Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinestart25
Re: Tell-a-vision Programming! [Re: Phluck]
    #2062940 - 11/01/03 03:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Reading a book entails constant comprehension of a complex code. It makes you think about what you are computing, and forces you to use imagination to help comprehend the code in your own unique fashion.

Television bombards you with images and sound, and you don't think or imagine anything. Your mind is indoctrinated with visuals; you are being programmed to think a certain way. Basically, television creates a false world, and if you're not careful, you may become more of that world then of your own objective reality.

Timothy Leary said that we are becoming a mass consciousness due to media. Meaning we are thinking more alike by the information that we receive on a daily basis. That could be a good thing, but not with current state of affairs. How many television programs are telling you to question things, question authority, get out and think? It's mostly violence, sex and stale comedy. Which leads to a sex craven, aggresive, stale and passive mass population.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Tell-a-vision Programming! [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2062949 - 11/01/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Personal experience, observation, and Grateful Dead shows. There are many, many more people hugging at shows and festivals where LSD is served, than at say ... a McDonald's convention, where no LSD is served."

Maybe it's because the type of people who go around hugging one another are more likely to enjoy LSD than those who don't. There are punk scenes, for instance, where LSD is popular and such behaviour is not.

"Therefore the reasonable person would conclude that these experiences were at least made almost infinately more likely to occur because of the LSD."

There have been many people who have had periods in their life when they were surrounded by loving and like minded people, and have had tons of fun. Some groups used LSD, some were drug free, some were cokeheads, some were heavy drinkers. When you look at the big picture, it seems that the drugs you are using are just incidental.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2062955 - 11/01/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Then what is it? Define society. People are people, what makes a people a "society" if it is not an establishment belief system? "

Society is a group of people, their culture, their ideas, art, music, and beliefs. Members of western society (yes, this includes all of the hippies, they're just as normal as born again Christians), hold many, many different beliefs.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Tell-a-vision Programming! [Re: Droz]
    #2062958 - 11/01/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Edit - If you like TV, don't try and understand what I posted... If you know what I'm talking about let me know. "

Our opinions only matter to you if we agree with you? That's pretty fucked up, dude.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2062961 - 11/01/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"It's not meant for people who don't understand english. Fucked up if you ask me."

They could make television that was all mimed out, then everyone would understand it.

They certainly couldn't broadcast in every single language.

Your post was discriminatory because only people who read english could understand it. And even then it's a little bit iffy.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Tell-a-vision Programming! [Re: start25]
    #2062978 - 11/01/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Television bombards you with images and sound, and you don't think or imagine anything."

That's bullshit. Sure less is left to the imagination when television or film is the medium, but this doesn't mean that important information cannot be tranferred, or that the viewer cannot think critically of it.

"Basically, television creates a false world, and if you're not careful, you may become more of that world then of your own objective reality."

So does any kind of fiction.

"It's mostly violence, sex and stale comedy. Which leads to a sex craven, aggresive, stale and passive mass population."

Human beings are violent and sexual. Do you think that the sex and violence are put on TV because it's some kind of massive mind control conspiracy, or is it maybe because deep down it appeals to everyone?

There is good TV and bad TV, just like there are good books and bad books. People seem to think that television is making the public stupider, but this is not the case at all. People have been getting progressively more intelligent and more informed as a whole over the past century.

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #2062995 - 11/01/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

People have been getting progressively more intelligent and more informed as a whole over the past century.

Based on what?

There is TV and there is opinion.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2063000 - 11/01/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well, the average IQ has most certainly been climbing steadily. Acceptance of other races and cultures has become the norm, if you give me a few days I could probably find a handful of studies to back this up.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2063004 - 11/01/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
There is TV and there is opinion.

It would have been cooler if you said opium...  :frown:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Tell-a-vision Programming! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2063007 - 11/01/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hehe, yeah.

I wasn't really sure what the heck he meant by that. I don't see how TV and opinions are at odds.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #2063023 - 11/01/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Television is a mental interface currently used to bend the viewer to a fictional world designed by the brainwashers. Why do they put laughter in sitcoms? Because laughter implies agreement. They tell you when to laugh, and when to cry, therefore they are giving you your opinion. (That's just my opinion, and I didn't see it on TV.)(heh)

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Offlinestart25
    #2063026 - 11/01/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"That's bullshit. Sure less is left to the imagination when television or film is the medium, but this doesn't mean that important information cannot be tranferred, or that the viewer cannot think critically of it."

Are you kidding? I mean really... You're telling me that when you watch Great Expectations you are imagining the scenes, the images, the deliverance of the dialogue almost as much as when you read it. You sit there like a zombie, you're mind doesn't have to figure out or decipher anything, you're given everything, that's why it's an escape- Your mind is not at work and is not exercised.

We're not talking about transferring information, I guess you didn't read my entire post because I specifically said that television could be used for good.

"Human beings are violent and sexual. Do you think that the sex and violence are put on TV because it's some kind of massive mind control conspiracy, or is it maybe because deep down it appeals to everyone?"

Yes, in fact I do think it's being used to "dumb as down" and bring out our animal aggressions and appetites, and it starts from childhood when most parents want to occupy their children.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2063048 - 11/01/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

"Human beings are violent and sexual. Do you think that the sex and violence are put on TV because it's some kind of massive mind control conspiracy, or is it maybe because deep down it appeals to everyone?"

Yes, in fact I do think it's being used to "dumb as down" and bring out our animal aggressions and appetites, and it starts from childhood when most parents want to occupy their children.

There IS a massive mind control conspiracy. My guess is that the sex and violence on TV is to help provide some extra "criminals", which will further help justify the need for law enforcement, and ultimately, the need for a government period.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2063162 - 11/01/03 04:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"You're telling me that when you watch Great Expectations you are imagining the scenes, the images, the deliverance of the dialogue almost as much as when you read it."

Dude, whose post are you reading? I never said anything even remotely like that. It's pretty easy to argue against someone when you twist their words around so they come out nonsensical.

"You sit there like a zombie, you're mind doesn't have to figure out or decipher anything, you're given everything, that's why it's an escape- Your mind is not at work and is not exercised."

You could say the same thing about a novel, the only difference being that you have to imagine what is happening in your head. You're still being fed a straight forward story, and a novel is still often considered an "escape". There are good television shows, and good movies that challenge the viewers and force them to think. There is lots of crap as well, but television is not an inferior medium to the written word, it is just different.

"Yes, in fact I do think it's being used to "dumb as down" and bring out our animal aggressions and appetites, and it starts from childhood when most parents want to occupy their children. "

Okay, you think that, but do you have any sort of data for backing that up? Studies that show children who watch more television think less critically or have stronger sexual urges? If not, you're talking out of your ass.

Violence and sexuality are a theme that has been in every bit of art and culture since the beginning of time. Believe it or not, people were fucking and fighting even before they became human beings. So what could you possibly be basing the idea that it's all televisions fault on?

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2063253 - 11/01/03 05:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Of course their is a massiv mind control consipracy, its called the media and consumerism. Why? Cause thats what keeps people employed! It keeps the system running. If people were intelligent enoug hto make decisions on their own, and had enough responsibility to take care of their own actions, they would do something about it. How many people have you met and honestly think that they care about the prorgression of the world deep down inside? Not many. People want to be told what to do, people want to be told what to feel. Its control, its mainting balance. And the reason the way it is is because of our "social evolution", these are the things that have come because of how our global population has adjusted to the changes that have come to face it. I dont know thats just how i see it, we need a controlling government because the people it controls cant control themselves.

--------------------
What?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Tell-a-vision Programming! [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2063314 - 11/01/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Of course their is a massiv mind control consipracy, its called the media and consumerism. Why? Cause thats what keeps people employed!"

That doesn't make any sense at all. It's not a massive mind control conspiracy, it's just people trying to sell crap so that they can get cooler cars and better food.

The real world is absolutely nothing like the X-Files.

You're right though, everyone is dumb.

People are not stupid because they watch television, television is stupid because it is made by people.

Most books are stupid. Most music is stupid. Most of the posts on this bulletin board are really stupid.

You're stupid, I'm stupid. We all love mindless crap, we can't get enough of it. You can either quit complaining and pretending that you're smarter than everyone because you figured out that sitcoms are dumb (Wow! What a brilliant revelation!), or you can try to change the world by making stuff that isn't dumb.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2063366 - 11/01/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

If people were intelligent enoug hto make decisions on their own, and had enough responsibility to take care of their own actions, they would do something about it.

It has nothing to do with intelligence my friend. It has to do with several factors. First, there are a lot of people who do not know they are brainwashed, this is also part of the brainwashing itself. Therefore, these people do nothing about it. Next are those who know there is brainwashing going on, but who are comfortable in their lives, and who do not believe this brainwashing is affecting them. These people also do nothing about it. Then there are those who do not like the bullshit, but feel UNABLE to do anything about it, because they feel like they are the only ones who feel as they do about it. They do nothing too. Last, there are those who try to do something about it, and their numbers are so few that they are branded as "insane" or "criminal" and locked away.

BerZerKer!!! We do not NEED a controlling government, we simply HAVE a controlling government. That we "need" a government, is what the brainfucking is ALLLLLL ABOUT!!!

Quote:

People want to be told what to do, people want to be told what to feel.

BS my man, many people want control, THEY JUST CAN'T GET IT!!! It's nothing but a power conspiracy. In the USA, the state of things are the same way that the first Americans booked over here from England to avoid. Come on 2012 whatever the fuck it is hurry up and arrive!

--------------------

Offlinestart25
    #2063564 - 11/01/03 07:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

&#8220;Dude, whose post are you reading? I never said anything even remotely like that. It's pretty easy to argue against someone when you twist their words around so they come out nonsensical.&#8221;

First of all, I did not twist anything around; you essentially said that there is not much difference between reading a book and watching television or a movie. And you have twisted my posts around now twice- first inferring that I did not mention the potential good of television, then insinuating that I blame all the problems of society on television in your last paragraph.

&#8220;You could say the same thing about a novel, the only difference being that you have to imagine what is happening in your head. You're still being fed a straight forward story, and a novel is still often considered an "escape". There are good television shows, and good movies that challenge the viewers and force them to think. There is lots of crap as well, but television is not an inferior medium to the written word, it is just different.&#8221;

It is not the same. How can you compare formulating a world in your head, and active engagement in deciphering language, to a box flashing pictures at you? I agree with you that there are some worthwhile programs and movies, and I am not being pretentious here damning television because it is not &#8220;hip.&#8221; I am simply stating that the mind is forced to grow by taking an author&#8217;s words and weaving them into their own visions. That takes work, you may not believe so, and there may not be any scientific study measuring the activity of the brain while reading a book verses watching a box flash an image at you, but from my own personal experience, I have come to believe that it undermines the ability to imagine and think. Obviously, you do not believe this.

Okay, you think that, but do you have any sort of data for backing that up? Studies that show children who watch more television think less critically or have stronger sexual urges? If not, you're talking out of your ass.

Well, honestly, I searched for some scientific studies and could not find any from sources that you would find trustworthy and completely valid. However, if you want me to post some of the sources I did find I will, but they are mostly off conspiracy/alternative web sites. Maybe someone can help me out here and knows some.

&#8220;Violence and sexuality are a theme that has been in every bit of art and culture since the beginning of time. Believe it or not, people were fucking and fighting even before they became human beings. So what could you possibly be basing the idea that it's all televisions fault on?&#8221;

It has already been proven that children/people in general exposed to violence in the media has harmful effects- reduced sensitivity, more likely to act aggressive, and more problems coping with anger or emotions. It&#8217;s also already been proven that pornography and images of women being demeaned significantly changes the perspective of men toward women- their objectification leads men to crave more sex, and also leads them to believe that this is what women &#8220;really want.&#8221;

I am not saying censor the media, and I am not saying that watching a little sex and violence on television, with proper guidance in your childhood, is going to trigger the breakdown of the country. I think there comes a point when you must ask yourself why television is polluted with so much crap. Not just sex and violence, but a hollow media failing to report anything remotely incriminating towards the &#8220;superstructure.&#8221; I think it is because the heads of media want us stupid so we can mold to an overbearing state. There are countless books out citing the false fear the media likes to stir up in the masses, so after considering all this, is it so far fetched that media, especially television programming, may be designed to keep us diverted and dim. Really, just uses a little common sense here, won&#8217;t you even concede that this is a possibility?

&#8220;Believe it or not, people were fucking and fighting even before they became human beings&#8221;

That is true, like I said before, I never blamed television for all the problems in society, but maybe it is time for us to grow out of these cycles, and pandering sex and violence to youth (which unfortunately is happening) is not the way to start changing. Maybe I just feel this way because I am a wuss and I do not get offers for sex, but maybe not.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2064079 - 11/02/03 12:16 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

That doesn't make any sense at all. It's not a massive mind control conspiracy, it's just people trying to sell crap so that they can get cooler cars and better food. 

lol i know! i was kidding :smile: .

I agree and thats what i said. people make television and its contents are absurd cause the ideas people put into it are for the most part rrather absurd.

--------------------
What?

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2064084 - 11/02/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Conspiracy!! Conspiracy!! :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder