Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Am?lie
    #2055432 - 10/29/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think everyone on Shroomery has seen Anno's avatar of French actress Audrey Tautou. I've always been in awe of how beautiful she is and how well her face portrays emotion. So, I saw her film, Am?lie at Target a few weeks ago and I read the cover. I've had a few years of French in high school, and I can understand a lot more than I can speak, so last weekend I rented it at Blockbuster, and I just watched it again through Kazaa (I haven't gotten around to buying it yet, but I definitely will).

This is probably in the top three best movies I have ever seen. I wound up reading the subtitles rather than try to piece together the French, and it was still wonderful. I don't know anything that has come out of America that can compare. The colors were so vibrant and emotional. The comedy was actually funny. The characters were so moving and I felt like hugging them. Tautou's character was just amazing. I don't know how to describe her, except beautiful. It is a "feel-good" movie, but it doesn't just attempt it like every other movie. It actually accomplishes it and leaves you wanting to be generous and caring for all of humanity. The past few months have been incredibly hard for me; I've lost a few close friends, I'm losing interest in everything, my grades are dropping, and I found out today that my father has untreatable lung cancer and has resigned himself to dying. This movie actually made me happy while watching it and it brought tears of joy to my eyes several times. I seriously recommend anyone to watch this movie, even if they don't understand French. Watching it twice will definitely be worth the time.

Has anybody else seen this movie? And how do you put into words how wonderful it is?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Am?lie [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #2055648 - 10/29/03 11:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I just saw this a couple weeks ago.

It is VERY REFRESHING after watching hollywood bullshit for so long :smile:

Good call - I would recommend this movie to anybody looking for something "positively different" :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Am?lie [Re: Strumpling]
    #2055658 - 10/29/03 11:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i love the movie :laugh:
i have it on DVD.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Anonymous

Re: Am?lie [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #2064611 - 11/02/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i agree with every word of what you've all said. it's a great film.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder