Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNathHoop
Stranger
Male User Gallery

First trip (Psilocybin) * 1
    #20548743 - 09/10/14 03:38 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

First Trip: Psilocybin Semilanceata, Dose- 1.1g dried, Date:8/9/2014.

I decided I had enough free time and was ready for the experience so ate the mushrooms after going to the gym and having a shower, they all got stuck in my teeth so i spent about half an hour picking them out and drinking water, then i just sat on my sofa watched the clock and waited. I went on various social media sites on the internet for half an hour to pass the time.

After about 50 minutes i went to the toilet and felt a little bit "drunk with colours" as i texted to a friend at the time, i really wasnt sure if i had taken enough or if they would affect me but i just waited some more. As i was sat in my room i took a photo of my pupils and noticed how dilated they were and as i focused on the white ceiling i noticed there was one single line of purple/yellow/green and other colours which was flowing around my room, it was overlapped so as it looked like contour lines on an ordanance survey map and the patterns the contour lines made were constantly changing. The strangest thing for me at this point was that though i had been open to what people have said about their experiences i didnt understand the words they said until now, reality was not "distorted by some drug" everything was still there as it was but it was like the filtration of my ego was lifted and i was now perceiving what is always really there. This was as intense as it stayed for a while, i text my friend again who was experienced who told me to go outside and increase the stimulus as nature is the cure so i did.

I went downstairs and took my dog for a walk, i had to remind myself I wasnt drunk i was still in complete coherency and control of my actions and thoughts as it was alien having this altered perception and i could only relate it to alcohol/weed drunk.

When i took my dog for a walk outside (night) the colours were beautiful, I saw everything in incredible intricacy, the moon was in perfect clarity and the sky a purple hue i had never seen before, my dog had a bright aura about it and looked really fluffy. the weirdest thing for me to overcome was that this was not altered reality this was reality and what i am experienceing now is altered, that was more real than anything. when my dog took a poo i found it difficult to complete the task of putting it in the bin and picking it up difficult because i was so engrossed with all the geometry in nature and perfect patterns and beauty, i had the thought "its like you remember your childhood where everything is novel and nice but with even more knowledge and even better" - i know its ambiguous but thats how i felt.

When i came home i text my friend again to say thankyou for the advice it had really worked i said i must sound mad saying "all this shit right now" and he said i sounded completely sane, to enjoy the subtle nuances of tripping and to remember that we had the receptors for these drugs for a reason. I thought to myself "nuances is the perfect word for it" and i cant in my current mindset understand what that means any more. I also thought on "we have these receptors for a reason" which gt me thinking about intelligent design and aliens and all kinds of crazy things. (i had been listneing to dark side of the moon thus far in the trip).

The next "phase" of the trip i turned the lights off in my room, lay on my back and changed the music i was listneing to to the phutureprimitive album (kinetik) this greatly enhanced my thoughts throughout the trip as they seemed to work as one; well everything was one as i will later explain.

The first lessons i was taught included:
1) There were only answers, this was reality and where before i only had questions and blanks to everything in that state i understood everything, i could only focus on one thought at a time and hold it there but whatever i chose i understood in perfect clarity and language was all perfectly chosen and articulated. This led me to understand how limited language is as i played over the words id heard people such as terrence mckenna say in my head and how they had made sense before but now they REALLY made sense that i had all the experiences to go with definitions of words, and i understood that experience is all there is and that is the true language of understanding. I also understood how i could never articulate this to anyone who wasnt currently on the drug but i knew if you took the drug you would instantly understand.
2) As i stared into the darkness i saw complex morphing geometric patterns rotating and spinning in co-operation with the music- i really just couldnt get over that this wasnt altered reality- i had access to all my memories on other drugs like alcohol and they felt hazy and altered perceptions this was heightened perception completely real and i was in a void where i could see complex geometric patterns like the mathematical E8 and what i have later through research found out was sacred geometry- the exact same shape- one particular neon green vibration/geometric pattern was in my periphery and was like a guardian to me through this experience i am convinced that in that void (which isnt somewhere else it is all around us now we just cant perceive it as we construct reality in our mind) is god and consciousness i think the geometric patterns were god/the universe or however you word it.
3) my own consciousness and ego, I understood all i really was was a ball of conscious thought, the universe experiencing itself at a point and i was connected to everything in this void where i was a ball of consciousness, i wasnt sure how the ball of consciousness' called my mother and father had created me, i started referring to my physical form as "the body" it was just a vessel which i usually experience a reality through however my consciousness was in some other space, or maybe the same space but without filters i dont know, I saw how all my synapses fire in "the body" and how that limits what i can understand and percieve, how it filters out reality for me and how this was reality.

I thought about many other things in this space and sent messages on facebook to a few of my friends about what i was experiencing.

As my ego came back down over my perception and started to filter this out i understood what ego was, i understood this is what there was after death and this was the reality there always is around me i just cant comprehend or see it, this made me uncomfortable and scared, as the drug wore off and my ego descended (4/5 hours in) i felt very comforted because the actual reality is incomprehensible to my ego and normal understanding, this is what scares me about doing it again, i was on the edge of something there and im not sure i can handle whats deeper in the truth.

The day after i cannot understand my experience the way i could at the time, ive almost convinced myself it didnt happen that way, or that wasnt there or didnt happen and filter those experiences out of the memory so im just in my room staring at the ceiling, my ego is trying to justify it to me. i know i cant understand it right now without the drugs language and the way my synapses fire cannot convey that data but that IS reality.

--------------------
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us" - Gandalf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChronic7
Re: First trip (Psilocybin) [Re: NathHoop]
    #20551524 - 09/11/14 01:32 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Nice trip report, the trips get easier to integrate i find, a first time is obviously going to blow you away so you can't possibly see how you could be aware of the same reality in everyday life, but it is possible, read your own trip report back in a couple weeks and try and remember

Also it can be good to have a notepad or dictaphone when tripping to try and catch the insights as they come

--------------------

OfflineNathHoop
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First trip (Psilocybin) [Re: Chronic7]
    #20551746 - 09/11/14 05:11 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the advice and that is definitely a good idea for next time, i just wasnt ready. I know my ego is nw trying to justify what happened or discredit it and i cannot comprehend it, but ill give it a read in a week or so

--------------------
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us" - Gandalf

OnlineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #20565592 - 09/14/14 10:42 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Excellent trip report, lots of observations that make me smile and remember the same thoughts and feelings :mushroom2:

Quote:

The strangest thing for me at this point was that though i had been open to what people have said about their experiences i didnt understand the words they said until now

It's always slightly different to what you were expecting. It's as if the trip comes from an unexpected direction.

Quote:

the weirdest thing for me to overcome was that this was not altered reality this was reality

I felt something similar on my very first trip - "it felt more significant to me than just a visual trick caused by a drug. The slow, spiralling purple vortex visible in the road surface, like a tiny rotating galaxy, was clearly a property of the surface itself. ..I was surprised to see a hallucination attach itself so vigorously to the physical world...as if I was watching some glitch within reality"...

Quote:

i understood that experience is all there is and that is the true language of understanding. I also understood how i could never articulate this to anyone who wasnt currently on the drug but i knew if you took the drug you would instantly understand.

If I was tripping right now I would know exactly what you mean :lol:

Quote:

its like you remember your childhood where everything is novel and nice but with even more knowledge and even better

The first strong trip I experienced made me feel like an excited child on Christmas Eve, combined with a sense of wonder and euphoria.

Quote:

i am convinced that in that void (which isnt somewhere else it is all around us now we just cant perceive it as we construct reality in our mind) is god and consciousness i think the geometric patterns were god/the universe or however you word it.

Quote:

I understood all i really was was a ball of conscious thought, the universe experiencing itself at a point and i was connected to everything in this void where i was a ball of consciousness

Quote:

i understood this is what there was after death and this was the reality there always is around me i just cant comprehend or see it

Quote:

this is what scares me about doing it again, i was on the edge of something there and im not sure i can handle whats deeper in the truth.

Well, those are a few linked observations that are very deep thoughts for a first trip! What you say here is the kind of picture I was building up in my mind on my first few strong trips. If you do go deeper into the trip you will find that you are truly on 'the edge' of something and that all your observations here suddenly coalesce until you really feel some kind of profound contact with this 'god/universe' at the center of the trip...and you go over the edge. This can be quite a daunting experience, with a strong sense that you have "gone too far" but worth it when you feel that you have achieved some kind of breakthrough.

Quote:

The day after i cannot understand my experience the way i could at the time, ive almost convinced myself it didnt happen that way

This is something that I think everyone gets from their trips. It all made so much sense.....or did it?

Personally, I like to keep open both ways of thinking - the sceptical materialism alongside the mystical forms of thought that defy rationality. You can't understand human culture, or the nature of mind, without using a bit of both.

My advice would be to avoid getting too wrapped up in the literal 'truth' of your trips, otherwise you will tie yourself in knots trying to clear up all the "yes but...." thoughts. At the same time, you don't have to ditch the memory of that feeling of clear, intuitive understanding, or dismiss everything that doesn't fit into a narrow, fixed worldview. Whatever you eventually end up concluding about your trips, we can agree that it's a mind-blowingly huge rabbit hole we are entering down here

:aliceshocker:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Offlinecharliep121
Spor-adic

#20565608 - 09/14/14 10:45 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your have a great ability to describe the often indescribable.

I too find some of the most fascinating discoveries made when unveiling the everyday filters revolve around sacred geometry. Have you ever heard of pantheism? The universe/god described through mathematics {^_^}

Interesting too that you mention a wariness of delving into the greater truth. I have yet to find out what this is through my experiences always being on the edge of what seems to be the whole answer...  I hope the feeling doesn't put you off and you enjoy your next adventure :smile:

Offlineshagawa
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Flux
Re: First trip (Psilocybin) [Re: charliep121]
    #20565690 - 09/14/14 11:01 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Really enjoyed reading your report. I think you picked a good friend to touch base with, too. Very insightful here:

"When i came home i text my friend again to say thankyou for the advice it had really worked i said i must sound mad saying "all this shit right now" and he said i sounded completely sane, to enjoy the subtle nuances of tripping and to remember that we had the receptors for these drugs for a reason."

Perfect.

--------------------

OfflineJaxai
Nooblord!
Male
Re: First trip (Psilocybin) [Re: shagawa]
    #20576181 - 09/16/14 05:14 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Really well written report bud! I'm going hunting tomorrow morning for some libs and hoping to get 10/15 will more than likely stick to just 10 if I can find that many, should be the same amount in weight as you took :wink:

I'm planning on taking them tomorrow night once everyone is in bed and I'm alone in my room so I can chill out to some music and just experience the true reality as you described ^_^

I've had quite a bit of salvia in the past but was years ago and had some crazy experiences, on thing I remember was a green entity that I perceived as a massive stick figure moving through the bricks in the building over the different floors which I think May be linked to the he green geometry you mentioned!

Anyways this time tomorrow night if I get lucky on my hunt I will hopefully be in a more enlightened state of reality:laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds