Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice
    #20599202 - 09/21/14 10:33 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Hello shroomers,

Lets say your goal is to keep a chamber containing 8 60qt tubs in nearly constant fruiting.  In order to maximize this chamber, you would want to have other tubs outside the chamber already colonizing, so that after the 1st or 2nd flush, you can swap in a new tub which ideally would be just pinning.  In theory this would be great, except that if you wanted your chamber to be super stealthy, needing to have 8 or so backup tubs colonizing outside the chamber would be rather UNSTEALHY. 

If you had this problem, you might find yourself wondering if you could just cut a tub at like 6-7 inches, and place a trash bag liner in this little tray.  Then you might follow for example a coir tek from Daimon and add in some spawn into this trash bag liner tub tray.  You then would probably wonder what the best way to close up the bag would be.  If this bag would need any special filter patches for GE.  You might wonder if this would be any different than colonizing in a tub with tight fitting pollyfill? 

Clearly if this could be done, then you could make up 8 or so of these trays, get them colonizing, and stash them in there own little incubator which would be alot stealthier than 8 big tubs. 

In theory, once the tubs in the FC have flushed once or twice, you could simply pull the trash bag out of those tubs, wipe them down, and add in a trash bag from your little colonizing tray with fresh sub.  This would be the same shape as the FC tub and the process could repeat.

What are your thoughts on this "trash bag tek" to colonize subs for a multi mono tub FC?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewowimflabbergasted
supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: DarkWalnut]
    #20599234 - 09/21/14 10:42 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Are you talking about colonizing in trays and fruiting them in a monotub style FC?

Or colonizing subs the same size as the mono and just swapping them out?

And if you have to be stealthy, doing 8 monos at a time isn't a good way to do it :lol:

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

InvisibleAbshroom
Cause he can

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #20599398 - 09/21/14 11:24 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wowimflabbergasted said:
Are you talking about colonizing in trays and fruiting them in a monotub style FC?

And if you have to be stealthy, doing 8 monos at a time isn't a good way to do it :lol:

I think he is talking about the second one. Sounds very nice in theory, but how do you plan to fit the trash bags with the sub exactly the measurements of the monotub? Probably doing one tub with about 4 trash bags filled with sub stacked on each other? Would sound nice, but the below ones would squashe, so this wouldn't be a good option IMO, but if you have a nice idea, let me know.:wink:

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: Abshroom]
    #20600298 - 09/22/14 09:11 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Abshroom said:
Quote:

wowimflabbergasted said:

I think he is talking about the second one. Sounds very nice in theory, but how do you plan to fit the trash bags with the sub exactly the measurements of the monotub? Probably doing one tub with about 4 trash bags filled with sub stacked on each other? Would sound nice, but the below ones would squashe, so this wouldn't be a good option IMO, but if you have a nice idea, let me know.:wink:

]]

I am talking about the second one.  The idea would be for example, to buy 16 identical tubs.  8 tubs get modded up as ohmatic style monos.  the other 8 get cut down to say 6inches or so and modded to make them stackable or something.  The idea being that you could line these little tub trays with a trash bag, set up your sub, let it colonize and consolidate and then swap the subs over to the FC monos.  What I am unsure about, is what is required during the colonization period.  As I understand its just GE, high CO2 levels, and optimally 82deg F or so.  So if you just tape up the trash bags, cut a small hole and use tyvek or something for GE, you would still colonize juts fine? 

One thing I wondered was if you made an incubator using a slightly larger tub, that could hold all 8 of the "tub trays", would having that much colonizing sub in an incubator create a heat spike?  Assume the incubator is digital and smart, so it could shut the heater off if the temps were pushing 84-86 deg.  But im curious if having that much sub in a relatively enclosed space would create too much heat?

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#20600313 - 09/22/14 09:16 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds feasible I suppose.  I would be worried about the sub breaking while transferring it.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #20600413 - 09/22/14 09:53 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wowimflabbergasted said:
Sounds feasible I suppose.  I would be worried about the sub breaking while transferring it.

Good point.  Perhaps the lids from the totes that got cut up could be cut down and used as a backboard, inside the trash bag, to support the sub from bending and breaking during transfer. 

Any thoughts on the trash bag sealing procedure? How much GE is needed at this stage?  How susceptible to contam is a sub at that stage, just after the bucket coir tek and mixing with fully colonized spawn?  Are we talking full sterile tek needed? Unfortunately this is all taking place in a carpeted room. I had planned to get a tarp or plastic sheeting, turn of all air movement, oust, wait for air to settle for an hour or so.  Lay the tarp out over the carpet.  Weigh down the edges, wipe the whole thing down with lysol/alcohol, oust again.  Wait for settling, then perform all work on this tarp.

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
    #20600545 - 09/22/14 10:32 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds disastrous

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

InvisibleAbshroom
Cause he can

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: azur]
    #20600585 - 09/22/14 10:43 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I think the idea with the cut down tubs sounds nice. Probably a little problematic with the already mentioned damaging of the sub while transfering. But definitely wouldn't use a incubator. They should be warm enough by the heat they produce while colonizing.
If u try it, please post your results. Would be very interesting for constant fruiting of tubs :smile:

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: Abshroom]
    #20600618 - 09/22/14 10:53 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Abshroom said:
I think the idea with the cut down tubs sounds nice. Probably a little problematic with the already mentioned damaging of the sub while transfering. But definitely wouldn't use a incubator. They should be warm enough by the heat they produce while colonizing.
If u try it, please post your results. Would be very interesting for constant fruiting of tubs :smile:

I will definitely update this once I get some results.  I currently have one LC jar that I think is questionable, did it with the boil tek.  So got a PC and am knocking up two more LC jars tonight.  Hopefully within a week or so I will knock up some spawn bags. 
I am thinking of doing a trial run with 4 tubs.  I will do two tubs standard, colonizing in the tub as per usual.  I will make 2 "tub trays" with my trash bag tek, and colonize those separately.  In theory they should all progress with similar progress and along a similar timeline.  This should shed some light on the validity of the tek.  I would just do 2 tubs, one of each method, but I want to try and grow out from two seperate LC jars, just in case one has contams, hopefully the other would be clean. 

I will post updates when I actually implement the tek, but I don't think there will be any results for at least a month, if i understand the timeline of these things.

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20600645 - 09/22/14 10:59 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

find a large dresser for free on craigslist, remove the innards while leaving the face intact and have your colonizing tubs hidden. All this would take is wood glue, a hammer, maybe a saw and time to get the dresser. Otherwise I would buy a marthas closet that fits the dimensions of two tubs beside each other.. you may be able to hang some clothing in the very top to disguise the tubs.

all to say cutting the tubs and making this whole new technique is an unnecessary risk. It could probably be done but maybe not the first or second time, be ready for your time and effort to go toward an unproven tek then fail completely. Or be the best tek evar. Most likely the first route, though.

Good luck, and interesting first few posts :thumbup: :happyheart:

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: filthyknees]
    #20600876 - 09/22/14 12:13 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

filthyknees said:
find a large dresser for free on craigslist, remove the innards while leaving the face intact and have your colonizing tubs hidden. All this would take is wood glue, a hammer, maybe a saw and time to get the dresser. Otherwise I would buy a marthas closet that fits the dimensions of two tubs beside each other.. you may be able to hang some clothing in the very top to disguise the tubs.

all to say cutting the tubs and making this whole new technique is an unnecessary risk. It could probably be done but maybe not the first or second time, be ready for your time and effort to go toward an unproven tek then fail completely. Or be the best tek evar. Most likely the first route, though.

Unfortunately, I rent, and I live in the master bedroom.  The landlord is fairly involved with the house and does semi frequent maintenance, painting the exterior trim, replacing blinds/curtains, etc. This is great and all but the fact is I need 100% security.  I have a "fruiting chamber" built inside of a bedframe.  You have to attatch a pulley system to the mattress frame and lift perfectly vertically to get the mattress out and expose the FC.  This gives me relative security in that my landlord would have to literally disassemble a very sturdy bedframe piece by piece in order to get at my FC.  But me, I can just attatch the pulleys onto the mattress frame, and hoist the mattress up to the ceiling.  I finished it all nicely so it just looks like a very robust very sturdy sex bed for kinky stuff. 

The issue with a cabinet or Martha etc is that it is very suspicious and if they tried to open the cabinet or the drawers they would wonder why they were glued shut etc.  I want my landlord to be able to come in my room, snoop around a bit, and detect nothing suspicious.  Now I obviously don't want me landlord coming in the room, and I have a lock on the door.  But if they do request to do something to the house and need access, I don't want it to be an emergency.  So for me, 100% stealth is required. 

I can easily stash a tote or two in my closet and label it winter clothes or something without it looking suspicious enough to open and investigate.  But if I have 8 tubs stacked up somewhere it looks a little more suspicious, imho. 

At worst I will simply colonize in the FC and reduce the throughput of the chamber, but I am looking to maximize the productivity of the space hence my search for a colonization tek. 

I do agree that this could end disastrously but every new tek has got to start somewhere right?  My thinking is that if I employ aeseptic techniques as best I can, and follow the recipes of other teks to the T, I am simply modifying the procedure and adding in a vector of contamination.  Hopefully the reward is worth that risk.

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #20600889 - 09/22/14 12:15 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I hope you get out what you put in, good luck :thumbup:

ps I do not think marthas are that suspicious, there are many that are only clear plastic at the very top.

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

Offlinebloodyice69
GrassHopper
Male

Loc: Colonizing Jars
    #20600895 - 09/22/14 12:18 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I want my landlord to be able to come in my room, snoop around a bit, and detect nothing suspicious. 

i would move... no way is a place i rent from going to be subject to the owner just going through my things or being present in my home without my supervision. regardless if they own the property or not. maintenance and upkeep is one thing. randomly walking through your house looking at your shit is another.

--------------------
Everything you need to know starting.

SpitballJedi's "The Basics."

"The Tiger Drop"

How Frank gets shit done "Link List"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My 1st Grow EVER : Panaeolus Cyanescens Hawaiian.
RATE MY GROW

"My Grow Logs"

TRADE LIST

OfflineAdept
In practice...
    #20600920 - 09/22/14 12:25 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DarkWalnut said:
Quote:

filthyknees said:

Unfortunately, I rent, and I live in the master bedroom.  The landlord is fairly involved with the house and does semi frequent maintenance, painting the exterior trim, replacing blinds/curtains, etc. This is great and all but the fact is I need 100% security.  I have a "fruiting chamber" built inside of a bedframe.  You have to attatch a pulley system to the mattress frame and lift perfectly vertically to get the mattress out and expose the FC.  This gives me relative security in that my landlord would have to literally disassemble a very sturdy bedframe piece by piece in order to get at my FC.  But me, I can just attatch the pulleys onto the mattress frame, and hoist the mattress up to the ceiling.  I finished it all nicely so it just looks like a very robust very sturdy sex bed for kinky stuff. 

The issue with a cabinet or Martha etc is that it is very suspicious and if they tried to open the cabinet or the drawers they would wonder why they were glued shut etc.  I want my landlord to be able to come in my room, snoop around a bit, and detect nothing suspicious.  Now I obviously don't want me landlord coming in the room, and I have a lock on the door.  But if they do request to do something to the house and need access, I don't want it to be an emergency.  So for me, 100% stealth is required. 

I can easily stash a tote or two in my closet and label it winter clothes or something without it looking suspicious enough to open and investigate.  But if I have 8 tubs stacked up somewhere it looks a little more suspicious, imho. 

At worst I will simply colonize in the FC and reduce the throughput of the chamber, but I am looking to maximize the productivity of the space hence my search for a colonization tek. 

I do agree that this could end disastrously but every new tek has got to start somewhere right?  My thinking is that if I employ aeseptic techniques as best I can, and follow the recipes of other teks to the T, I am simply modifying the procedure and adding in a vector of contamination.  Hopefully the reward is worth that risk.

You have a landlord that involved in your apartment yet he didn't ask any questions when you attached a pulley system to the ceiling?!?  Sounds weird...

--------------------

Mazu said, "From birth till death, it's just this."

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: bloodyice69]
    #20600940 - 09/22/14 12:29 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bloodyice69 said:
Quote:

I want my landlord to be able to come in my room, snoop around a bit, and detect nothing suspicious. 

i would move... no way is a place i rent from going to be subject to the owner just going through my things or being present in my home without my supervision. regardless if they own the property or not. maintenance and upkeep is one thing. randomly walking through your house looking at your shit is another.

It's not random walkthroughs at all.  The issue is that I work a full time job during the day.  So for example right now some of the blinds in the house are broken, she wants to update all the blinds in the house, and she asked that she be able to come in sometime this week and update them all.  This is a perfectly reasonable request, and if I act fishy about it, it will make her wonder why I am being sketchy about her replacing a blind.  So I want to be able to grant her REASONABLE access, and not have to worry about being right there to monitor what she does/sees.  If she is in the room without me, she SHOULDNT snoop through anything, but I can't control that if I am at work.  So the only way to undertake this hobby, and be fairly certain that I won't get in trouble, is if my room is as secure as possible regarding my hobby.  I want it 110% stealthy so that if the worst case scenario takes place, which is a landlord truly snooping around, that I won't be discovered.  From what i've read that is the single greatest risk vector for busts.  If no one knows about my hobby, no one can snitch on me.  But if a landlord sees something suspicious, then they could theoretical inform and create a valid warrant.  Game over.

Quote:

You have a landlord that involved in your apartment yet he didn't ask any questions when you attached a pulley system to the ceiling?!?  Sounds weird...

The bed has 4x4 posts floor to ceiling. The posts are connected at the top and I will use curtains etc to make it look like its just a fancy canopy bed.  There are eye bolts in these 4x4 posts to attach pulleys with carbiners.  If you look at the bed it just looks like a very sturdy bed with hard points to tie someone up.  Which is a decent cover because its not that abnormal to engage in bondage sex and stuff.  It makes a great cover to because if anyone asks, you can use that excuse and suddenly they aren't quite as interested in continuing the conversation.  I had originally designed this bed/system last year, but it turned out i was 83ft inside of a school zone, so I scrapped the plan till I moved.  But the conversation did come up, and it worked wonderfully.  "So what are those for?"  "Oh you know, you can do all sorts of things, swings, tie someone like this... wanna see?"  "Nope im good" lol.

Edited by DarkWalnut (09/22/14 12:34 PM)

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice *DELETED* [Re: DarkWalnut]
    #20600951 - 09/22/14 12:32 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinebloodyice69
GrassHopper
Male

Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: Sanguin3]
    #20600973 - 09/22/14 12:39 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

word. :whathesaid: .

but yea i get what you mean now.

edit:
Quote:

because if anyone asks, you can use that excuse and suddenly they aren't quite as interested in continuing the conversation.

yea.. but only true perverts become uneasy with sex as a convo. :aweohyou: lol

--------------------

"The Tiger Drop"

RATE MY GROW

"My Grow Logs"

TRADE LIST

Edited by bloodyice69 (09/22/14 12:41 PM)

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
    #20601106 - 09/22/14 01:14 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sanguin3 said:
All I'm gonna say is don't try to do a large-scale grow in a place that isn't yours. You get caught somehow and like you said, game over.

That is all :leaving:

I think you guys are very right about large scale going south for me.  The more I think about it, the more I think scaling back is probably the safest and most effective means possible.  The stealth chamber inside of my bed is pretty secure.  I trust that anything in that space is safe and secure and hidden.  As such I think I will halve the grow to be 4 fruiting tubs.  This leaves me half the space to store the PC, to store a dehydrator, to store any incubating spawn, and a hidden place to store the substrate.  If I can keep the 4 tubs fruiting at all times, the return should still be substantial. This will also cut down on traffic of various supplies, waste, etc by half, thus reducing my chances of being caught.  Thanks for the advice guys, 8 tubs 24/7 would have been alot to handle.  I think I will start with 2, see how my progress goes, and ramp up to 4 after.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#20601278 - 09/22/14 01:51 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

What kind of FAE are you getting under that bed??

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineAdept
In practice...
    #20601292 - 09/22/14 01:56 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wowimflabbergasted said:
What kind of FAE are you getting under that bed??

Farts...

--------------------

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
    #20601339 - 09/22/14 02:04 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well the chamber is still under construction, so any advice is greatly appreciated.  My plan was to run it as a positive pressure chamber.  Pumping in enough air to turn the chamber over at least once an hour or so.  This air would be pulled through a cheap but true hepa filter such as this http://www.amazon.com/Holmes-True-HEPA-Filter-HAPF600D-U2/dp/B000065DKE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411415881&sr=8-2&keywords=true+hepa+filter. ;

The hepa filter is just a precaution to help keep the chamber clean.  I had figured on 8 tubs, but I will go with 4.  This should leave 6+ inches between each tub.  The bottom of the mattress frame is 16.5 inches so that leaves me 4-5 inches above the tubs.

The plan was to pull fresh air into the chamber through the hepa, and then use a few low power pc fans to keep everything in the chamber circulating nicely. Probably pointing the fans down the isle between the tubs to ensure gently airflow by each polyfill hole.

I am still a bit unclear on the ideal amount of air movement around a mono, but I planed to attack the problem from the angle of what do the cubes want. For a good pinset it seems like you want to go from super high CO2 to low C02 aka lots of FAE.  This is simple enough with light polyfil and ample FAE between the large chamber of the bed and the outside room.  The issue it seems is simply balancing ample FAE in the tubs with RH.  So I had planned to run RH monitors to all tubs and monitor them remotely via my computer.  If it starts running dry I know I need to mist a bit and lower the air movement around the tubs/into and out of the larger chamber.  If it gets really bad I can simply run a humidifier in the larger chamber to ensure that evaporation is minimal. The whole chamber will be lined with 4 mill plastic.

Offlinebloodyice69
GrassHopper
Male

#20601349 - 09/22/14 02:07 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

So I had planned to run RH monitors to all tubs

you dont need monitors. you just mist when you can visibly see the cakes / sub dry. a RH monitor wont tell you when theyre dry :wink:

--------------------

"The Tiger Drop"

RATE MY GROW

"My Grow Logs"

TRADE LIST

Edited by bloodyice69 (09/22/14 02:08 PM)

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
    #20601620 - 09/22/14 03:14 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bloodyice69 said:

you dont need monitors. you just mist when you can visibly see the cakes / sub dry. a RH monitor wont tell you when theyre dry :wink:

The goal is to be as hands off as possible. In order to get in there and look at, mist, or interact with the tubs, I have to rig my mattress up to the ceiling.  The idea behind the monitors is that I can get RH graphs over time, and I can correlate this against my various fan settings for the internal mixing fans and for the intake fan. 

Are you saying that the RH of the tub could be constant, but the sub itself could become dry?  And I wouldn't see this indicated on the RH monitor?

Furthermore, is it safe to assume that if the RH in the entire chamber under the bed is at the same level as the RH inside the tub, there would be no evaporation, as the entire system is at more or less homeostasis humidity wise?

Could I further extrapolate that if I simply raise the RH in the chamber higher than the outside room, but not quite at the RH inside the tubs, that I would SLOW the rate of evaporation.  What i'm getting at is that if I try and run 99% RH in the entire chamber, I am going to get condensation, standing water, etc, and this is probably not good.  But if I can simply increase the RH of the chamber without creating excess condensation, then I can give the tubs a better chance because the FAE will be with air thats not quite as dry as the outside room, slowing evaporation from the tubs.

Offlinebloodyice69
GrassHopper
Male

#20602046 - 09/22/14 04:39 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

misting + fanning = evaporation = humidity

but no you wouldnt see your sub dryness on a rh monitor. well i suppose you would if they were DRY DRY.

i kno what your trying to accomplish, hands off, "plug-n-play" kinda thing. automated much as possible. but i dont think this is possible in this hobby. kinda have to get hands/eyes on with it.

--------------------

"The Tiger Drop"

RATE MY GROW

"My Grow Logs"

TRADE LIST

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
    #20602166 - 09/22/14 04:58 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

monotubs are plug and play!

Offlinebloodyice69
GrassHopper
Male

Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: spacechildo]
    #20602181 - 09/22/14 05:00 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

spacechildo said:

yea but you still have to look /adjust things not walk away and come back days later.

--------------------

"The Tiger Drop"

RATE MY GROW

"My Grow Logs"

TRADE LIST

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

#20602208 - 09/22/14 05:04 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

until you know how to dial them in, yes.
once you've got that down just plug the poly and play whatever you want
while you're waiting for them to mature!

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

#20602484 - 09/22/14 06:00 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bloodyice69 said:
Quote:

spacechildo said:

yea but you still have to look /adjust things not walk away and come back days later.

In the past I've built monos and put poly in from the get.  Left town for 17 days. Came home and harvested that night

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

Offlinebloodyice69
GrassHopper
Male

#20602502 - 09/22/14 06:03 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

:takingnotes:  :deal:

--------------------

"The Tiger Drop"

RATE MY GROW

"My Grow Logs"

TRADE LIST

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#20602620 - 09/22/14 06:18 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know man, I think you should wait until you can move. Prison is no joke. If there were ever people walking into my house/grow area when I wasn't home, I would freak shit. I don't care where I had it hidden, especially with 4-8 tubs.

You seem smart enough to figure it out, but sometimes you can set yourself up for unexpected stupid shit to happen :shrug:

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

#20602797 - 09/22/14 06:49 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wowimflabbergasted said:
I don't know man, I think you should wait until you can move. Prison is no joke. If there were ever people walking into my house/grow area when I wasn't home, I would freak shit. I don't care where I had it hidden, especially with 4-8 tubs.

You seem smart enough to figure it out, but sometimes you can set yourself up for unexpected stupid shit to happen :shrug:

QFT

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
    #20602850 - 09/22/14 06:57 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

azur said:
Quote:

wowimflabbergasted said:

QFT

Believe me guys, I wouldn't call it paranoia, but there is definitely a big old pit in my stomach when I go over the what ifs.  I really don't wanna fly in the face of everyones advice because it really is good advice. I have a decent paying engineering job and this is a huge risk.  But I have well over $100,000 in debt from school, and I just can't justify paying $500+ a month in interest for the next few years trying to fight my loans.

Your concerns are exactly why I need to have 110% security.  I will post some pictures of my bed and its construction soon and that might make this seem a bit more reasonable.  I need everything to essentially be inside of a vault.  Because you are all correct, prison is NO joke.

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

#20602877 - 09/22/14 07:01 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

if you have 100`000 in debt you certainly cant afford to lose your job and go to prison.
mushrooms need fresh air, they wont be getting that in a vault.

if you're feeling bad about it now it probably wont feel any better when you're tripping.

either you move out or your mushies does. mycel in grain jars can be excused/explained but tubs of cubes.. not so much.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#20602895 - 09/22/14 07:04 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Paranoia isn't a bad thing. Who knows how many times being paranoid about something has saved my ass.

I still think you shouldn't do it there, or at least not that many tubs. I love my freedom :usa:

Looking forward to those pics though... :bigblunt:

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

Offlinebloodyice69
GrassHopper
Male

#20602923 - 09/22/14 07:09 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

just because im paranoid, doesnt mean theyre not following me  :insano:

--------------------

"The Tiger Drop"

RATE MY GROW

"My Grow Logs"

TRADE LIST

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

#20602980 - 09/22/14 07:18 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Grow stones op

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
    #20603105 - 09/22/14 07:41 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well as far as I know in my state it wouldn't matter if I got caught with 1 jar, 1 tub, or 100 tubs.  I mean the likelihood of leniency is probably greater if its a small personal thing.  But to say that 1 tub is safe and 4 is magically disastrous I think is far fetched.  Keeping EIGHT monos firing all the time would certainly be alot of material and throughput which ups my risks.  But I think 4 tubs is doable.  The bonus of going to 4 tubs is that I can keep everything under the bed.  This way you wouldn't have to explain why I have a PC or hot plate or dehydrator in my room. If I am not using them and in the room, I can securely store them. 

As far as not being able to afford to lose my job, you are 100% right.  And that is why I don't plan on carry this out unless I feel confident I have a workable solution to mitigate every risk vector. So please throw any and every possible downfall at me because the more you can think of that can go wrong, the more I can plan to avoid or overcome. 

Bottom line is I refuse to give my hard earned money to corporations and banks via interest because I wanted a good education.  I have aspirations that require financial freedom and I am currently a financial slave.  This may be one big ass risk but its a risk I feel is worth it if properly executed. That said, I would LOVE to get my own place.

As promised, here are pics of the bed.  Bear in mind it is still under construction.  I need to add more trim to the side panels to give it more of an artsy look and seal up any cracks light might leak from.  I also want to reinforce the paneling a bit so that you can't just kick it in.  The back that faces the wall has yet to be built.  I need to create some baffles/plenum type structure so that I can draw air into the chamber without having an obvious intake that draws suspicion.  I plan to simply leave a 1/2inch or 1/4 inch crack between the bottom of the headboard and the top of the rear panel.  This will look like poor craftsmanship but being in the back it will seem like I am just hiding my mistake.  This is much less obvious than a large hole or something in the back panel.  I also need to figure out how to get power into the chamber without it looking suspicious.  I have a few ideas but I am leaning towards using Lithium or D batteries and running everything on 12v power so that the chamber is cordless so to speak. I also need to build some sort of hidden locking mechanism into the mattres frame/carrier so that it uses more than just friction to keep someone from opening it up without my pulleys.  I think I may go for something hidden and magnetic. 

What a landlord would see, this will get curtains etc to make it look more artsy and lame.

This is how I attach my pulleys, I get a mechanical advantage of 8 using this setup, I may reduce it to 4 since it takes so much rope to lift.

This is the bed halfway open, I didn't raise it all the way to the ceiling because there is no need, you get the point.

Better shot of the interior

Like I said I will be adding trim that will bridge the gap between the 2x10 frame and the paneling.  This will make it more secure as well as hide all light leaks and also give it more b.s. hipster artsy look so that it is justifiable as a huge bedframe

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

#20603208 - 09/22/14 08:03 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Rock on. Looks great. Do it!

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
    #20603282 - 09/22/14 08:15 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

azur said:
Rock on. Looks great. Do it!

Considering your first post in this thread was "Sounds disastrous" I am curious if you mean that sarcastically or if actually supportive lol

But I appreciate it. Ill update with pics of progress as I get her built up

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

#20603424 - 09/22/14 08:48 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

My first post was in reference to transferring sub from one tub to the next. Maybe put sub in a shallow tub with the sane lid dimensions as a standard tub. Hide em like that. Then use a standard tub upside down on the shallow tub. Like a dubtub with a more shallow bottom.

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#20603581 - 09/22/14 09:15 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Hahahaha dude that is so fucking awesome  :highfive1:

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

#20603611 - 09/22/14 09:18 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

azur said:
My first post was in reference to transferring sub from one tub to the next. Maybe put sub in a shallow tub with the sane lid dimensions as a standard tub. Hide em like that. Then use a standard tub upside down on the shallow tub. Like a dubtub with a more shallow bottom.

Or use a shallow tub for the top too. Mini dubtub. And if you could build wood around those cables to hide them, that would be ultimate tits!

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice *DELETED* [Re: azur]
    #20603777 - 09/22/14 09:47 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

OfflineAdept
In practice...
    #20604828 - 09/23/14 05:17 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

If I saw that bed with the I-bolts in those locations I would absolutely instantly think they were for lifting the mattress.  No question!

Add fans in the room and under the bed and as a landlord I would think you were growing something under the bed.

You'd be in jail by the time your tubs started fruiting.

--------------------

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: Adept]
    #20605106 - 09/23/14 07:44 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Adept said:
If I saw that bed with the I-bolts in those locations I would absolutely instantly think they were for lifting the mattress.  No question!

Add fans in the room and under the bed and as a landlord I would think you were growing something under the bed.

You know thats not a bad point.  Its easy enough to call the eyebolts hard points for sex swings and stuff if you are physically there in the room.  But for a landlord poking around, and a bed that size, it looks kinda fishy.  I think ill remove those eye bolts and make rope slings that go around the top rails.  That way there is nothing to see when it is all broken down.

supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#20605439 - 09/23/14 10:27 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Good idea. You want NOTHING unusual about your bed if you are going to be committing felonies under it  :shake:

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

Offlineweaksause
Stranger

#20605590 - 09/23/14 11:04 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Adept said:

Adept is the type of landlord you don't want . wat a prick !

lol - srsly tho "you'd be in jail..."

i was your landlord i'd laugh at you and ask for some shrooms
certainly wouldnt be notifying any authority

well good luck,

not sure how you think you'll pay much of your college loan back
with shrooms , lol

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice *DELETED* [Re: weaksause]
    #20605602 - 09/23/14 11:08 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

OfflineDarkWalnut
Stranger
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice *DELETED* [Re: Sanguin3]
    #20605677 - 09/23/14 11:28 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by DarkWalnut

Reason for deletion: Unaware of rules, I was stupid anyways

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #20605696 - 09/23/14 11:32 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Selling "shrooms" is illegal....

Any more talk about drug dealing and this thread gets closed.....and I hand out bans.....

OfflineAdept
In practice...
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: weaksause]
    #20609940 - 09/24/14 05:20 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

weaksause said:
Quote:

Adept said:

Adept is the type of landlord you don't want . wat a prick !

lol - srsly tho "you'd be in jail..."

i was your landlord i'd laugh at you and ask for some shrooms
certainly wouldnt be notifying any authority

well good luck,

not sure how you think you'll pay much of your college loan back
with shrooms , lol

One day when you own property you'll understand that the Feds can come seize anything and everything, including the property itself, if it's used in a crime.  The moment you suspect a crime is committed on your property and you don't inform law enforcement you lose your apartment in an asset seizure.

This applies to your parents too.  They can actually lose their home if you get caught breaking federal law.  Take a look at the civil-forfeiture cases if you don't believe me.  The Feds can actually "sue" the house you live in and without a trial evict you and take it from your landlord.

--------------------

OfflineAdept
In practice...
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: PussyFart]
    #20609942 - 09/24/14 05:26 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PussyFart said:
Selling "shrooms" is illegal....

Any more talk about drug dealing and this thread gets closed.....and I hand out bans.....

Where I live, growing "shrooms" is illegal too.  So, it may be better to point out the discussion of drug dealing violates the forum rules, so THATS why you'll be locking and banning.  Not because they're breaking the law, as I'm sure we'd all fall into that category.  :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepawnzy
That Guy

#20610082 - 09/24/14 06:36 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thats quite the ingenious set up.

Maybe lock your matress down somehow?

Offlinemotherchimp
Enthusiast

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: pawnzy]
    #20610097 - 09/24/14 06:42 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I would say dont bother with all the bolts and ropes. Just flip your mattress. A bit of effort flipping it every now and then is so much easier then hiding bolts and what not.

Or even leave a sex swing attached to the bolts a few times when you know the land lord is coming over and they will never ask questions again.

Edited by motherchimp (09/24/14 06:43 AM)

Offlinebloodyice69
GrassHopper
Male

Re: Space saving during colonization stage? Need advice [Re: motherchimp]
    #20610246 - 09/24/14 07:32 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Adept said:
One day when you own property you'll understand that the Feds can come seize anything and everything, including the property itself, if it's used in a crime.  The moment you suspect a crime is committed on your property and you don't inform law enforcement you lose your apartment in an asset seizure.

This applies to your parents too.  They can actually lose their home if you get caught breaking federal law.  Take a look at the civil-forfeiture cases if you don't believe me.  The Feds can actually "sue" the house you live in and without a trial evict you and take it from your landlord.

:whathesaid:

--------------------

"The Tiger Drop"

RATE MY GROW

"My Grow Logs"

TRADE LIST

OfflineAdept
In practice...
    #20677055 - 10/08/14 07:37 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

This is great:

--------------------

Offlinemotherchimp
Enthusiast

Loc: Australia Flag
    #20677772 - 10/08/14 10:09 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Adept said:
This is great:

Hahaha this is so good thanks for the link.

Its obviously getting so ridiculous though. Hopefully these laws dont exist in Australia :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale