Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Being christian and doing shrooms [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #1434660 - 04/06/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

<<...failed because of an unidentified chemical interfering with psilocin.>>

<<Nothing found in the literature could help us interpreting these results.>>

<< Furthermore, the blood used was drawn 36 hours after the death, thus, the results can not be applied to the living. However, this proved that psilocybin containing mushrooms were ingested. >>

You mean this totally inconclusive thing that in your complete medical ignorance you have interpreted and chosen to advise others on? Go to med school buddy! That article said a lot of things but not at all what you said.....and don't be so snotty with me either, you're the one half-cocked and sassy here - I did go get the facts and I can read them.

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Being christian and doing shrooms [Re: curenado]
    #1434726 - 04/06/03 10:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I do believe in health consciousness especially for the psychonaut, and I think the liver discussion is going off topic and probably ought to be held on another forum. I probably should have ignored it, but I too am sensitive to harmful propaganda or slanted news. While this article did give the facts, I do think it ws a little misleading in the presentation and designed to be a shroom slam more than anything. The facts did not support the slam by the end of the article. That's my personal and professional opinion.

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Anonymous

#1434816 - 04/06/03 10:48 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

you fail.

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Being christian and doing shrooms [Re: ]
    #1434923 - 04/06/03 11:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

<<you fail.>>
Aw - I did my homework!  :grin: 

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

#1449243 - 04/11/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

But you're right about one thing - the article did tell us that if you are an alcoholic it's probably not a good idea to spend a day consuming more than 50 fresh semilanceatea - yes virginina, any person that sick who no one cares about enough to try and intervene for can OD to death if they try hard enough and are sick enough to begin with....that's common sense....but in the end there's not any real medical substantiation for saying anything more than that. The syndrome the pathologist is talking about is real - I belong to a group of physicians and do thank you for the link as now perhaps someone will make a plain talk report that is less hysterically gratifying and tke another chunk out of the PDFA. Did you know that when contacted the PDFA responded "We don't care if it's true or not - this is a war."    ??? any questions? :smile:
People read the enquirer and become concerned about how we're going to help the martian babies being born in our shelters - doesn't mean there are martian babies to worry about, or that their numbers have gotten out of hand.
Please do be careful with your body though - and somebody write in and get that poor guy a Darwin Award.
(To get a Darwin, you have to have been dumb enough to take your own self out of the gene pool by a sheer act of human stupidity - viewed as natural selection, i.e. too stupid to live. They publish the stories in a book series....) :smile:

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

#1449252 - 04/11/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The May issue of TEO (International Journal of Psychoactive Mushrooms) will have an article from the St. John's research and another one about psilocybes in physical medicine if that kind o thing really interests you...... :cool:

--------------------

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1449469 - 04/11/03 11:21 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps people get different responces from God because they are to serve different purposes. Perhaps by supporting the war, some prayerful Christian will affect someone or something in a positive or appointed way. Perhaps by protesting the war, some other prayerful Christian will affect someone or something in a positive or appointed way.

Either way, all things serve one purpose, to bring about the will of God. We are pretty much all willing to admit that God would incompass both sides of the coin, good and evil, since all things stem from God. Would it then be impossible for God (that should send up a red flag) to communicate different messages to different people to serve different purposes?

jssmthrfcknchrst

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Being christian and doing shrooms [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1449518 - 04/11/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Agreed. I think it's covered under the "..weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty..." passage. :smile:
I wanted to clarify my post - I realize now I should not have abbreviated. I meant to say the Partnership for a Drug Free America (PDFA) in reference to the hysteria articles put out in the war on drugs. I'm sorry for any confusion.
It may or may not be the "days of the Lord", but I could sure see why people might wonder if it isn't.........

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

#1457263 - 04/14/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

On the topic....I was getting supplies down today and happened to see that familiar little "kaph" on the peroxide label - Kosher - even the peroxide is kosher! What more brother, could you want?  :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

#2056828 - 10/30/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If you are intrigued by a Christian Church that utilises natural medicines (psilocybes included..) check www.wildernessnazarene.com
They have a medical school too.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Being christian and doing shrooms [Re: tastyshroom]
    #2062793 - 11/01/03 01:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You don't need to justify mushrooms with the bible, man. There's no evidence that manna was psilocybe fungi. My family is catholic. I was strongly religious, on and off my whole life. I finally rejected it completely this year. Religion, christianity at least, was built by people, and was maintained by a largely corrupt English church for a very long time. We cannot know how much it has been twisted over this time; glamourized in order to be more popular. Also, the Bible was translated through SO many languages, it'd be incredible if it even has any real chunk of its true original meaning. I just don't trust people, especially centuries of our ancestors who lived in very corrupt times, enough to base my code of beliefs and conduct on theirs. I've rejected religion, until I feel I should do otherwise. And if there is a god of any form, I am confident that god would be behind me 100% on my decision, and would help me to find some sort of truth about what we are actually here for, if there is a purpose at all.

I think you need to go with YOUR observations, not simply the traditional ways of religion. One of the many beautiful things about our kind is our ability to learn, and keep knowledge growing through our generations. Religion quashes this continuation of learning, by asserting that it knows everything. Just think about this. The Christian church traditionally thought the earth was the center of the universe, and that things on earth travelled in straight lines and things in heaven went in circles. OUR church, had Galileo jailed for stating the truth. Our church still asserts a lot of things today. Think about it, it's the same world, the same religion. There can be so much more that is untrue. The church puts such a guilt trip on people who abandon faith, but it is just that- a guilt trip, a technique to keep followers. I hope you consider what I've tried to say. Peace man.

--------------------
Namaste

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: Being christian and doing shrooms [Re: RedNucleus]
    #2062829 - 11/01/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think you're all fighting for nothing. Show me proof that god answers prayers, and I'll show you aliens in UFO's. Both have never been proved, yet people believe one, the other, or neither, based off their personal world-view. Show me a god who answers your questions, and I'll show you a human who's willing to accept god. Until we have some sort of 5-sensual response from the big guy upstairs, I don't feel he should be considered a reliable source of what's right and what's not.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Being christian and doing shrooms [Re: nubious]
    #2063763 - 11/01/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Read the thread and try again.

I just scanned over it, but I didn't see anyone who supported religion.

--------------------
Namaste

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Being christian and doing shrooms [Re: RedNucleus]
    #2063880 - 11/01/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I support religion.

So now you do.  I just feel no need to get involved with a thread where so many "open minded" people feel the need to bash others.

It always proves to me, just how open minded they are.

:smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies