Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Hygrometer, Paul Stamets, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineForevrgrounded
people with humidifier experience
    #2058126 - 10/30/03 07:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I just got one, my fruiting chamber is 22.5 cubic feet: 5 feet left to right, 3 feet front to back, and 1.5 feet up and down. Is there any way to tell how long i should run my humidifier for? Should i just turn the mist down and run it all day or turn it up and run it for 12 hrs on 12 hrs off? Something like that? Thanks.
-matt

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewalk
ignorantwhiteman

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
Re: people with humidifier experience [Re: Forevrgrounded]
    #2058339 - 10/30/03 08:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Buy a hygrometer. Use the phone to find a place that has them.(electrical shops, lab supply places...)
This is the advanced forum.

InvisibleA3eyedfish
mycophile
 User Gallery

Loc: Wut some people Call Par...
Re: people with humidifier experience [Re: walk]
    #2058403 - 10/30/03 09:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

First off your chamber is far too large, if you get a contam you are fucked, if you have a large box, the mold will infect everything in the box in a week or so, if you have several smaller boxes, you right away throw out the moldy box, all you lost is the one smaller box, not that giant box you are walking miles around.
2nd off, you have old tech reports and have not done your home work, you do not need timers, converted humidifiers, condensation collection setups requireing alot of daily maintenence. Simple words Brother, perilite & h2o2-h20 ( 50 -50 mix ), all ya need, like a $150 in ya pocket, you can send me $25 just for givin ya the low down

--------------------

OfflineForevrgrounded
Re: people with humidifier experience [Re: A3eyedfish]
    #2058733 - 10/30/03 10:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You must be right, looks like this guy is failing horribly.....
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

InvisibleA3eyedfish
mycophile
 User Gallery

Loc: Wut some people Call Par...
Re: people with humidifier experience [Re: Forevrgrounded]
    #2059938 - 10/31/03 07:48 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I had replied about your description of useing a chamber, not this other guys rack system............I knew there was a reason why i only have 28 posts in 4 years.

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: people with humidifier experience [Re: A3eyedfish]
    #2059992 - 10/31/03 09:05 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I can personally attest that a large grow chamber is not, by necessity, a risky venture. My chamber measures 6.5' tall by 6' wide by 8' deep. It also happens to be humidified by a combination of perlite bins and an ultrasonic humidifier controlled by a humidistat. As long as sterile techniques are exercised contaminants are negligible. As for 4ever's question: You will probably want to use a humidifier on a timer. Perlite bins used in combination drastically reduce the duty cycle of the humidifier and thus decrease your workload (checking/filling). Perlie requires it's own maintenance, however. There's really not a concrete formula for calculating a humidifier duty cycle considering all the variables such as climate, season, material/thickness of growroom walls, etc. etc. ad nauseum. The best thing is to do a test run. You run the humidifier/perlite setup without any mushrooms in there. Hygrometers are iffy at best, use your eyes as a better guage. The walls need to have a very light condensate on them but not be dripping and running everywhere. Standing water is a nono. What you can calculate using your growrooms dimensions is the necessary air exchange (which varies according to genus/species and stage of growth). TMC has this very information.

OfflineForevrgrounded
Re: people with humidifier experience [Re: debianlinux]
    #2060045 - 10/31/03 10:05 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ok, I can do the trial and error thing. My chamber is touble layered plastic that has air blown in between the two sheet of plastic (mimicing a greenhouse when inflated). It traps heat and humidity well....I ran the humidifer for a few hrs overnight and when i came to it this morning my chamber was nice and foggy with only a small amount of condensation on the walls so what I might do is just run it for 6 hrs then off for 18 then on again for 6 and so on. Thank you for the answer to my original question "debianlinux".
-matt

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Hygrometer, Paul Stamets, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology