Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
dirty/visusal trip or clean/mental trip?
    #2061058 - 10/31/03 05:27 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i have heard that better cid gives you more of a thought trip with fewer visuals where you are relaxed and floaty and out of touch with things, and this is supposed to be more plesant that a 'dirty' trip where, though you are more paronoid and aware of whats going on, you can see real things in a very distorted way, like buildings that are rippling and out of proportion, rather than with good stuff where you completely imagine most of the visuals like in a dream. this would make sense, because in sleep serotonin causes you to dream and triping is sort of like awake-dreaming, so a lower dosage would keep you more in touch with things.
is there any truth to this or is it user-specific? do different crystals do anything different to you?
i always kind of liked seeing the farmiliar world in a skewed way rather than seeing a different world...but i was in highschool and using it as a social drug...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: dirty/visusal trip or clean/mental trip? [Re: dave52]
    #2061068 - 10/31/03 05:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I feel that lsd is lsd. If you have lsd, it only provides the experience your mental set and setting provide... so if someone takes 500micrograms of lsd the only thing I see effecting the trip is maybe some random junk that might have been produced along with the acid.

That being said, if you have blotter, I feel the amount of "other crap" would be fairly limited due to the amount of a substance a blotter can hold... JMHO though..

Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2061083 - 10/31/03 05:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hmmm.... this is a hard one to answer... you are kind of mashing several different topics together into a single question...

I always get visuals when I trip. The visuals can range from breathing walls to flowing wood grain. I have never seen something that wasn't there appear... like a monster chasing me down, etc. Rather, the things that are there tend to shift or distort slightly. I also get a lot of patterns and geometry, etc.

Paranoia, which is the root of most bad trips, is usually caused by mind set or setting rather than the purity of the drug you are taking. If you are comfortable with your self and where you are at and what you are doing, then the trip will be good.

Another cause of bad trips is when people take a heroic dosage and cannot let go. Their ego fights to maintain control while the drug fights to take control. Acid and shrooms amplify what you are feeling emotionally. If you start to get scared, the drug will take that and run with it. If you can find peace and happiness, the drug will take that instead and run with it.

I do not like to take a heroic dosage of mushrooms for self exploration. At the larger dosages, things become too confusing for me to concentrate and meditate. A medium dosage with mushrooms works much better for me.

With acid, the opposite is true, for me. A large dosage quickly removes my sense of self and I never have the chance to fight. A low dosage of acid still messes with my sense of self, but I am able to fight it and get myself into a bad frame of mind.

We are each different.

Just another spore in the wind.

Re: dirty/visusal trip or clean/mental trip? [Re: Seuss]
    #2061152 - 10/31/03 06:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

maybe it is kind of a vague question, but sometimes im not in the mood for a self-exploration ego-dissolving kind of trip and just want to see great visuals while staying in a less-confused state of mind. weak blotter sort of does this, and i guess the reason i thought nice geltabs and liquid dont is because of the dosage level, and dosage level is the only ever difference. i could just watch the matrix to see visuals but tripping is more fun

Loc: Camden, London, England
    #2061346 - 10/31/03 07:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

lsd is lsd, the fact is lsd is the strongest drug in existance, in terms of the effective dosage, and you simply cannot FIT any other psychoactive drug into such a small space in anything near an active dose, so if you are tripping off a blotter or microdot you can be sure its pure acid because of its size. You say you sometimes want just nice visuals without the heavy ego-dissolution, i reckon this is impossible to guarantee with acis because you never know how much acid you are getting, unlike with shrooms where you can accurately gauge your intake, however i have heard that the lowest doses of acid tend to be in microdot form, whereas blotter tends to be much higher, then windowpane is the highest(although ive never been fortunate enough to obtain genuine windowpane)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience