Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewSpore
Just Starting toSee the Light

Mycelium Cocktaill
    #2050070 - 10/28/03 09:15 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Skippy has 1 pint jars filled (Karo and water)with S Amer mycelium. If he did not want to noc up anymore qts of wbs he could drink this.

Has anyone done this or have a "proper amount" to drink from experience. Assuming the whole jar is one fluffy ball of myc Skip does not feel like flying all day..........

--------------------
Be in truth and watch the magic happen.
SBP TEK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Mycelium Cocktaill [Re: NewSpore]
    #2050102 - 10/28/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

probably way more than you have. Look into mycelium production. Do a search. There's something about working a 10 by 10 room to just grow the mycelium at a mass level. Not sure but don't think the mycelium will be good on it's own. Heard of people making teea with exhausted cakes but not much luck. Think the cakes have to fruit first.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Offlineetard
etheonogenesis

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Mycelium Cocktaill [Re: thisone]
    #2050139 - 10/28/03 10:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think it would be worth it anyway, just think of the taste man. I'd much rather eat a durian than a cake....

--------------------
.oOo. Selling your babies for my bandwidth since 1994 .oOo.

Anonymous

Re: Mycelium Cocktaill [Re: etard]
    #2050149 - 10/28/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

dig this, you can just extract everything in the myc.

http://www.nansnook.com/archives/tek/mycoalki.htm

ive been wanting to give this a try, i love everything that turns into crystals:)

~J-Slice~

OfflineNewSpore

Re: Mycelium Cocktaill [Re: etard]
    #2050153 - 10/28/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You fellas are right...... Just heard this before on one of the threads but since Skippy has been making mycelium syringes he has way too much floating in his Jars.... How long can this stay in the glass jar in the fridge before it is no longer good to noc with?

--------------------
SBP TEK

Anonymous

#2050209 - 10/28/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

im tellin you man extract  :cool:
"Each 100 grams of dried mycelium should yield about 2 grams of extracted material. This should contain at least 500 mg of psilocybin/psilocin mixed or about fifty 10 mg doses."  dig that article.
http://www.nansnook.com/archives/tek/mycoalki.htm

if youve got 2 grams dry myc, you should get one good size dose of crystal.

~J-Slice~

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Mycelium Cocktaill [Re: ]
    #2050330 - 10/28/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

it will last for a few months in the fridge. Best if used in the first month and viability will steadily degrade over time.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

OfflineNewSpore

Re: Mycelium Cocktaill [Re: ]
    #2050613 - 10/28/03 12:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

J Slice nice easy link Skip wonders,,,, if it is that easy why doesn't everyone do it? The end of nausea and stomach cramps and the nasty runs like Skip get occasionally but that is a little too much information.

No more NAUSEA!!

--------------------
SBP TEK

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
    #2050746 - 10/28/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i have only experienced nausea and stomach cramps with poorly dried mushrooms...

JSlice ur link shows an extraction using dried fungi/shrooms not mycelium.

100g of mycellium to 2 grams of extracted material... sure there is a lot of work in both processes... but im sure there are more than 2g of mushrooms produced per 100g of myc. it just takes a bit longer.

plus with all the reports ive read on mycelium and spores not containing psilocin. I sometimes question the reliability of these claims.I know that i am skeptical enough not to waste my mycelium on some chemical extraction when i know i can just grow it out and be sure that ill get something in the end.

why is everyone so eager to simplify the process? as if its not simple enough. You have been supplied with tried and true teks.in the years i have been visiting these forums someone always comes up with this idea and they are linked back to other posts or teks but no one ever does anything with it... or maybe they do and just dont post their failures.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Mycelium Cocktaill [Re: Seraph]
    #2050757 - 10/28/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

eat it tell us about it tommorow.If it works great we can all make a toast.

OfflineNewSpore

#2050873 - 10/28/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well Skip took a heaping gulp  last week and felt a little "light in the loofers" so there may be something to this......... Placebo effect could also be a posibility........

Seraph 

Quote:

....why is everyone so eager to simplify the process? as if its not simple enough. You have been supplied with tried and true teks.in the years i have been visiting these forums someone always comes up with this idea and they are linked back to other posts or teks but no one ever does anything with it... or maybe they do and just dont post their failures              Seraph   

:confused:
We all appreciate your opinion but if you could explain your additional words Skip would be interested.in hearing what they have to offer this thread?
Skip can say that most of his attempts in tweeking some of the teks have made his life easier.  He always researches what he inquires about.. But you do not know Him or anyone most likey .
Sereph, yes it is simple enough, but things can always be simplified.  If you find these types of threads do not uplift your interests Skip is sure that advanced forum might suit your needs a little better.

--------------------
SBP TEK

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

#2051081 - 10/28/03 03:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

oh by all means give it a shot, experiement, and most importantly have as much fun as u can in the process. I wouldnt want anyone to not experiment but like u said if its really that easy why isnt everyone doing it.

in my opinion, in regards to mycelium extractions, it just seems like going through more trouble than its worth and u still end up with less than if u were to just fruit whatever mycelium u plan on extracting from. maybe its great for a fast single dose -if that-

there is nothing wrong with tweaking a tek as long as u know it is one that works in the first place. A lot of teks in mushroom cultivation are just older teks that have been improved upon and added to... but my point is they all worked initially.

as i said above there have been tests done on fresh mycelium and the result conclude no active chemicals.. hence the ability to ship live mycelium in some countries - at least this is how i have understood it.

any successful tries at an extraction that i have seen have only come from spent cakes (cakes having reached at least one flush thus containing active ingredients) or from dried fruit bodies.

The link Jslice gave has a pic of an extraction from 16g dried shrooms and an extracted from 9g dried fungi. there is mention of mycelium in the text of that link, and unless there is some kind of typo it appears -to me- to be innacurate. you cant claim to have results from a mycelium extract if u did an extraction using mushrooms.

Anyways i have been lurking the shroomery since 99 i registered and began posting after my first grow in 2002. there have always been numerous posts about mycelium extractions, people are given links the conversation goes on for a bit then dies down... no one ever posts back with results so I can only conclude that it really doesnt work on fresh mycelium.

as per your experience with the karo inoculant, could have been placebo, could have been a sugar rush, but my money is on the placebo.. ur mycelium never produced mushrooms... therefore no psilocin, or psilcybin.

does anyone have any real info on the way a mushroom produces these active chemicals? maybe that will shed light on this subject a lil better than just my subjective opinion, if not till my next response ill be doing some research on that.

EDIT:
well after my breif researching i found some links dealing with mycelium extractions... i also did a search here for "mycelium extraction" and found 6 threads 1 in advanced -all with inconclusive information.

shuglin on extraction
here is a link that is somewhat related but again only refers to the use of mushroom fruit bodies.

The dea results report active chemicals only after the formation of hypal knots.

of course all of this doesnt mean its impossible. such a process would just be inefficient compared to the results of fruiting. all in all i guess thats my point.

-oh and is it just me or are jslice's post missing from this thread?

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Edited by Seraph (10/28/03 06:00 PM)

Offlinestudent
Stranger

#2051208 - 10/28/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There's no need to get down on a guy for trying to help. If you have a whole jar, why not give it a try. Or not, its up to you.

By the way, I am going to be trying that extraction technique around christmas time. Hopefully some unsucessful experiments will give me a little something for the trouble. I will be sure to post the results for all the skeptics out there who need to see someone else take the risk in trying something different.

Good luck newspore

OfflineNewSpore

#2051273 - 10/28/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Sereph,

Skippy appreciates your qualifying your time here. It gives us all a idea that you have been around and have seen and heard much. Yes J-Slice's post has dissappeared!!!
This thread was to see if anyone has had a experience with the mycelium cocktail theory. Skip has learned from this thread so it is a success already.
Thank you for your link to CCLE. At this time if time allows Skip can see a test in the direction of ethanol with friuted dry shrooms.

--------------------
SBP TEK

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

#2051321 - 10/28/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thats cool and i understand what ur saying about the learning experience.

Student: if ur reply was to me, i wasnt trying to get down on anyone.

I hope i didnt come off the wrong way... like i said i wasnt nay-saying, i was just offering my observations on the subject, even though they may have seemed a bit negative none of my comments were meant that way.

if you or someone does try this with mycelium and have definate results it would be great if a detailed post was made about it, maybe it would change that pattern i was talking about.

well anyways goodluck with whatever you do and happy shrooming.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
    #2054449 - 10/29/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Correct me if I am wrong, which I probably am, but will the extraction method used on MGS work on mycelium? Filling a fully colonized jar with naptha (lighter fluid) to break it up. Letting it soak for several days, straining out what is left of the naptha. Then soaking it in something like everclear, pour the everclear solution through a coffee filter, let the everclear evaporate and what is left is the good stuff.

--------------------
Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Re: Mycelium Cocktaill [Re: MadHatR]
    #2054549 - 10/29/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

did u read any of the posts above...

some say there are not any active chemicals in mycelium until hypal knots have formed.

others claim that extractions do work.

only way to know for sure is to try it out. but why would you want to. when yeilds are so greatly reduced compared to fruiting. Gartz states the amount of dried fruit bodies to substrate is 3g:10g meaning for every 10grams of substrate you can yeild 3g of dried mushrooms. comparing that to 2:100 a mycelium extraction seems wasteful.

extraction on MGS? do you have a link to it cuz i have no clue what you are talking about.

in any case lighter fluid doesnt seem like a good idea. I know i wouldnt consume something that had been soaked in lighter fluid.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #2054641 - 10/29/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I made some tea out of some colonized substrate that didn't have any knots. Worked damn good but felt a little queesy.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineSoulSurfer
Killer of Giants
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Mycelium Cocktaill [Re: SixCee]
    #2055136 - 10/29/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The following is quoted from a site I found a while ago on extraction. I have tried this on a jar of well colonized mycelium and it worked very well. Not as potent as the actual shrooms, but it does work.

psilocin extraction

To extract the mycelium, simply add ~500g of Cranberry Juice mixed with 1/2tsp of ascorbic acid crystals (vitamin C) to each jar of well-permeated mycelium and shake well. Add a glass marble as an agitator if you like. The acidified liquid will remove the active components, leaving behind the rye grains. Pour off the liquid and enjoy. The extracted liquid should be a milky consistency with a thick, frothy layer of mycelium. If you want to get all the material, then do a second extraction with another cup of juice.
It is probably an aquired taste, but I have found the resulting brew to be quite palatable, and have never had any nausea using this method. The onset of the trip occurs in about 20-30 minutes.

Note: the easiest way to get the ascorbic acid is to crush one or two of those chewable vitamin C tablets and stir it in well.

--------------------
:sunny: :sunny::sunny:

OfflineNewSpore

Re: Mycelium Cocktaill [Re: SoulSurfer]
    #2055298 - 10/29/03 10:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

SoulSurfer,

It is good to hear someone else tried this and there was a true onset........ I guess Skippy's gulp really did work after all.

But like it has been mentioned, the best bet would be to grow out the fruit and then extract.....You will get more bang for your buck.

This idea came from not having the time to monitor a 4 week grow. Just noc up a Karo jar and rock and roll when you are read in less then a week. The only thing is that you might not be in the mood for a level 4 and just might get one.
How would anyone be able to measure the "proper amount"?

--------------------
SBP TEK

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale