Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemoodelev8or
Lifes what youmake it
 User Gallery

Loc: Buckingham Palace
Is my grow doomed?
    #2052924 - 10/29/03 03:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Guys, some advice please.

I am growing from a growkit, I know what many think about this approach but they are available in shops and legal here. Its been 3 weeks, and still no sign of pinning or shroomies popping up. The Mycellium has covered 100% of the surface and looks wondefully healthy, but is now beginning to go light brown in some places. I have tried cold shocking (not in fridge yet) but in a cold outhouse, and still nothing.

Any ideas? should I give up and start again, or just wait for bit longer.

--------------------
I like to be one with the universe for a while, hang with the spirits and perform psychoanalysis on myself while the Floyd cast technicolour waves of sound around my dissolving ego......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Is my grow doomed? [Re: moodelev8or]
    #2053085 - 10/29/03 07:13 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

moodelev8or said:
I have tried cold shocking (not in fridge yet) but in a cold outhouse

is an outhouse a dunny =loo=shithouse=john=the office=toilet?
if so you were looking for trouble.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Is my grow doomed? [Re: ]
    #2053092 - 10/29/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Light brown is overlay. It is caused by dehydration of the mycelial surface, this is due to either high temperatures causing the water to evaporate, or not enough humidity. Get a C L E A N S T E R I L fork, scrap it up some so that the brown is replaced with nice white healthy mycelia, and fruit that bad boy. Temps around the low 70's, 90%+ rH

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlineakridine
Jedi knight
Loc: UK
Re: Is my grow doomed? [Re: lysergic]
    #2053222 - 10/29/03 09:18 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

im growing from a kit and ive got some great pins growing.
they were growing after 2 days

the problem sounds like you've left the mycelium colonize the surface! the kit is allready fully colonized and should go straight into fruiting. you deffinatly have overlay and nothing will grow. take lysergic's advice and you'll have pins in no time!!

good luck!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix