Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: The Phleg] * 1
    #23923824 - 12/13/16 06:54 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The Phleg said:
Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
But I've finally won. Now I don't have to touch it again.

Have you checked out the mods yet??  :devil:

Fack, you mean you can smoke factorio now? :gethigh:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Visionary Tools] * 1
    #23924904 - 12/14/16 02:53 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Factorio crack edition 2.0.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Chakanooga] * 1
    #23926842 - 12/14/16 04:51 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Chakanooga said:
Factorio crack edition 2.0.

I heard that's how they got gang wars to start in LA.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Visionary Tools] * 2
    #23926856 - 12/14/16 04:54 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Also, I touched the game again. But this time, loads, loads, loads more electronics being made, and loads more space so I can properly space out and upgrade my production lines.

I'm forcing myself not to play it tonight as I have work tomorrow morning and all I can hear in my head is the intro song. It even sounds like the creepy music they use in drug awareness films

--------------------

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Visionary Tools] * 1
    #23927311 - 12/14/16 07:00 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

You relapsed. :robawet:

--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: The Phleg] * 1
    #23933530 - 12/16/16 07:58 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Really? For me, the first withdrawal effect is usually hearing the little robot whines when the construction bots go out and repair the wall.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #23938216 - 12/18/16 02:20 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

love those little robot chirps.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#23943363 - 12/20/16 12:55 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Factorio has got me doing maths it's that bad. For example, electronic circuits.

Need 1 iron plate and 3 copper cable each.
Which means that for my 10 assemblers making the circuits, I should have 15 making copper cable. I didn't, and I was running rather inefficent. Since then, I've been looking up guides.

Oh right, got it. Makes sense.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #23943872 - 12/20/16 04:04 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Let's see...I can post a couple of my setups as ideas for future development.

Here is my standard tessellating oil and oil cracking setups:
Oil template, leaves one space between refineries:

Cracking can be modified, output pipes can be replaced by belts to make sulfur considering water is already accessible. Can be used for plastic or fuel in a pinch, or if you're trying to have a flexible production area, but the water pipes eat up an extra space:

Finally, Here is my very endgame furnace setup (as evidenced by P3/S3 cards everywhere), this is what I try to build towards, and this build style is somewhat evident in even my early furnace setups. Once you get the S3 cards going, this takes off. Haven't done production calculations yet, but 12 in a row seems to fill a blue belt ~75%. If you go S3 all around, 12-14 reliably fills a belt. I have a habit of playing very low resource, very high alien RSO maps, so I make production modules everywhere a priority. That extra 40% bonus really helps out when you just built 3000 tiles of tracks to a new iron patch, spent three stacks of shotgun shells and destroyer capsules each, and had the supply train drop off 200 lasers in addition to the 40-50 it replaces every run, all for 600-800k ore.

I've also been playing around with an idea floated on the forums by Gertibrumm, of a circulatory factory. It seems fairly inefficient for high volume production, but I really like it for high input, low output goods. Stuff like buildings, engines, that sort of thing. Everything is constantly circulated on a loop everywhere, so making a new thing is a easy as putting down a factory and hooking it up to the circuit system. It's somewhat belt-heavy, and a bit daunting to set up. Resist the urge to put ore on the belt and have smelters in odd places. It is nearly impossible to manage the required throughput without blue belts, and very well may be with blue belts.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #23946242 - 12/21/16 02:21 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I mean, it looks cool, but I can't stand his voice, I know, that's petty, but eh.

I get some people like to make things compact but I find it a nightmare to get around, I like my stuff spaced out.

Nice and spaced out, using underground pipes as the spacers between petrol, light and heavy, in the future I may have them even more spaced out, with even more oil refineries as I found 8 wasn't enough (I was shipping in oil from 3 other sites via train as well, the assemblers that were draining the oil barrels got stuck as there was too much crude in my main base) And maybe more chem plants turning light oil into solid fuel, that robots (lol, I know, how inefficient) would transport to fuel chests for the trains.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Chakanooga] * 1
    #23948925 - 12/22/16 11:49 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Chakanooga said:
Thats the one thing I feared, the lag. It's almost like every game nowadays you need these extreme gamer pcs to play anything, let alone perform well.

Right, I decided to do a test. I played it at work, turns out all my saves are uploaded to steam, so I loaded up my last base, which is pretty massive, has 3 seperate train networks, thousands of drones going about, nearly a thousand assemblers, not to mention the hundreds of smelters and other refiners to keep them happy.

It worked and it wasn't slow at all. I told the logistics drones to give me a bunch of stuff (whilst auto trashing it, so they were zooming back and fourth from me to the chests) and it just didn't slow down.

The work PC is not a nuclear powered gaming PC. I know this because I built it. It has an AMD 5350 APU in it which is now £42 but when I bought it, it was £36. And 4gb of PC3-12800 (800 MHz) crucial cheapy DDR3 ram. It does have an SSD but all that affects is load times.

This PC is amazing, it cost less than £200 and for such a cheap, low power chip (it just has a passive heatsink on it, even during summer it didn't get more than 37 degrees Celsius, human body temperature) it's so capable. More than enough for email, although I suspect in 5-10 years time facebook won't load on it anymore, and yeah, facey and other social media is important for business now, we use youtube for instructional videos. 

I did see that was from 8 months ago so it could be that there's been some good optimisation, but seriously, this game runs good on a budget processor.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #23954497 - 12/24/16 03:22 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I build production blocks with walking spaces in between. Spacing things out worked well, up till I ran into the same issue you have right now: not enough oil. It's not like I'm ever going to need to walk into the middle of my oil production when I've got it blueprinted down.

Edit: I guess I'll find a voice coach...:frown:

Edited by Kryptos (12/24/16 11:52 PM)

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
    #24070371 - 02/06/17 05:13 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I've been so curious about this game... but the addiction potential has me legit concerned :lol:

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Cj-B] * 1
    #24081117 - 02/10/17 11:27 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Very fun game.  It quickly displaced my time on other games.  Thanks for the suggestion.  It gets hard though.  Trying to automate all the oil stuff and integrate it into parts for advanced research - yikes!

OfflineOliverJames
Potion Brewer

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: DieCommie] * 1
    #24082541 - 02/11/17 03:45 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I've been eyeing this game since it launched, but have yet to pick it up because I know it will literally absorb my life. I've already spent a ridiculously large amount of time in both stardew valley and terraria. In fact I'm still playing stardew valley now because I find it very relaxing. I'm still playing Overwatch right now, I want to continue improving my skills for now, but eventually I'll pick up factorio

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Cj-B] * 1
    #27716220 - 04/01/22 08:31 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cj-B said:

Some of the people that have been playing Factorio for a long time now have disgustingly complex bases

That's a cute starter base.

Here's mine. Yet to launch a rocket but I have all the components needed (technically, we all do, but those yellow lines in the middle? That's my bus) I'm using the "base in a book" blueprint. Most of this is made by robots. Those pink dots are oil patches, organised into a neat grid by the oil patches organizer mod.

Really wish I could show my first base that did launch a rocket after 40 hours of me figuring stuff out. Whilst I can load .14 factorio I get mod conflicts that crash the game, even if I have 0 mods loaded.

--------------------

Offlinethemuv
Stranger
Re: Factorio. Infinitely better than Minecraft. Check it nerds. [Re: Cj-B]
    #27811588 - 06/09/22 01:06 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Legit sucked hours of my life away, unnoticed.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder