Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Bush in 30 seconds contest
    #2057892 - 10/30/03 06:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Im pretty excited about this one! We've worked out a couple of spots and are still brainstorming. Goodluck to anyone who gets off their bottom and gets involved in this. If any shroomerites are talented in the audio/video realm and want to get involved, this is a high impact way to do it.

http://www.bushin30seconds.org/

Create a TV ad that tells the truth about George W. Bush.

Sick of the propaganda being beamed at you from the current administration's media mavens? Here's a new way to fight back: Enter MoveOn.org Voter Fund's political ad contest. You don't have to be formally trained in the art of filmmaking, just ready, willing and able to create an ad that tells the truth about George Bush.

All eligible submissions will be posted on this web site and rated by visitors. The top rated ads will then be voted on by our panel of esteemed judges, including Michael Moore, Donna Brazile, Jack Black, Janeane Garofalo, and Gus Van Sant. The winning ad idea will be broadcast on television during the week of Bush's 2004 State of the Union address, and the winner will receive a recording of the ad as broadcast.

To enter, just make a 30 second ad and submit it through this web site. Submissions will be accepted between November 24th and December 5th, 2003 and voting on the site will run between December 15th and December 30th, 2004.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2058000 - 10/30/03 06:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The problem comes from too few are willing or able to tell the truth about Bush. Their hate gets in the way of honesty.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2058062 - 10/30/03 07:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe someoen could make a commercial telling how Bush and Osama were best friends, and planned the entier 9/11 thing. 30 seconds should be just enough time to get the propaganda out, and leave no room for anything as ugly and nasty as "the truth"

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: lysergic]
    #2058149 - 10/30/03 07:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

two sad replies from the republican propagandists.

:frown:

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: afoaf]
    #2058160 - 10/30/03 07:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You don't think that the inital post was one made by a propagandist?

How about this for a 30 second commerical...

Opening- Scenes of Taliban executions in public soccer fields of women who werent wearing their burhkas... then scenes from the American womens fight for equal rights, then a picture of Bush,  saying that he brought human rights to more women than any other singular individual leader in world history? Think they'd like that? I'm sure they wouldn't, that doesn't push their lies :smile:

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Edited by lysergic (10/30/03 07:48 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2058169 - 10/30/03 07:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I wish I knew someone who knew the truth about Gee Duh.

For the most part, all we have for facts are official actions taken as holder of political office, and the results thereof. Even the motivations for those actions are pure speculation.

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: lysergic]
    #2058212 - 10/30/03 08:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I have a great shot:

us handing over weapons and aid to pakistan
so they can hasten their ethnic cleansing of
the armenians.

that's a nice picture.

how about some consistency?

why should we invade afghanistan and fund
pakistan?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2058236 - 10/30/03 08:08 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Geedub,proving that anyone can be president!! (as long as they are member of a rich and powerful family)

/click over to sound bites of new words he made up

or

Dubya,providing important awareness of our nation's mentally handicap!

/cut to scene of tard in wheelchair thanking Bush in heavy lisp

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by monoamine (10/30/03 08:12 PM)

OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: monoamine]
    #2058442 - 10/30/03 09:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Any 30 second video fo Bush will be propaganda. THough its in the right spirit, because it's too short of a time period to show the whole picture, maybe just some visual depictions of the economy plummeting, and Iraqi civilian bodies, or maybe some clips of him laughing at people who are going to die from the death penalty(actually happened. A woman in Texas was sentenced to death, but she was on death row for like 20 years and had completely reformed and was writing books in prison, and all she wanted to do was stay in jail, she just didn't want to die. When the press asked for G.W.'s response he first laughed then said some Hitleresque comment about no one escaping justice or something of the sort). Only if America wasn't so divided between those who read and keep up with events and those who don't(mostly the South), then this wouldn't even have to happen.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: MisterKite]
    #2058453 - 10/30/03 09:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

If you do something so grevious as to be sentenced to death guess what? You should die. You shouldnt even be given 20 years. She was lucky.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: d33p]
    #2058479 - 10/30/03 09:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

D33p, if you feel killing someone is bad, then why would you do it yourself? It's nothing but hypocrisy.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#2058501 - 10/30/03 09:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

When did i say i felt killing someone is bad. I feel no remorse from killing. I know that it is ethically wrong and it shouldnt be done though.

Possibly the one of the few things i like in some 3rd world countries are how they handle murderers and rapists. The family of the victim is given Aks and they unload on the criminal, pure and simple.

--------------------

bang bang

OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: d33p]
    #2058567 - 10/30/03 10:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

d33p-you are so goddamn cotnradictory. You feel that killing isn't bad, yet if someone is a murderer they should be killed as punishment. But why should they be admonished when killing isn't a bad thing? Maybe it was a crime of passion.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#2058611 - 10/30/03 10:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well you never said what she was convected of so i making a blanket statemnt on someone convicted of murder. I never said i thought murder it wrong in my terms.

What i did say is that is ethically wrong if you can understand that. Since we live in society and ethics are the basis of laws and what is right and wrong in a communty one should be punished for what they did. Also when i say i think killing someone is bad or that i dont take remose from it, i dont mean robbigna place and killing someone. I mean doing it for self preservation or in combat.

--------------------

bang bang

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2058623 - 10/30/03 10:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Only if America wasn't so divided between those who read and keep up with events and those who don't(mostly the South),

This is a myth propagated by ignorant fucks who have never been there.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2058778 - 10/30/03 11:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Quote:

Only if America wasn't so divided between those who read and keep up with events and those who don't(mostly the South),

This is a myth propagated by ignorant fucks who have never been there.

Indeed. For example, there are as many "ignorant fucks" in New Jersey, Colorado and California as there are in the South. Ignorance knows no boundries.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2058878 - 10/30/03 11:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I live in the South... after coming here from Cali.. wow, it's amazing. I grew up here and never really picked up on it. But looking at it now, if it's not on TV.. it ain't a worthy event.

But I bet they'll lap up the Jessica Lynch movie that is coming out.

In all fairness though, there is ignorance everywhere. In Cali, working in corporate america, none of my friends read. They blamed it on the 80 hour work weeks they had to pull. They said the world was bad, why the hell did they have to know about every little shitty thing in it.

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2058909 - 10/30/03 11:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Heh.  I think it has to not be that damning.  Something that can be shown on TV :smile:

Im thinking of a couple of options.  But I'd need alot of babies that I doubt Ill be able to find em.  So I may present this one as a concept.

I'd love to dress up the babes in suits and dresses with little cell phones and briefcases, all sitting at cubicles while shakled to the desks.  Have a voice talking about how this administration is puting our children and grandchildren into debt that is unprecidented.  Then have it fade out to a faux mastercard that says BushCo and runs some text below it..

Killing 15000 Iraqis
Raising our deficit to (insert whatever ridiculous amount)
Reverting the future generations back to slavery.
Priceless.  And then show a picture of the cutest little girl I can find with a single tear rolling down her face.

I've also have a pretty kick ass Soldier/ Cutting Veterans benefits/ AWOL Chicken Hawk Bush idea.  But Ill keep it to myself fer now.

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2058919 - 10/30/03 11:38 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I thought about it. But i didnt know what kinds of footage i could use, i dont really know how easy its going to be to call up the recording industry people for the certain song who own the copyrights "yes... can i possibly talk to someone who might let me know if i can use this song?" i dont know. those are my only real concerns... the other being getting a video camera... and getting off my ass  :thumbup: .  Besides that.... you wonder how much information you really know to make such an assertion, and whether or not your contribution is just to help out another asshole who is going to take office. If the message is going to be delivered, it needs to be a universal one. If people keep dividing the country, bush is not going to be the worst thing people have to deal with. I dont know though really, im still pondering the whole issue

--------------------
What?

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Bush in 30 seconds contest [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2059017 - 10/31/03 12:13 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

See, the thing is..

You cant advocate anyone for office.. to take his place.

And you cant tell anyone not to vote for Bush.  This isnt a party commercial.

The message needs to be focused on policy or decisions or what not.  Not endorsements for others.

As for music, that is a hard one.  But if you did get interested and wanted to use video.. there is a Fair Use act.. you can use, let's say, a clip off CNN of the president- select, for purposes of parody or satire.  You should do a google search on Fair Use.  You could also use music in the public domain.  So, if you wanted to use really old music, maybe work in like, old revolutionary war hymns.. or stuff from prior to, I think 1920.. you could do that :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion