Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Rolling Papers

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Food _is_ Fuel
    #2056358 - 10/30/03 06:55 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Recommendation of the Day:

The preceding 24 hrs before your experience should be a time of mindfulness not only in regard to what you're doing but also what your eating and drinking.

Try eating only natural foods for the preceding 24 hrs, especially fresh fruits and soft, baked bread from a local bakery. Drink only Spring bottled water (No soda, beer, liquor, wine, artificial drinks, etc).

Leave some extra fruit, bread, and spring water for the last few hours of the experience.

Also, try to avoid cannabis well before, during, and after your experience. The reason for this is to add clarity. This may also help in retaining and assimilating the experience. Cannabis has a way of clouding things together while giving a person detachment instead of intensity.

All of us should be drinking SEVERAL glasses of bottled water every sing day of our lives without exception. (!!!!!!!!) This will help too.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: World Spirit]
    #2056370 - 10/30/03 07:14 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Why only natural foods? What are natural foods? Why spring bottled water? My tap water is probably better(taste) than your spring bottled water... I see the point of cannabis, but the natural food part...?!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: Annom]
    #2056383 - 10/30/03 07:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Instead of eating Doritos, candy bars, frozen microwave dinners, and drinking soda, you will take in more of what your body needs (and what it is designed to take in) by staying close to fruits, vegetables, bread and water.

Zephyrhills Spring Water is the bomb. Tap water is not exactly natural water. Check out the filtration process in your city. Chlorine is added as well.

By drinking spring water you will get the freshest water you can get, unless of course you have a well that you get water from.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2056398 - 10/30/03 07:47 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

> Tap water is not exactly natural water.

My tap water comes from the cistern under my house which is filled with rain water. I don't think water gets much more natural than that...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2056404 - 10/30/03 08:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

> Instead of eating Doritos, candy bars, frozen microwave dinners, and drinking soda, you will take in more of what your body needs (and what it is designed to take in) by staying close to fruits, vegetables, bread and water.

Mmm... Why are Doritos unnatural and is bread Natural? I really don't get the point of "natural". You just mean healthy foods?

Spring water is not exactly "natural". I'm sure they filter spring bottled water.
Chlorine isn't added to my tap water, my tap water is the same as the bottled water they sell in the (dutch)supermarkets. Chloride is btw very "natural", do you know what happens if you trow some table salt on your tongue?

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #2056428 - 10/30/03 08:32 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Many of the bottled water brands are actually just municipal water put in a bottle. So as taxpayer you pay for all the expensive filtering in the municipal system. And then you pay a huge price to the bottled water company, just because they put municipal water in a bottle.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Anonymous

Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2056481 - 10/30/03 09:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think we are missing his point a little. I think he is just trying to tell us not to eat a lot of unhealthy fattening crappy foods because those foods tend to ... well nevermind...

I understand what your saying...

Good tip.

bf6
:lipsrsealed:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: Annom]
    #2056542 - 10/30/03 10:00 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
Why only natural foods? What are natural foods? Why spring bottled water? My tap water is probably better(taste) than your spring bottled water... I see the point of cannabis, but the natural food part...?! 

I wanted to ask th same things..
and about the tap water here: it is better than bottled water! :laugh:

I guess the point Enter is making that you should stay healthy :smirk:

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: stefan]
    #2056802 - 10/30/03 12:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Food is just shit waiting to happen :smile:

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: stefan]
    #2056803 - 10/30/03 12:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

How about eating nothing for the preceding 24 hours before your experience? Surely that would be more fruitful. Healthy eating should be a lifestyle, not something that one should do just before they dose. Just my $0.02.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

Anonymous

Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: TheEggman]
    #2056815 - 10/30/03 12:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

^

Indeed.

bf6
:lipsrsealed:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: TheEggman]
    #2057418 - 10/30/03 04:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheEggman said:
How about eating nothing for the preceding 24 hours before your experience? Surely that would be more fruitful. Healthy eating should be a lifestyle, not something that one should do just before they dose. Just my $0.02. 

Exactly.

Fasting is an option too but I find that you do need some fuel going into the experience with mushrooms.

As for the tap water comments, my point was to obtain the best water you can and avoid synthetic drinks. I forgot that I was writing to the world instead of the US. Here in the US, some of our cities use "CITY WATER" as tap water. It goes through a crazy filtration system, chlorine is added, and out it goes through the pipes. Some of you have well water and apparently rain water. More power to ya.  :wink:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2059384 - 10/31/03 01:59 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with you Enter, about being concious about what you consume before/during/after tripping... I like to do that most of the time anyways, but allow the odd indulgence now and again (too often as of late...)

I usually make a pretty solid attempt at eating mostly organic/natural foods and I've been drinking spring water for several years instead of the chlorinated garbage that comes through my tap.

And if tap water is better than bottled water in the Netherlands, holy shit! I'm moving there!

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2059818 - 10/31/03 05:52 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

For 24 hours before a trip I eat nothing except a bowl of rice 8 hours before I dose. That way my stomach is empty, but I have a little fuel since rice digests so fast and is full of carbs. Then  as I'm coming down I usually get very hungry. I'll eat some fruit and some hummus on whole wheat bread. I've actually had tears before from how greatful I am to be eating a natural food like hummus. Nothing like a scared meal after a sacred experiance.

A good psychedelic experiance is a cleansing experiance. By eating healthy beforehand your starting the cleansing experiance which is a +

Good thread :thumbup: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: chinacat72]
    #2059996 - 10/31/03 09:08 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

By the way rolling paper normally has chlorine in it. You cant escape chlorine ingestion that easily!

Today I've had toast with natural honey, fruit and im gonna follow chincats advice and have a bowl of rice. I'll report back tommorow how the trip goes.

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: Oook]
    #2060629 - 10/31/03 03:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If you eat a bunch of brown rice beforehand you'll poop shrooms.

jk.

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Food _is_ Fuel [Re: Oook]
    #2064312 - 11/02/03 05:49 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Oook said:
By the way rolling paper normally has chlorine in it. You cant escape chlorine ingestion that easily!

That's bullshit, chlorine is very reactive.
It might have chloride in it, which you eat heaps of anyway.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Rolling Papers

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports