, so this is what the 2nd picture is, I have shelves in my closet & I used a drip tray for the pots, which is foil, so may help reflect light, & in the 2 pots on the back left of the picture (as if looking at it) I've got 2 sprouts growing in each pot 2 have 2 leaves and the other 2 have 4 leaves & are aprox. 1 inch and 3/4 to 2 inches and a quarter, in 2 other pots 1 sprout is growing out of each with 2 leaves on one and 4 on the other, and the 5th pot is a sprout that never grew, even know I doubt you can even notice the green sprouts in the pots being so small, and pic is kinda blurry, but this time I figured I'd change it up a little bit, because I'm apparently doing the same wrong thing(s) every attempt. So this time I used only 1 light and have it aprox. 6 inches from plants, & instead of gradually introducing plant to
about 8 hours a day then stepping it up, I run the light 24/7 since planted, water every other day or as needed, not using miracle gro, because I've heard you don't want to give miracle gro to young plants, & open closet door occasionally for a little air. Now I know the 2 pots that 2 sprouts are growing out of each pot will have to be transplanted, but I believe it can grow for a week or 2 more before that has to happen. All sprouts planted same day, so they're all about a week old in the pot. Soil used just regular dirt soil from yard, mixed wth soil that came from other flower pots here when we moved here, & soil has little white pieces of something in it, I forget what you call it, I wanna say perlite, but anyway they seem to be growing average compared to other plants grown, which does'nt necessarily mean I'm doing something right, because in the past they grew perfect, no problems, then BOOM, they die. So, has anyone experienced this same problem? Any advice on something I'm not doing that I need to be? & does the 2nd picture look like an efficient place to grow it?
Help very much needed. Thanks.

--------------------
"Did you see what GOD just did to us maaaaan?" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
"As your attorney, I advise you to get a very fast car, & you'll need the cocaine too." -
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCinopsilo
I'm back
Re: Sad plant pics [Re: Cinopsilo]
    #2062450 - 11/01/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well I guess I'll reply to my post since nobody else will...Am I the only person that has trouble getting their plants to the flowering stage?

--------------------
"As your attorney, I advise you to get a very fast car, & you'll need the cocaine too." -

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #2062806 - 11/01/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, if you are using flouros you MUST keep them within around 2 inches of the plants, and you want more than a few lights, I haven't grown in a while but try getting around 100W per plant....however that won't be enough for them to flower very well. I know they say this at OG all the time but I am going to say it here, just go out and buy a 100-150W HPS and you'll be in business, its just such a bitch to get enough flouros to grow a decent plant. peace.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: Sad plant pics [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2062808 - 11/01/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

12 hour light, 12 hour dark will sex them. Go to overgrow.com and you'll get all the into you will need.

OfflineGroont
Lurky
    #2062810 - 11/01/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yes i grow weed and you would want to get some compact fluroescent lights they are very cheap and work wonderful. Flowering is a preppty long process when you switch the lights to 12 hours on and 12 hours off you will soon in a week or more have full blown out ability to see if the plant is female or male.

--------------------
Grow Drugs...

OfflineCinopsilo
I'm back
Re: Sad plant pics [Re: Groont]
    #2063008 - 11/01/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, so as soon as I send this post I'm gonna put the flouro that y'all saw in the 2nd pic 2 inches from plants, & I'm gonna post a pic of my other fluoro just to make sure it's not too much, because the bulb in it is about twice the size of the one in the pic everyone saw, overgrow? I'll check that out too, and I understand about trying to stick to the main things suggested in guides and what not, and not substitute for shittier grow equipment. It's all on the list for stuff to get, potting soil, nutrients, good lights, etc., I'm just looking for advice to keep em' alive till then. But thanks for the advice.

--------------------

Offlinedastats
The Truth is Blinding
Loc: B.C.
    #2063395 - 11/01/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah dude, go get a small hps. you can prolly get em fer about 80 bux er so. Otherwise yer not gunna get anything out of those little guys. Fer veg, give em 24 hours, and flower 12/12 like they say.

peace dwg, and good luck.
Jater

--------------------
Peace all.

Jater

OfflineCinopsilo
I'm back
Re: Sad plant pics [Re: dastats]
    #2063915 - 11/01/03 10:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Shit $80 is alot for a broke man with no opportunity to come across any money, I may need a lot more than advice to keep the plants alive, but look i'm way too tired to post pic of my other fluoro, fingers hurt from typing, so i'm gonna go drink beers, smoke cigs and watch ufo's, the fluoro that I have used in the past on growing, and everyone here suggests I add another light right? well it's about at least 30 inches long or so, so it'd almost be like adding 2 more lights same size as one in there maybe a lil' smaller, but i ain't got no choice. g'night

--------------------

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

#2063999 - 11/01/03 11:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The important thing is the wattage, how many watts do you have with that one light? Maybe 15? That won't cut it man, if you insist on using flouros go to a hardware store or even walmart and you can buy 15W tubes w/ fixtures ready to be plugged in for around $10 each, compact flouros are also a great idea, just buy a power strip and a timer then hook them all up. But if you really want to grow drop $80-100 on a nice HPS. Here was a friend of mines first grow, he used two 15W tubes and one 23W compact. But he let it die because he didn't have enough lights.

--------------------
1983-2004

OfflineCinopsilo
I'm back
    #2069924 - 11/04/03 09:41 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

That's awesome man, I wish mine would get to that point, but I'm gonna go get some of those tubes, how many you think would be enough since you said your friend did'nt have enough ?

--------------------

Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Loc: in a jar of blue honey
    #2070199 - 11/04/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

are you feeding your plants at all? once they get 2 weeks old they need some food. also what kind of soil are you using? and have you checked the ph of your water source and of your soil?

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

OfflineCinopsilo
I'm back
Re: Sad plant pics [Re: mushroomspoon]
    #2072492 - 11/05/03 07:13 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How old is that plant you showed pics of? and what kind of plant food should i use?

--------------------

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

#2072725 - 11/05/03 09:16 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

That plant was about 3-4 weeks old I think, I would suggest going out and buying enough tubes/compacts so you have at least somewhere around 90W, that might just be able to induce some flowering, but don't expect much, it is kind of bitch to mount all of them in a good way around your plant(s), but get creative. I don't know much about food since my friend never feed his, really, you don't need to even fuck with fertilizer, if it is a nice strong plant water is all it will need. Just concentrate on growing only a few plants so you can pick out the female, than just grow that one plant so it can use ALL your light availiable.

--------------------
1983-2004

Offlinegtivr6mk4
dankaholic

Loc: earth
    #2072764 - 11/05/03 09:39 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'd think the shop light type floros would be better. They're around $5 and hold two 4ft 40wt bulbs... $3-$5 each. You could hang one or two horizontally for your small plants. When they get bigger, purchase a few more and hang them around the plant... making a sort of teepee with the lights.

*To get any amount of good dense buds you're going to need a small HID. Keep a look out for any deals.... 75wt HPS security type lights can be had for $50 or less. It would be a great addition to the floros. That overgrow site has a wealth of info on all aspects of the subject... it was down this morning though....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies