Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
One is better than five
    #2051127 - 10/28/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Venture alone with mushrooms.

If there is access to information during the experience, wouldn't it make sense that you need a quiet setting to think and ponder?

This can only be done efficiently, consistently by oneself.

Less is more.  :wink: :sun: :heart: :heartpump: :eyemouth:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: One is better than five [Re: World Spirit]
    #2051943 - 10/28/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

anyone ever trip alone? i haven't but i want to some day

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: One is better than five [Re: TODAY]
    #2052138 - 10/28/03 10:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have on numerous occasions. It's ok, but I would much rather trip with a few good friends. I like to be able to turn to a friend and share my current experience. And if things aren't going good it's nice to have a friend around to calm me down.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: One is better than five [Re: djd586]
    #2052252 - 10/28/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I've done it once and probably never will again. It was a good experience, but it kind of got boring at times. I'm very glad I tried it at least once though.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: One is better than five [Re: Harbinger]
    #2052461 - 10/28/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I used to tell everyone to shroom alone...its a must do, sometime, for everyone. But for the past year....i just havent been able to do it, Its not that i couldnt face what id have to or anything....i just think it would be an unpleasant trip. Id get too anxious...its rough not having other people as stimulus to distract you from every jitter in your trip.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinewild9
1st timer
Loc: OH
    #2052609 - 10/29/03 12:47 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i just tripped last weekend with 4 of my good friends and i had a blast because we were just chillin, talking about stuff we where seeing and how the damn curtains would not stop moving, oh it was a blast :smile: i dont know if i would want to trip alone. just in case i got freaked out over something. set and setting :smile:

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2052698 - 10/29/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

My trips now days are usually solo.
I do them McKenna style. Alone in the dark on my back, consume 4-5 grams. I don't trip often and this seems like the most productive way for me.
I don't have anybody around except my wife who comes in about 2-3 hours after I have dosed and helps me smoke or inject 50mg. of DMT. She usually stays till the DMT weres off.

Tripping with others can be a great event. When my wife doses which is like once every two years we do it together. LSD is a great drug for using in group settings. Bonds can be made that will last a lifetime.
A Grateful Dead concert with thousands of people on LSD being dissoved into one giant ball of light is a spectical unmached in all of history. Saddly those days are gone. But a group of tight friends can have a pretty magical evening dosing together. Your trip can also get wierd if there is someone around that has "weird vibes".

I recomend both kinds of trips. But for me personanly its solo trips with mushrooms and DMT. I can get alot of inner stuff worked out alone in the dark with a brain full of tryptamines in just a few hours. Over the summer I took about 1mg. of white fluff LSD at Red Rocks. Great trip and a good time being surrounded by old friends and the Dead.This was just a nostalgia trip though since I try not to do LSD anymore. I also do about 125 mg. of MDMA powder once a year. This journey I always take with my wife. :heart: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: One is better than five [Re: chinacat72]
    #2052968 - 10/29/03 04:43 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I always enjoy the vibes you get out in your posts and I mean that sincerely. I'm not so sure about the injecting part though, as far as it being necessary instead of just smoking the DMT, but to each their own.

I wasn't aware that McKenna recommended laying on one's back during the experience. It's funny timing in fact that you should tell me this. The last trip I took was five days ago. I drank a cup of tea (3.5g) and spent much of the time on my back in a state of repentence. There's something about moving with a certain fluidity while on mushrooms, but there's also something profound and timely with being very, very still and quiet.

May I ask you what the last profound revelation was that you had (if you don't mind sharing)? I realize some things are best kept to oneself so just give me a nudge if I'm prying.

:sun:

Offlinetezcatlipoca
but you can callme tez

Loc: nl, canada
    #2053007 - 10/29/03 05:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I really like tripping both alone and with a friend. At MOST I will trip with two other people that I trust and respect. That is the minimum requirements. Having open minded people to trip with is the best because you can tell them all the crazy stuff you are coming up with and they will actually listen and think about it themselves. There's nothing worse than tripping with a guy that thinks everything is stupid.

Another great thing about tripping with a close friend is the bonding feelings that you get. That love you feel for one another, an admiration almost, is a feeling I always look forward to when I trip. Just thinking about those feelings I'm finding myself smiling.

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: One is better than five [Re: tezcatlipoca]
    #2053043 - 10/29/03 06:42 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I can't remember the name of the man who made this quote: "You live alone, you die alone, you trip alone." Something like that. Although it is fun to shroom with close friends (if they are open-minded and shrooming for the right reasons), shrooming alone by far is the best. Especially in dark silence. All thoughts, hallucinations, visuals, etc. are influenced by your mind -- not your friend's minds, not the external world, YOUR MIND. As Timothy Leary said, "Your Brain Is God." Namaste.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

Anonymous

#2053045 - 10/29/03 06:44 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tezcatlipoca said:
I really like tripping both alone and with a friend. At MOST I will trip with two other people that I trust and respect. That is the minimum requirements. Having open minded people to trip with is the best because you can tell them all the crazy stuff you are coming up with and they will actually listen and think about it themselves. There's nothing worse than tripping with a guy that thinks everything is stupid.

Another great thing about tripping with a close friend is the bonding feelings that you get. That love you feel for one another, an admiration almost, is a feeling I always look forward to when I trip. Just thinking about those feelings I'm finding myself smiling. 

I agree.

I like tripping alone, but when I do trip with people I prefer it to be a small group of my closest friends. Bonding, laughing, and really just having a good time... Does it get any better?

bf6
:lipsrsealed: 

Offlineshroomey_shaman
shaman

Loc: uk
    #2053047 - 10/29/03 06:45 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I don?t think I could trip alone if I did I would have to write down my experience I love sharing whets happening in my trip to my good friends whilst their all shrooming to. Shrooming with your mates is always a laugh Evan if at some stage you happen to have a bad trip it's always better to know that there are other people having a good trip that?s helped me out before. Once I was having a bad trip and the rest of my mates were lovin it and that some how took me from a bad trip to a good one. How ever I can understand how tripping alone would be great in the sense that you could sit by your self with no worries thinking about life's diversity and meaning I think tripping by your self would be allot more spiritual. all the best shroomey shaman

--------------------
Through spectrums of purple light and smoke of necrologies eternity unwinds its self in my magic dreams

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: One is better than five [Re: shroomey_shaman]
    #2054364 - 10/29/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think tripping alone and with people both have advantages. I liked tripping alone, when your alone you just zone out and there are no distractions. But with tripping with friends, its so nice to talk to them about shit and have someone to make u laugh.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2054574 - 10/29/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'm not so sure about the injecting part though, as far as it being necessary instead of just smoking the DMT, but to each their own.

Its not necessary at all. In fact its overkill. 95% of the time I smoke it. When I do inject it I usually swear I will never do it again. Then a couple years later my ego will think its strong enough to handle it and i'll get beaten again. Silly ego's .

Quote:

I wasn't aware that McKenna recommended laying on one's back during the experience.

I heard him recomend that years back at a lecture in Boulder, CO. He said take 5 grams in silent darkness ,laying flat on your back. I usually start out my trips this way but after the peak and the DMT I turn on the lights and move around. Yoga is extremly magical during this period.

Quote:

May I ask you what the last profound revelation was that you had (if you don't mind sharing)? I realize some things are best kept to oneself so just give me a nudge if I'm prying.

My trips these days don't really give me any new revelations that I havn't had in the last 20+ years of tripping. They serve to re-center me.
You made a comment the other day about calibrateing and that seams right for me. Psychedelics don't enlighten they show you enlightenment.
When I stray off the course they help guide me back to the path. For those few hours they wipe my eyes clean and let me see the light. This helps me understand what it is about me that seperates me from the light in my daily life. Then I can make adjustments to my way of living to help me live closer to a pure life. As I get older I get frustrated with the way the world is. My last trip dealt with this. I get angery at the president and the goverment, the cops ext. My trips help remind me that we are all the lords children and I am wrong to hate anybody no matter how messed up I think they are.

Over the last 10 years my trips have taken on a christian(though I don't consider myself one) tone. They make me want to see the world the way Jesus did. To love all and not pass any judgement. To live to help and not to hate. I will never be that pure, but psychedelics make me strive to live closer to those ethics. Psychedelics help me realize that God is everywere. Inside every living thing is the energy that connects us all. Life could be so good if we all could just love and respect one another. I look at the state of the world and it saddens me. Here we are on this beautiful planet. Everything we need provided for us. Yet we fight for power and cause massive suffering. This isn't new its been going on since before the grain tower at Jerhico. Since i'm human and impure my first instinct is to get angery and cut myself off from those I see as spoilers. Then the mushrooms reminds me "forgive those that cannot see".

I don't trip often anymore mabye 2-4 times a year. When I do I make them count. I want my ego to dissolve and the healing light of creation to warm me. It recharges my battery's. Shows me that there is alot I don't know. Humbles me by reminding me that I am just a tiny, tiny molecule in this giant cosmic tapestry. It fills me with joy to be able to get a glimpse of the energy from were we came and to know that someday we will all return there. And when we do everything will be made right. My ego and all my impuritys will singe away and I will be nomore, just the all of unconditional love. For now I charish what life has to offer and try to lend a helping hand to those that struggle.I enjoy the exchange of love between my children,wife and friends. I could go on all night, but would only confuse you and myself more with what i'm trying to say.
Once you rise up and peal through the layers of karma,life and consciousness you get to the white light and as you pass into the void you come to the center and there is pure unconditional - :heartpump:

"Small wheel turn by the fire and rod,
Big wheel turn by the grace of God,
Everytime that wheel turns round,
Bound to cover just a little more ground"-Hunter/Garcia

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: One is better than five [Re: chinacat72]
    #2055386 - 10/29/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

:heartpump:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2055746 - 10/30/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I trip alone about half of the time, but would not recommend solo trips to "just anybody."

Make sure you know why you're taking them :wink: then make sure you know you might be wrong :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: One is better than five [Re: Strumpling]
    #2056276 - 10/30/03 03:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I guess it depends on what kind of person you are. I'm kind of a loner by nature, so I can handle tripping alone just fine. In fact, I prefer solo trips, cuz those are always the most insightful ones.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: One is better than five [Re: silversoul7]
    #2060042 - 10/31/03 08:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Chinacat your posts are always brilliant.

I personally dont have the experience/bottle to trip on my own. Has anyone found anxiety to be worse when tripping alone?

Offlinestudent
Stranger

Re: One is better than five [Re: Oook]
    #2060379 - 10/31/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yes the anxiety can be worse, if you let it be worse. But if you have the right mind set it is the best, most peaceful, insightful trip you could have. Aren't you tripping alone even with people? It is your trip, not the groups trip. Yes, everyone is tripping together, with the same vibes, but each person is completely different. I find a lot of distraction tripping with people. When alone you can completely focus with more intensity that you ever thought you could. Be it in the anxiety of being alone and frightened or in the glory of realization.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: One is better than five [Re: Oook]
    #2061095 - 10/31/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I deal with social anxiety on a daily basis and have since I was old enough to remember - nearly two decades before I was introduced to psychedelics or psychoactive foods.

I have NEVER been able to master my anxiety but it certainly isn't a focal point of my experiences with mushrooms. I really come to life on mushrooms. An intensity comes upon me that is strong and passionate, focused on God, life, the problems of mankind, and considering solutions that one person alone could attempt to pull off through peaceful dialogue.

Perhaps you could try some intense physical excercise the preceding week of your experience. Get your blood moving and sweat a lot. Physical strength does help subdue anxiety IMO.

Secondly, pay attention to your foods. Check out the thread "FOOD IS FUEL" and see if the advice in it helps you deal with a solo trip and in general.

Thirdly, spend some time alone without tripping. Turn off the the CD player, the TV, the lights, the PC, and anything else you can turn off. Light some candles and get an empty book of blank pages (available at Borders and Barnes & Noble) and feel free to write about what it feels like to be alone and have anxiety. You won't learn about it til you ponder on it. My anxiety is the result of spiritual opposition to the route that mankind is on. I fight it - almost in vain it feels some days - and as a result I'm much different than anyone I've yet met. That's anxiety.

Be strong and be encouraged. Graduate from the masses.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag