Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedave52
permenant effects of mushrooms
    #2062863 - 11/01/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

are there any permenant effects, other than the brain placticity thing?
has there even been a scientific study? (ill volunteer)
in that they are toxic, what part of your tissue do they kill?
how quickly are the toxins removed and how quickly does tissue regrow?

these might be in-depth questions but id appriciate if anyone even knew sources of info about these (other than erowid). specualtion and expirences are cool too, or any long term effects anyone might have noticed...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: permenant effects of mushrooms [Re: dave52]
    #2062872 - 11/01/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

they don't kill any part of any tissue

--------------------

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: permenant effects of mushrooms [Re: Noviseer]
    #2062890 - 11/01/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

As from what I have read so far the only thing that changes is your aspect of the world and how you feel. I have read sites that say mushrooms give flash backs but I have only heard that happining from LSD.

OfflineGroont
Lurky
Re: permenant effects of mushrooms [Re: Osker246]
    #2062904 - 11/01/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

well right now the day after my trip for the first time i truly beleave i am a new person. I feel that the world is so complex and that simplicity is the key to realizing the truth. And that as a person you want to grow more about yourself and learn the peaceful ways of life. I sure hope my current state of mind is permenant.

--------------------
Grow Drugs...

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: permenant effects of mushrooms [Re: Groont]
    #2062982 - 11/01/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I know what you mean Groont. Before my first mushroom trip I was the type of person that never went outside my group of friends and never talked to others. After that day, I felt I had learned alot about my self and meeting new people has never been so easier for me.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: permenant effects of mushrooms [Re: Groont]
    #2063200 - 11/01/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You just need to keep reminder yourself of these realizations, and not get dragged down in the drudgery that is life; stress, fears, obligations.

Most people feel they need a *reminder* every so often....for some, this is a couple times a year, and for others this is once a week or maybe even more.

ive been tripping alot, and everything has really affirmed itself in my mind, but i know i wont be so enthusiastic if i stopped tripping for 6 months...I do need to start spreading it out though.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinelittlejohn747
addict

Re: permenant effects of mushrooms [Re: PDU]
    #2063854 - 11/01/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i remember a post that a member put up on this same subject. and i forgot how said it but he said it best just by saying " i feel that it has made the world a little brighter, permently".this isn't a excate quote but i remeber so many times i would be outside and looking out at the world and it just seemed so bright and great.

Offlinestudent
Stranger

Re: permenant effects of mushrooms [Re: littlejohn747]
    #2064139 - 11/02/03 01:06 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Dave52-
I have no idea of any studies, but mushrooms are relatively harmless if you know what you are taking and your individual limits. When taken properly they are a powerful tool which has long lasting effects on the user. The knowledge that is realized while on mushrooms is something that should be carried for the rest of your life.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: permenant effects of mushrooms [Re: dave52]
    #2064217 - 11/02/03 02:18 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

this is a complex issue, but having tripped a few hundred times on various chemicals (mainly shrooms) over a period of a few years, i can give some input based on my personal experience ...

shrooms have definitely 'rewired' my brain mentally, because of how much i have gone through on so many trips ... it isn't like i'm "fried", i just have such a different perspective on everything that it's almost amazing to me how different i would have been today had i never tripped

not necessarily better or worse, just completely different ... every aspect of my life, including my career as an illustrator ...

as for 'flashbacks', flashbacks can happen from anything ... if you get hit by a car, for example, something in the future that reminds you of the incident can trigger a 'relapse' of feeling to an extent ... this applies to any traumatic experience ... so yes, in theory you can have them, but i wouldn't worry unless you don't treat shrooms and other mind-altering chemicals with care and respect

trust me, i've done shrooms recklessly, and rather than waking up the next morning feeling nothing but shitty after abusing non-mind-altering drugs, turns out to be new perspectives on things that you really never wanted to experience

you'll never understand what i'm saying until the day you go there on shrooms ... and almost everybody does, out of curiosity/stupidity/needing to impress people with macho doses/whatever

in my case, i realize i abused them at a point and i am still paying for it ... i haven't tripped on shrooms in longer than i can remember, because of the fear they put into me, and each day is spent trying to 'fix' some unwanted perspectives and concepts that i experience day to day ... however, i have done a good job, as i am almost ready to trip again fairly soon and remember what's so amazing about tripping (and life)

in one short sentence: shrooms are like my best friend and my worst enemy, and they will always treat me as i treat them

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: permenant effects of mushrooms [Re: HB]
    #2064321 - 11/02/03 03:55 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

My friend. Mushrooms are a very valueable substance. If used correctly. Mushrooms will change your life for the better. THe change isnt darastic. But you will see the world from its true perspective. Shrooms show you the truth. That is all i can say. Its up to you to decide when you are ready. Alot of people arent and will never be ready.

Shrooms are not ment to be used as a recreational drug. ITs not a party drug. Its a drug that can be entertaining. But is also very enlighting.

Nothing is ever the same after a shroom trip. I cant say anything about LSD, because it is scarce in my area.

OfflineCypher
Shroom of manyfaces

Loc: Northern Ireland
Re: permenant effects of mushrooms [Re: psikooz]
    #2064576 - 11/02/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i remember the day after my first proper trip i felt truly naturally happy. Altho i must admit that i odnt feel this after every trip. Shrooms are completely harmless physically, although overuse can lead to mental strain, depression and schitzophrenia, risk is increased if you have a family history. In short have fun but dont overdo it, i learnt this the hard way, you dont have t. Have fun but in mosderation because you can have too much of a abd thing.

--------------------
I think i took too much............

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract