Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewackytron
journeyman

Opps! I guess they wanted to grow
    #2060410 - 10/31/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

background. a friend innoculated a month and half ago and due to a tragic heater beating some jars almost died off. But they came back and have taken this long.

Well my friend was reading on here that you can expose them to light before they are fully colonized to speed up the growth as it takes a little while before they are ready to grow.

WELL my friend exposed them to light for the last 2 days, maybe a total of 8 hours all together and this morning he noticed 3 little ones that just popped up. The largest is maybe 3/4 of an INCH already! the other 2 are smaller. The problem: There is still about a quarter sized uncolonized area on top.

What to do? does it look like he is stuck invetro for this jar? it's probably gonna be atleast 2-3 days (if growth doesn't slow) until the top patch is colonized.

:notworthy: :eek:  :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Opps! I guess they wanted to grow [Re: wackytron]
    #2060415 - 10/31/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Just keep them growing in the jar...

InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #2060420 - 10/31/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'd keep invitro, because from what I understand once the pins start growing the mycelium is no longer concerned with colonizing as its sole purpose at this state is to produce fruitbodies.

I've read that after a couple flushes the mycelium will again start to grow again because it starts looking for more nutrients to support another flush.

So keep them invitro until the mycelium is obviously growing again then your friend could attempt a casing or cake birth or whatever the plan is.

mycomancer

Offlinewackytron
journeyman

Re: Opps! I guess they wanted to grow [Re: Mycomancer]
    #2060876 - 10/31/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

would there be a way to make a shroom condom to cover the top?

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
    #2060895 - 10/31/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Lol! A shroom condom?

I'd go with angryshroom on this one -- if you open the jar to put a condom over it, it's not going to be sterile anymore. Growing in the jar won't kill anything -- it'll just be really, really crowded in there.

I did Hippie's invitro tek one time and was literally peeling layers and layers of mushrooms off.... You can always birth it once it's colonized, though, if you want....

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Opps! I guess they wanted to grow [Re: micro]
    #2060906 - 10/31/03 02:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have a jar that went invitro on me, so I decided to just let it go. It kind of pisses me off because there are so many mushrooms growing in there that could have been growing from a birthed cake where they can get bigger. Oh well.

Hey Micro, quick Q. How long did you wait before you opened it up to harvest?

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Opps! I guess they wanted to grow [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2060914 - 10/31/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Kind of funny -- I completely forgot about the jars so they were sitting in my closet with light shining to only one part, so they only pinned from one side at first, so I gave them about a month and a half to fruit. If you actually did it right, though, I'd say it shouldn't take more than 2-3 weeks, but again, that's the only time I did it that way.

I'd just wait until it's covered in mushrooms.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Offlinetsimpikao
PermanentVacation

Re: Opps! I guess they wanted to grow [Re: micro]
    #2060973 - 10/31/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

so wackytron in my opinion the bottom of the jar is not colonizing due to lack of air put the jars upside down and hit them to drop like when you birth but with the lid closed open the lid just a little and shake the jar once more leave it a day more and birth it cutting with a sterile knife the uncolonized area the cake inside is not white so you cannot see if it's colonized or not just imagine where it is not and put it in the fruiting chamber that's wat i've done cupple of times and it always worked

Offlinewackytron
journeyman

Re: Opps! I guess they wanted to grow [Re: tsimpikao]
    #2061056 - 10/31/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

oh, my friend already did that. the jar was slow to grow because a lot of the myc died when it was accidentally over heated by an electric blanket. for some reason some spots of myc on the sides survived and have come back with a passion. we are hoping it grows over very that little spot quickly.

But damn those little guys grow fast!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck