Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: lysergic]
    #2058981 - 10/30/03 09:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Put some more words in my mouth and so even less reading comprehension.

Good luck to you with that, as well.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: d33p]
    #2058987 - 10/30/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Wordy, eh? Ill leave my smart assed remark out because it may fall on deaf ears.

I think you read it with a biased heart.

But, that's just my opnion

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: MisterKite]
    #2058991 - 10/30/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

MisterKite, thanks.

Im a lady though... just FYI :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #2059023 - 10/30/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

However, I dont think anyone, myself included, was trying to justify the death of innocent civilians. If that is at all possible.

it's sickening, but some people here have gone to great lengths to justify the killing of innocent people.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2059132 - 10/30/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Civilians were not targeted.

So dropping high explosives on a city isn't targeting civilians?

Then what is it precisely?

Drop high explosives on a city, innocent people die. That's a given. Now if you go ahead and still drop high explosives on a city you are not "accidentally" killing anyone. You know innocents are going to die and you drop the bombs anyway.

If the washington sniper had his eyes closed when he pulled the trigger and wasn't "deliberately targeting" anyone, would you declare him innocent?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: trendal]
    #2059791 - 10/31/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
It looks like you are trying to justify the deaths of Iraqi civilians because they happened in a war zone during a month's time.

Sorry, that's just what I got from your statements. :smirk: 

Learn to read. If you then still need help let me know.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: Xlea321]
    #2059808 - 10/31/03 03:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Another analogy... surprising...

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2059881 - 10/31/03 05:00 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Saying "dropping high explosives on a targeted city" is kind of a broad statement of what is actually happening. Strategically targeting explosives on military compounds within a city would be a more precise way of describing US intentions. Unless you know something that I dont then civilains are of course not targeted. Sticking a gun to the head of a civilain and pulling the trigger, is "targeting a civilian". A soldier who fires his gun at the enemy, then the bullet goes through the soldier and "accidentally" strikes a civilian is collateral damage. Of course this example Im sure is not responsible for all civilian deaths but Im just trying to put things into perspective. If you believe that a American soldier would throw a grenade in a building that consists of civilans and Iraqi soldiers, then you are greatly misconstruing the essence of US morals and values. Whether or not this is happening, which I doubt it has, is the poor judgement of an individual rather than the overall intent of US objectives. As I said before, if US just wanted to make things easier and cheaper, disregarding ethics and humanity, then we can easily just level the city of baghdad and furthermore save the lives of US soldiers. Of course engaging in this new type of Urban warefare is United States attempt to seperate the "good" from the "bad". And until we have a smart bomb that can be dropped on a city that will only kill the bad guys, then this (for now) is the best we can do. Everybody who is ridiculing gov't decisions to ensure the safety of the world against terrorism I'm sure would start pointing fingers at our gov't again if they let a terrorist slip by and set off a nuke in a major city. (American or not)
---By the way I just wanted to share statistc I learned on the "o-Reilly factor" last night. A recent poll taken in Iraq, given to the citezens of Iraq, has shown that over 76% of the people are happy that Sadaam is out of office and thankful for US efforts. This poll was given to the people who are first handingly suffering the consequences of war. However there are still people in the US who are criticizing American efforts. Kinda pathetic I think. Like I said, I hate to see people die, but I am willing to accept the fact that unfortunately innocent people will die to ensure that millions more won't in the future.
Peace, Orizon

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2060060 - 10/31/03 08:20 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Learn to read. If you then still need help let me know.

Come on now, no need for personal attacks :smirk:

This is the internet after all, and that makes it a lot easier to misjudge someone's intent. I said I was sorry, eh.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2060640 - 10/31/03 01:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

But what if personal attacks are your only strategy?

I think a special section the shroomery should be recreated, like in days old.. called the flame pit..

People who cannot atleast base 50% of their attacks on facts, not personal crap, should be banished to the flame pit, where they can fight among themselves.

It would be so cathartic to finally be able to tell people exactly what you think about them without mincing a single word.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2060709 - 10/31/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Another analogy... surprising...

No attempt whatsoever to address the point...unsurprising..

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: orizon]
    #2060720 - 10/31/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Unless you know something that I dont then civilains are of course not targeted.

Dropping explosives on a city is going to kill innocent people. Agreed?

So if you go ahead and drop explosives on cities and kill innocent people what would you call it? It isn't an "accident" because you knew perfectly well innocents would die before you did it. So what is it?

As I said before, if US just wanted to make things easier and cheaper, disregarding ethics and humanity, then we can easily just level the city of baghdad and furthermore save the lives of US soldiers.

Nah, Hitler tried that. Doesn't tend to go down too well with world opinion.

Everybody who is ridiculing gov't decisions to ensure the safety of the world against terrorism

What had the invasion of Iraq to do with preventing terrorism? Bin Laden was in Afghanistan the last I heard.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2060816 - 10/31/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Personal attack?  :lol:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2061091 - 10/31/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Again, if saddam didn't hide his troops in schools, and Hamas didn't build bombs in Mosques, this wouldnt' happen. Sadly, they do, and we destroy them. Number of minutes of sleep lost: Zero

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
    #2061275 - 10/31/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It's interesting that this "study" to determine how many "people" were killed, didn't mention any US deaths. Mayeb they just weren't important enough to consider.

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: Zahid]
    #2061282 - 10/31/03 05:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Zahid said:
Not a very precise way of thinking. Fundamentalist Muslims use similiar logic when carrying out 'martyrdom' attacks: 'We cannot seperate the infidel who supports the Zionist Entity from the innocent people who mix with him. Our attack is against those who wage war against Allah and His Apostle.*' (quoted by a French-Palestinian man who later wrote about the experience of extremism in the occupied territories). Suicide bombers rarely intentionally target groups of old people/children/women directly - when those groups of people do die, it is the result of fanatical reasoning similiar to that of war mongers who support such primitive invasions of other countries.

Do these martyrs see bus drivers as the Zionist enemy, and the passengers as the innocents that just happen to die? Or maybe the dischoteque owners as the zionist enemies, and the children that happen to be in them are athe innocents? Or maybe it's teh marketplace owners, thats why they blow themselves up in places lik that. Can you possibly argue that the vast majority of suicide/homicidie bombings are directed at military targets, and they juts happen to kill soem innocent people?

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #2061404 - 10/31/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lysergic said:
It's interesting that this "study" to determine how many "people" were killed, didn't mention any US deaths. Mayeb they just weren't important enough to consider.

Maybe, and this is just a wild stab in the dark here...maybe it's because the study is titled The Wages of War: Iraqi Combatant and Noncombatant Fatalities in the 2003 Conflict.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: Edame]
    #2061454 - 10/31/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Heh, your stab in the dark is most likely correct :smile: My oversite.

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2061493 - 10/31/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lysergic said:
Do these martyrs see bus drivers as the Zionist enemy, and the passengers as the innocents that just happen to die? Or maybe the dischoteque owners as the zionist enemies, and the children that happen to be in them are athe innocents? Or maybe it's teh marketplace owners, thats why they blow themselves up in places lik that. Can you possibly argue that the vast majority of suicide/homicidie bombings are directed at military targets, and they juts happen to kill soem innocent people?

You obviously do not understand the first thing about the psychology of suicide bombers and what makes 'em tick. In case you were unaware, it is mandatory to serve in the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF - your contemporary Jewish army); this in particular is the foundation of militant rhetoric - every adult has in some way contributed to the military machine of the Zionist entity, and thus they are allowed to be killed (according to them). Hamas and al-Qaeda like to make reference to a fourth book Sunan Abu-Dawud narrated hadith where the Prophet Muhammad said it was permissible to fight the Meccans if they attempt to deceive the Muslim army by 'mixing' with innocents near the Sacred Mosque (The Kaaba) - In an evidently out of context interpretation, this religio centric perversion is used by terrorists to justify the death of old people, children, other Muslims, etc. But mostly, Palestinians use such desperate fighting methods because they have no other means of resisting against the murderous occupation of Israel.

--------------------

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Study Finds Up to 15,000 Killed in Iraq War [Re: Zahid]
    #2061501 - 10/31/03 06:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"murderous occupation of Israel " - Explain how the actions ofthe arab nations the DAY After Isareal was made into a nation is such

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom