Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
opening your mind
    #2060047 - 10/31/03 10:07 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

sometimes when i have the mushroom experiance, all i see is stuff breathing and few other kinds of visuals. i think it because i havent opened my mind enough to get the full experiance.
correct me if im wrong but i beleive that you can open your mind more so when you trip, you can see whatever you want...
to a point. i would like to no how to open my mind more to have a better experiance and see and feel different things.
is it me or is it the shrooms?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: opening your mind [Re: danlennon3]
    #2060108 - 10/31/03 11:04 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

> is it me or is it the shrooms

Both.  :smile:

Larger dosages result in more visuals, along with more confusion.

> i havent opened my mind enough to get the full experiance

I like to think of it as a relaxed mind rather than an open mind.  If you try to force visuals to happen, the often go away.  If you relax and allow things to just happen... well, they happen.  :grin:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinePeyoteZen
Russian Agent
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: opening your mind [Re: Seuss]
    #2060264 - 10/31/03 12:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

its important to go with the flow
as the doors of perception put it, find your inner river

--------------------
ISLAMIC MIGRANT CRIME WAVE COMING TO A GRANNSKAP NEAR YOU!

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: opening your mind [Re: PeyoteZen]
    #2060317 - 10/31/03 12:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

"so when you trip, you can see whatever you want..."
It is much easier to see whatever you want without drugs, by just meditating and using focus and visualizing, in a deep enough state of trance, you can see whatever you can imagine. The visuals on mushrooms are much harder to control mentally, and the patterns seem to stay pretty consistant at least for me.

IMO, mushrooms will never just make you see what you want, they will make you see what you Need to see, pleasant or not. This only applies to higher doses, as small doses arent as deep and introspective usually.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Re: opening your mind [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #2060924 - 10/31/03 04:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

im not concerend with visuals anymore. I remember when I first took LSD, all I wanted was to "see things" and the same with everyone else.

On my first trip i was told that "suddenly everything will just light up" but it never happened.  I don't seem to get visuals, and I dont seem to get these bright vivid colours.  On my heavest trip on mushrooms i had no visuals, but was as far gone to get lost in my bathroom :smile:

On one LSD trip i closed my eyes, and when i reopened them, everything was brighter, colours stood out so much...then it faded.

Am I right in saying that most people see these bright colours, in everything, during the entire trip?

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: opening your mind [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #2061040 - 10/31/03 05:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

> Am I right in saying that most people see these bright colours, in everything, during the entire trip?

I don't see bright colors, but rather a color shift. Things that are blue or green seem muted while oranges, reds, and yellows stick out more.

Now that I think about it, perhaps things are brighter as well. I usually meditate while tripping, so I am not paying attention to much except getting lost within my mind.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: opening your mind [Re: danlennon3]
    #2061490 - 10/31/03 08:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

What's the highest dose you've done?
I find that once you get past the 8th mark something happens. It feels different than a normal trip (breathing, few visuals). It feels profound in a sense, at least for me.
Setting also has so much to do with inducing crazy (in a good way) thoughts, and discoveries. Setting also really effects visuals. Try taking a walk at nite on a high dose. You'll see things, maybe to the point where you're lost and nothing appears real. I've done that. First time I ever controlled an aspect of a trip. As I was walking I saw an intensely intricate spiraling like vortex. I for some reason felt that I was controlling this visual. Then it started to bend and twirl. It lasted a for while actually.

What do you usually do on trips? Where do you spend them usually?

I can remember one trip, last July 4th. I was sitting on this shale, rocky hill. It was in this really beautiful farm around sunset. I could see the entire outline of the sun because a tree on the horizon was shading it just enough for me to be able to stare at it. As this is happening, a breeze passes over and I see nearby grass (like grass that looks like grains) wave in the wind. That was profound. I must have sat up there for 1.5 hours alone just thinking.

Find a great place and a solid dose.
You probably are already open minded enough to break through, you just need a big enough dose and the perfect setting.

Have Fun.

--------------------

OfflineShockey
#shrooms

Loc: Utah
Re: opening your mind [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2062145 - 11/01/03 03:04 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I never got visuals until my 5-7th trip. I never knew why. I just had great emotions and body feelings thoughts and just tripping without seeing anything. Of course everything seemed almost unreal kinda 2d at times.

But I did kind of want them to happen. After I stopped trying to make them happen. They came so bad I really didn't belive anything was real. I tried to pick something up and it was something completely different. This was on 3.5g. I really think visuals sometimes come with time. And yes Trees to me are the best example.

If you still cant get anything. Start peaking and close your eyes. If that doesn't work. Go into a dark closet and just sit there and wait. Darkness is not scary that's what I thought when I first heard this. But my friends tried it because they are all in it for a hallucinations. And they came out with smiles trying to tell me what they saw. Now to me. The best way to get visuals. Is just be free, seems the less I pay attention to them. The more vivid they get. When I try, They fade away. Well that's my long 2 and a half cents.

--------------------
The sun and moon will Many a time rise and set.
And there are many decisions in life.
Some are wrong Some are right.
But like the sun and moon It will always go on.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology