Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Shroomism] * 2
    #23084724 - 04/05/16 12:41 AM (8 years, 13 days ago)

I told you guys it was sick. Y'all didn't believe me! :zomgwtf:

--------------------
Steam - Sufficient Dakka - http://steamcommunity.com/id/boidsandtoitles

3DS Friend Code  1994-0764-2796

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #23084732 - 04/05/16 12:47 AM (8 years, 13 days ago)

dude, i fucking love the premise of this game, but goddamn it looks like a fucking timesink. it hurts my soul that fear i won't be able to really get into this, myself.

it looks soooooooo cooooooooool, and it's such a neat and well-done concept.

*fawning over*

i still am gonna try it out, though, mayhaps. :cool:

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Cj-B] * 1
    #23084749 - 04/05/16 12:56 AM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Cj-B said:

i fucking hate you.

and your accurate title!

do you look up game stuff, like across the board, with game love, too?

i fucking had this bookmarked from awhile ago (not more than a year ago, though lol), and it amazed me, purely from an aesthetic perspective. i mean, it was all there...complex...unique...yet simple in concept. part programming game/part resources game/part city-building.

i love games like that. sadly, they are ones i am not particularly going to get into most of the time. =(

but i might end up trying this one. oh boy. i like strategy game type stuff -- but boy, do i suck at it. not learned enough...i remember Command and Conquer and Starcraft/Warcraft skirmishes, before i had internet, and that's it. flatulent, almost, if, that is, those weren't completely classic. but i digress, i am getting off topic. this is but barely a strategy game.... =p sorry for the ramble. video games are like cool. :beavis:

OfflineBrown Buffalo
paisley superstar
Male

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #23084973 - 04/05/16 05:08 AM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Lol I'm doin the caimpaign but I'm not playing much as at first because it got laggy on my oldie laptop.. Tried doing some research but didnt found much, I guess it's an hardware matter..

Tried fucking with settings but only lowest graphic setting works a little better so I just try to deal with lag and loop deaths :laugh:

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Brown Buffalo] * 1
    #23085030 - 04/05/16 06:12 AM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Thats the one thing I feared, the lag. It's almost like every game nowadays you need these extreme gamer pcs to play anything, let alone perform well.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

OfflineBrown Buffalo
paisley superstar
Male

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Chakanooga] * 1
    #23086259 - 04/05/16 02:16 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Dunno sincerely, I have a nice PC but I havent tried on it yet.

I read about some other ppl having issues with great gaming pcs too but I guess it's a small percentage and it's because of bugs

The graphic isnt nothing to be afraid of, maybe it's just an optimization issue. You also need to understand that bases get very huge working at 1 operation or more for second multiplied for thousands of devices. Add yourself and monsters and there ya go

In addiction most of the time ppl speaking of lag with good gaming configurations lists of a series of mods that are badly optimized or very heavy on the CPU or whatever

I'm a little upset because I was doin well on my campaign and then I have this mission which require strong player's fight and I'm not able to carry through: I'll see if I can get my save data on my PC and fix it with less lag :shrug:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Cj-B] * 1
    #23086592 - 04/05/16 03:45 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Cj-B said:

Psh I never said that. I'd been eyeing this game ever since it was first announced but I forgot all about it until you made this thread heh.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Shroomism] * 2
    #23114115 - 04/13/16 05:27 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

The campaign kinda sucks, but I've spent (~4x) more time playing Factorio freeplay than Fallout 4, and I got them at roughly the same time.

Edit: That's a lie. I've spent closer to 40x more time playing Factorio...

Edited by Kryptos (04/13/16 05:28 PM)

OfflineNobodyCares
Whatever and ever, amen
Male

Loc: Brilliance/Insanity
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Kryptos] * 2
    #23120158 - 04/15/16 09:26 AM (8 years, 2 days ago)

I always saw the campaign as more of a tutorial and the freeplay version as the real game.

--------------------
The story goes, or the way that I was told
There was a king that always felt too high and then he fell too low
And so he called all the wise men to the hall
And begged them for a gift to end the rises and the falls
But here’s the thing, they came back with a ring
It was simple and was plainly unbefitting of a king
Engraved in black, it had no front or back
But there were words around the band that said
Just know: This Too Shall Pass

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: NobodyCares] * 2
    #23903875 - 12/07/16 03:19 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

got into this game two days ago.

Haven't slept yet.

Fack. When I close my eyes all I see is conveyor belts. The spice must flow. Haven't been hooked so hard since the original simcity.

--------------------

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Visionary Tools] * 1
    #23904558 - 12/07/16 06:28 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I feel like the others kind of game I would like to play but know that I wouldnt. If I was 14 again with all the time in the world I'd go for it but these days I tend to choose games like hitman that one can drop in and out of. Am mulling planet coaster but know I wont have the time for that too, and never even started Xcom 2 (a great game) for the same reasons!

One thing about factorio? How is the difficulty? I heard its too easy once you know what you are doing or something is that right?

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: wolf8312] * 2
    #23905639 - 12/08/16 12:58 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I got insanely addicted to it for a couple weeks and then stopped playing it completely and have been consumed with other games. I'll probably pick it up again at some point when I get the itch.
It's an awesome game though for sure. It's not insanely difficult but it does have a little bit of a learning curve to it and learning all the functions and how to be efficient and whatnot.
It's a choose-your-own-adventure kinda game and you can nerd out hardcore on building crazy intricate machines so for that it's awesome.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #23909281 - 12/09/16 06:45 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

It eats you for the first few hours, but you get the mechanics fairly quick. Took me one (terrible) factory to figure out how to do things, and I technically "beat" the game after about 80-90 hours total spread between two factories.

Then, I decided I could do it better, since my purple circuits were slow. Then my green. Then I wasn't making mines fast enough...

Since then, I've been dropping in and out of Factorio for an hour or two at a time. At this point, I've probably sunk over 1000 hours total into this game over the last while, and I'm usually working on some kind of project factory. Maybe I'm putting together a digital readout that shows me my resource amounts, saving me a mouseover. Maybe I'm building a factory which relies on one central circulatory system of belts, where all items are carried everywhere, and buffers are placed to regulate the amounts. Maybe I'm just expanding a train depot to fit an additional three cargo trains full of ore.

Once you've got a factory up and producing the basics, its pretty much an infinite map covered in infinite resources and infinite aliens coming to eat your effectively infinite walls and infinite turrets. Do something fun with it.

It's a bit like minecraft, except the idea is to only do something by hand once or twice, and then build a robot to do it for you as long as you feed it ore. Which your miners mine, and you figure out how to transport. Takes about 140k iron plates and 110k copper plates minimum to launch the rocket, you don't wanna do that by hand.

Edited by Kryptos (12/09/16 07:10 AM)

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #23911749 - 12/09/16 10:47 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Some really great reviews here.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #23912740 - 12/10/16 10:50 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I already launched the rocket a couple times.. going from a single dude hitting with a pick to a FULLY automated factory that produces everything and directs it to the right places.. so awesome.

I created my first factory, got about 6 hours in, saw it was incredibly inefficient.. started a new one. I did that about 6 or 7 times until I was happy with my factory and went to the end game. I'm just OCD like that, I'd rather not spend the time to "fix" a big factory, sometimes easier to start from scratch. I'd find some big flaw in my system.. and decide it had to be better. That's what drove me.. just creating a more and more and more efficient factory and learning how to make it the best it can be.

Anyway game is surely like crack if you are into that sort of thing. I couldn't put it down for a few weeks when I first got it.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#23916930 - 12/11/16 04:41 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed. I've lost sleep over this game. I wake up thinking "better unload the wood and iron ore in my pockets" then remind myself, as I wake up, that I'm naked.

I'm forcing myself not to play tonight. I need my sleep. Fuck, it's SO addictive.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Visionary Tools] * 2
    #23919557 - 12/12/16 01:08 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Factorio timeline:

9pm: Eh, long day, might as well check it out for an hour or two before bed, only 20$.
9:30: Wow, this is really cool.
12am: I have to automate this one last thing really quick.
4am: Okay, so, how do I fit this belt here to get things from here to there?
6am: Oh, shit, it's my alarm
7am: Come on, lemme finish building this defensive wall before the biters attack...
8:15am: Fuck, I'm late for work.
10am: *snoring on desk*

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#23920740 - 12/12/16 07:27 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, that's been me this entire week. I don't get why I loose all sense of control on it. It's worse than any drug I've taken.

But I've finally won. Now I don't have to touch it again.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #23920759 - 12/12/16 07:36 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Then, I decided I could do it better, since my purple circuits were slow. Then my green. Then I wasn't making mines fast enough...

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Visionary Tools] * 1
    #23920823 - 12/12/16 07:52 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
But I've finally won. Now I don't have to touch it again.

Have you checked out the mods yet??  :devil:

--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom