Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Loc: Alberta
shroom essay for school
    #2045956 - 10/26/03 10:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well, I have decided to write the essay.it is for school. Here it is, for you fellow shroomers, and your opinion is much appreciated. I guess my main concern is could this even qualify as a narrative or descriptive essay? any suggestions( especially for the ending)? thanks

Forest Of Illusions

Nothing compares to a soothing walk outdoors when the weather is pleasant. My palm involuntarily brushes my cheek as I sense the clamminess of my skin. I am now aware of the seemingly sweltering heat, as the vibrant, late afternoon sun encloses around me like an envelope. It is early in June, and the escalating warmth becomes more palpable with each stride I take. No longer is it necessary to grip my frozen body with my trembling hands in a struggle to ward off the winter chill. I elongate my arms into a deep, soothing stretch, as the burdens of the preceding season seem to evaporate, as if the intense mass of the universe had just been elevated from my weary shoulders. I inhale intensely as the saccharine scent of lilies and lilac, and lavender penetrate my nose. As I traipse along the vacant pathway, the immense vegetation of the nearby woodland provides a welcomed shade from the brilliant sun. The broad branches of the birch tenderly invite me in, but I am wary, for although astonishingly stunning, abundant with color and life, the foliage is unfamiliar to me. It is a mystery, an illusion.

As I recollect tales of companions? experiences with the forest and its awe-inspiring wonder and splendour, I notice my swift pace decreasing to a leisurely saunter. I gaze at the extraordinary plant life, a rich palette of emeralds, olives, and the occasional amethyst or ruby. I stop and continue to fix my eyes on the striking scenery surrounding me. The ambiance is tranquil, almost unsettlingly so. All seems perfect, too good to be true. I take a momentary glimpse into the vast mass of forest. The abundance of greenery is overwhelming. Sweet is the song of the sparrow as it caresses my ears. The chattering chipmunks converse amongst themselves in their towering treetop sanctuaries. I am interrupted from the gaping beauty as one delightfully furry creature scurries across my tattered sneaker. I carry on along the well beaten path at the edge of the magnificent forest, and the sharp aroma of pine penetrates me, as if it were my initial encounter with the glorious fragrance, like a youthful bride with her husband on their wedding night.
My invigorating stroll comes to an immediate halt as I encounter a mystifying trail leading into the throng of trees. I have never before seen this particular route into the forest, and am taken aback by it. Unlike the perceptibly dilapidated soil beneath my own body, this new discovery was barely visible, revealing its intended inconspicuousness. It became apparent that few people had been here before, or if they were, had been meticulously discreet about their voyage into the unfamiliar. I peer down the pathway. The shrubs and trees are swarming, full with commotion, yet strangely serene. Suddenly, as if a dam had just burst, an ocean of curiosity flows into me. The abrupt urge to journey into this mystifying site overtakes me. I glance back at the familiar path behind me. My glance transforms into a gaze as I look further, across an enchanting floral pasture possessing an amount of exquisiteness comparable to the forest, yet deficient of the mystery. In the distance, a string of picturesque houses indicates civilization. I turn back towards the strange path. My mouth is parched. I tremble slightly. Although I am eager, anxiety is slithering towards me like a snake to it?s prey. I pat my clammy palms on the front side of my shorts. I?m far less nervous now, and I feel much more comfortable about my decision. I take a deep breath as I swallow the lump in my throat.

I step into this pristine world. A sense of anticipation ferments in my stomach, like bubbling lava churning in a volcano, ready to explode. The earth is supple and fertile, and gently seeps through the cracks between my toes as I remove my shoes and sink into the moist forest floor. A faint tingling sensation crawls up my legs like vines on a trellis. I am walking on air as the lush soil transforms into a soft fluffy cloud. My body is a feather, buoyant, afloat on my cloud, travelling among the thick, engulfing plant life, alongside the singing sparrows, as their familiar song is audible once again. I grin broadly as an intense joy creeps over me, abolishing any hesitation or anxiety previously polluting my thoughts. Humility washes over me like a flood as I look around at the scenery, every fluttering butterfly, wildflowers every shade of the rainbow, even the decaying, slug-infested log, and I now appreciate how incredible simple, everyday events are. I am one with this land that surrounds me. My mind is unlocked and everything gushes in. The thoughts spinning in my head are bizarre and flow rapidly, yet make complete sense to me. The visions in front of me are strange and wonderful. The forest is vibrant, everything radiant with gleam and illumination. The brilliant sun, the rainbow of foliage, flowers spattered around the affable scenery like drops from a paintbrush. I am like Alice, and this is my Wonderland.

As if a mirage in the desert, a crystalline babbling brook appears in front of me. My eyes are fixed on the swirling water, and the elaborate designs and images mesmerize me as they spin on the surface. I look over the water and catch of glimpse of my reflection. I notice my expression is still that of bliss as the grin remains, and now that I think about it, I can?t stop smiling if I try. I focus back on my distorted image in the swirling stream. My body warps and writhes around, as if I were looking in a funhouse mirror. My face alters in pigment, progressing through every shade, from crimson to cobalt and everything in between, eventually returning to normal. I come out of my daze and realize that I have been staring into the lucid liquid for a seemingly extensive amount of time, and find it unusually humorous. I glance at my watch to find that it has actually been a short time from when I first entered the forest. I am surprised at my lack of time perception, and this causes me to chuckle. My giggles develop into a full blown laughing fit, which leaves me unsure about what is so hilarious.

I lie on my back and manage to gain control of myself. The lofty trees dance above me to the melody of the stream. Millions of identical patterns emerge on the exterior of the trees? bark, but one in particular captures my interest. The creases and cavities in this tree appear to form the face of an elderly spirit and to my disbelief, the face shifts and chats with me. It is a friendly and courteous creature, and introduces itself as Martin. Martin?s comforting voice reassures me that there is nothing to be frightened of, for as long as they are treated with genuine respect and compassion, everything here is harmless. However, Martin warns, if the spirits of the forest sense agitation, anger or hostility, my visit here will be insufferable. I thank Martin for his guidance, and carry on deeper into the web of wilderness. Although brief, our conversation was amazingly profound and eye-opening.

I opt to follow the stream rather than the trail. The soothing murmur of the water transforms into a resonant hum encircling me and whisking me away like a whirlwind. The stream?s size and sound grow into those of a rampant river, its screams becoming agonizing. I reach into my bag for my dependable Discman, and slip on the headphones as the captivating magnificence of Sphongle explodes in my ears. The music corresponds so well with the landscape it is uncanny. I can see each enchanting note in front of me, rising above the trees into the heavens. A sudden burst of energy overtakes me, and my body reacts unconsciously to move with the music, and does so effortlessly. My hands are shooting stars as they soar through the air, trails of rainbow following my fingers. I clamber up the edge of the river back towards the path, as my vigour crashes to nearly nothing. I am completely satisfied with all around me that I am no longer motivated to continue. I catch sight of an exceptionally verdant portion of terrain and plunk myself down. I make myself comfortable and shut my eyes, the visions of the forest so vibrant and energetic that they are more visible than before. The roots of the trees entwine around me in a warm, amiable embrace. The forest is ecstasy.

As I return to the aperture of the forest where I first embarked on my adventure, I am overflowing with contentment. Although like a dream, a hallucination, with numerous pieces missing from memory, I am utterly delighted that I decided to come. According to my watch, I have spent several hours within this enchanting land, yet at this point, for reasons which remain a mystery, it would be a tremendous struggle for me to recount most of the occurrences in this stretch of time. As the approaching exit draws near, I glance down and notice a modest patch of mushrooms. I smile lovingly at them, and reach down to pick one to keep as a memento of my marvellous trip in the forest, but withdraw my hand. I realize it would be insolent of me to remove one of the mushrooms, regardless of how small or insignificant it may seem in the big picture, because I know that I have them to thank for my tremendous time here.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelongshot
title of what?

Loc: Farther North than you
Re: shroom essay for school [Re: kristina420]
    #2046162 - 10/26/03 11:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

No one should be writing anything about shrooms for school.
It is obvious you do not care about the people here at this board.
It is idiotic acts that are slowly bringing on the downfall of legal spores.

Eventually this loophole will be gone because of people like you.

Thanks a lot.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: shroom essay for school [Re: longshot]
    #2046207 - 10/27/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Write on! and dont listen to longshot.

it isn't the students who write about their hobbies that is "slowly bringing on the downfall of legal spores" thats for sure. I don't blame writers for the book-burning mentality.

When parents stop being afraid for the mortality and spirituality and all the other parts of their children which they have no control over, then we wont have to worry about insanities like psychedelic prohibition.

write on.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblelongshot
title of what?

Loc: Farther North than you
Re: shroom essay for school [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2046261 - 10/27/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you arent for the fight to keep spores legal, you are against it.
Period.
There is no one way or another.
There is legal or illegal.

The biggest blow the feds have made was because of some DUMBASS KID WHO GOT IN TROUBLE. (Fanaticus)

Recalcitrant wants to support actions that are going to help make spores illegal.

I bet I know what kind of UNIFORM he puts on every morning!

i smell...i smell...
recalcitrant!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2046290 - 10/27/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

And I thought Americans were parinoid!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2046359 - 10/27/03 01:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

longshot said:

Thanks a lot.     

I can't believe that you would respond to such a lovely and inspiring, thought provoking story like that. Even if it was about a mushroom trip, the whole thing is wrapped in metaphor: Only those that were told what she meant by the whole thing would really know what it was about for sure.

And I certainly don't know how someone that figured out that it was about a mushroom trip would ever get a negative impression about them from that story. The story was timeless and mystical, which in itself sort of suggests how meaningless a lot of issues the world squabbles over are.

Keep writing, that was amazing! :grin: Don't ever let short-sighted individuals keep you from writing what is on your mind. I'm sad to say there are as many paranoid and one thought per minute individuals on this side of the War agansit Drugs too. :frown:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: shroom essay for school [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2046936 - 10/27/03 09:20 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Kristina420, i would'nt listen to your man Longshot there, he seems like a bit of an angry young man that maybe cant find the wonder in his own life let alone yours.

I found that to be a beautiful piece of work. Well thought out and executed with charm and honesty.

Nice use of the English lanugage and quite visual in its narrative style.

But then what do i know?

Nice!

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
    #2047061 - 10/27/03 10:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

longshot said:

Thanks a lot.

Kristina i loved your paper, you have a lot of talent! Longshot your a moron, there is nothing wrong with her writing about a mushroom trip. She did not even mention that she had taken anything. Thanks for sharing Kristina, and longshot you need to shutup.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Re: shroom essay for school [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2047230 - 10/27/03 11:43 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"because I know that I have them to thank for my tremendous time here."

that's mention enough

--------------------

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
    #2048827 - 10/27/03 09:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I wish I could write like that. My vocabulary is small. If I tried to write a paper about the same experience it would be about 40 words long.

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2049545 - 10/28/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

recalcitrant said:
that's mention enough

Dude, that is so subtle, it doesn't even matter. Anyone that would be up agansit the stuff wouldn't even recognize the reference, they would be too braindead.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2050839 - 10/28/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"No one should be writing anything about shrooms for school.

Thanks a lot. "

Bullshit. Exposing others to a positive representation of illegal drugs is key.

Good job on the essay.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2050846 - 10/28/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You might be able to slow down the process of spores becoming illegal if you shut up and hide the reality. But if you expose people to the reality of the drugs, and actively protest, then you might even be able to make a positive change.

If you keep quiet like a coward nothing will ever get better.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: shroom essay for school [Re: Phluck]
    #2052746 - 10/29/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

also, there is no mention of any illegal activites in the paper. why trash somebody's work like that? that's just damn wrong.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Re: shroom essay for school [Re: TODAY]
    #2053873 - 10/29/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well, the verdict is in. I handed the essay in, and she loved it. I got 89% on it, and she said it was "very well-written" and "an excellent piece of work". id say thats good since she is very old fashioned and totally against drugs.

--------------------

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
    #2054408 - 10/29/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well hey nice job kristina! Don't you feel stupid longshot? lol.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2055875 - 10/30/03 01:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

89%? WTF? looks like a 100% paper to me.....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Re: shroom essay for school [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2056517 - 10/30/03 07:47 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well thanks wrestler, but there are other things besides content that she marks on, like rehtorical devices and grammatical errors and stuff. i guess "its" really DOESNT have an apostrophe :wink:

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2059646 - 10/31/03 01:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

lol....

well sometimes it does... like, "it's" going to be hot this summer

right? im gonna feel really dumb if im wrong... :tongue: im not really the most grammaticaly correct person at times....lol

great paper though, im glad you did good...or is it "well"  fuck, i dont know 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Re: shroom essay for school [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2063582 - 11/01/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

congradulations on your paper. maybe next time you'll put my name in it and get an extra mark or two :smile:

oh yeah, "jonathan"

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom