Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejohnj3407
mr sensitivity
Loc: atl
tek ?s
    #2053031 - 10/29/03 06:15 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hello all of ye faithful...please bear with me...
ok...im going to use oven bags to create my own myco bags:

1. how should i sterilize the substrate in the bag? im thinking of baking it 350 for 20 or so and adding a bit of extra water to the substrate...sound like a plan?
2. should i vacuum seal the bag? when in the tek process? and wouldnt that be compromised when i add the filtration system?

ok thanks true believers...i need help with these questions (and prolly many more to come) and ive racked my brain all night with visions of mushies dancing in my head...all help would be zenfully paid in triple...im out like trout no doubt...

--------------------
drugs contort the way we see a twisted reality...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
Re: tek ?s [Re: johnj3407]
    #2053046 - 10/29/03 06:44 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

did you read the faq? the search engine works as well, you could do a search for myco bags. I am sure this has been asked many times before

whats ur substrate?
the process of sterilization will depend on your substrate, but i dont think 350 for 20 min is right. when i pasturized i keep my substrate in the oven for 45min - 1hour at 200. keep in mind that oven sterlization can cause water content issues.

are you inoculating with spores or by another means... with spores
add your filter to the bag before u seal and sterilize, or else just like with sealed jars, air will be sucked in when u go to add the filter.

if ur doing a g2g transfer then obviously the bag should be sealed after sterlization and inoc.

hope that helped... dont forget about the faqs and search engine they are truely helpful Una has a few good posts dealing with making bags, but i dont have time to do the search for you. goodluck!

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
    #2053098 - 10/29/03 07:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

johnj3407 said:
hello all of ye faithful...please bear with me...
ok...im going to use oven bags to create my own myco bags:

1. how should i sterilize the substrate in the bag? im thinking of baking it 350 for 20 or so and adding a bit of extra water to the substrate...sound like a plan?
2. should i vacuum seal the bag? when in the tek process? and wouldnt that be compromised when i add the filtration system?

this all depends on how you are making the bag. An oven bag isn't as durable as a mycobag. Are you planning on sterilizing it in the oven, then knocking it up and letting it grow in the ovenbag?

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlinejohnj3407
mr sensitivity
Re: tek ?s [Re: lysergic]
    #2053114 - 10/29/03 07:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thanks a lot...so let me try to explain my master plan...

i plan on using the pf substrate (thus far) and sterelizing in the oven...last night i couldnt find any info on how long and what temp to do this so...then i was going to wait until colonization to decide on how to proceed.

thanks for all the help...greatly appreciated...and i guess my searches arent thorough enough to find me the info i was looking for...im off to try again...

--------------------

Offlinejohnj3407
mr sensitivity
    #2053134 - 10/29/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ok i think i found all the info i need-didnt search back far enuff... sorry to waste your time and good lookin out...
THANKS !!!!
since im skippin class-methinks its time to go rompin stompin in the woods...
peace and chicken grease at least...

--------------------

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
    #2053195 - 10/29/03 08:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

no problem, and i doubt u wasted anyones time.

take a look at the post i just made about using ziplock bags with filter patches. no oven - quick sterlization times... but no promises as this is my first, albeit so far successfull, attempt.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds