Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain
    #2051630 - 10/28/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure this topic has been broached before, but I've been wanting to do some research on this for quite some time and was hoping some of you guys could point me in the direction of some existing work that has already been done.  There are some facts pertaining to this matter that I am already aware of:

There is archeological and textual evidence of marijuana use in humans that goes back 10,000 years.  Beyond that, its hard to tell (stupid ice age :nonono: )

I have heard somewhere that all babies are born with THC receptors in their brain.  Can anyone confirm this?  If this is true, it might indicate that cannibus consumption has had some biological influence on our evolution.

Psychoactive chemicals have often been the center of ancient religious practices.  How far back does this go?  Could it be possible that psychoactive plants were the sociocultural fathers of religion and metaphysics? 

Certain wild animals intentionally eat psychoactive plants, or other animals that feed off psychoactive plants, and seem to have a positive biological relationship with them. 

The human brain processes psychoactive chemicals in a predictable way.  These chemicals dont cause our brains to shut down and completely malfunction.  Our brain has its own way of processing and dealing with them.  Where did this mechanism come from?  If mankind was not meant to ingest psychedelic chemicals, why does our brain possess the capability to process them? 

Here are some of my wacko theories:

The primordial ancestors of man were exposed to many naturally occuring psychoactive chemicals.  Their ability to process these chemicals determined, in part, their potential for survival in the world.  Thus, the relationship between the human brain and naturally occuring psychedlics could have had an effect on how the brain developed. 

Maybe comedian Bill Hicks was more right than he knew.  Maybe the ingestion of psychedelic plants, over thousands of years, helped the primordial brain develop the complex sensory and chemical processes of which we, the human race, are the benefactors. 

Maybe the discovery of cannibus was the catalyst to the agricultural age!!!  Imagine that!!!

Caveman1: "Comon dude, its time to go.  We must follow the herd and escape the coming of winter, which makes berries and fruits scarce."
Caveman2: "I dunno man, I've been eating this strange plant and it seems to fill my head with the notion that everything is going to be all right and I should just chill and stay where I am.  Look, I threw a bunch of its seeds on the ground because they gave me headaches and they turned into plants themselves.  And you can make rope and cloth from it, too!"
Caveman1: "Well, thats all fine and good, but what are you going to do for food?"
Caveman2: "Maaaan, I can just make my own food from seeds, just like the strange plant.  I think its all about the timing of the seasons or something.  Eating this plant makes me feel more in touch with narure.  And why should I follow the herd?  I should just set up camp and wait for them to come to me!  Then, I'll kill enough for a whole year and make some wicked jerky!!"
Caveman2: "Thats pretty lazy..."
Caveman1: "Yeah, well, what can I say, this plant makes me wanna just chill..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, your thoughts and suggested reading in this area are greatly appreciated. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineorangejuice
journeyman
Re: Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2051716 - 10/28/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

good post! i am interested in this too. i would also like to see some studies on this.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain [Re: orangejuice]
    #2052016 - 10/28/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

At the very least, you can say that psychedelics are a massive catalyst that facilitate evolution

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2052060 - 10/28/03 10:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think that's pretty silly.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2052142 - 10/28/03 10:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There is a massive scale reaction that materializes energy into matter and is sent spewing out it all 360 degrees from the epicenter. As this matter begins to cool down it begins to collect. Dusts and gasses begin mixing. Stars and galaxies form. Planets materialize and begin to orbit these stars. One star in particular has nine planets in its orbit. The third one from the sun is initially violent and hostile. It is extremely warm and its surface is covered with active volcanoes. As the volcanic activity becomes dormant, atmosphere and liquids form. Fast Foward a billion years and enough amino acids have randomly combined to form single celled organisms. For billions of years the organisms evolve into more and more complex life forms. One day, a fish crawls out of water. The fish begats dinosaurs. Dinosaurs become extinct and progress is lost. This time around, primates form, they have opposable thumbs which facilitate tool making. Tool making encourages creativity and overall intelligence. Given enough time and "random" mutations of dna caused by unknown catalysts, these primates become humans. The first humans are nomadic hunters and gatherers. With the invention of agriculture, a food supply surplus is available so that human tribes can support more people than is necessary to provide food. This allows specialization which gives humans more adventive creativity and therefore a better ability to adapt to their surroundings. Their numbers mulitply as does their life span. Society begins to form. Fire is discovered as well as the wheel.
Then there is an industrial revolution
simple machinery, which leads to more and more complex machinery which eventually leads to me typing this post.

Evolution is a life force that relies on time and chance. Evolution telescopes, meaning that with the right catalyst or "chance" it speeds up logarhythmically, i.e more things happened the last 100,000 years than did in the last million years, and more things happened in the last 10,000 years than did in the last 100,000 years, and more things happened in the last 1000 years than did in the last 10,000 years, and more things happened in the last 100 years than in the last thousand, and more in the last 10 than in the last 100 years, and more in the last year than in the last 10 years.

It is possible that human evolution was sped up by psychedelic plants. For millions of years, people were just apes

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2052321 - 10/28/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well..... please explain exactly how me eating mushrooms alters the DNA my sperm passes on.

And if you aren't talking about that type of change, then what kind of change is it and stop using the word evolution. Also, explain how mushrooms have fueled say, computer development.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #2052385 - 10/28/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
...*snip*...
I have heard somewhere that all babies are born with THC receptors in their brain.  Can anyone confirm this?  If this is true, it might indicate that cannibus consumption has had some biological influence on our evolution.

Well, not really. To be brief, the reason why drugs can get into the brain and do the things they do is because a part of a particular drug molecule resembles a naturally occuring brain chemical, and thus can cross the Blood Brain Barrier.
I'm not saying certain psychoactive substances can't somehow change evolution, because no one truly knows as yet. But I do think a little more research is needed.  :smile:

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
Re: Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2052573 - 10/29/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting thing: DMT (ie -diemethyltryptamine) is a natural occuring chemical in the brain. Could we somehow raise these levels of DMT unconciously? What if these levels of tryptamines were higher in some people that others?

DMT was used in past cultures, taken as a drink - "ayahuasca".

I need to get my hands on some DMT.

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

Offlinebillster84
fungi-consumi

Re: Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain [Re: Psilozero]
    #2052649 - 10/29/03 01:04 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I, for one, am a firm believer of the theory originally taken in by a number of evolutionists that evolution happens in "stairsteps" if one were to graph it. Physical evolution being horizontal (x-axis) and mental or consciousness evolution being the y-axis. Primates developed opposable thumbs and other physical traits then (this is a personal theory though many evolutionists claim its feasibility) somehow ingested mushrooms and began, over a series of generations and many ingestions per organism, to have complex thought patterns and to spawn social development, shapes & drawing, communication, and over many many thousands of years and other successive physical evolutions, (ie voicebox) language. Since then we have had no need for mushrooms and the collective consciousness and awareness of energy that they create as we have been able to share ideas through language. But as language is a relative blink in the lifespan of man, it has lead us astray....Which leads us to our next evolution. As mankind has no need for evolution in the physical realm (we have all that taken care of with technology and medicine), our next step is a consciousness-based evolution. Maybe mushrooms are once again the key...it only takes a certain percent of "aware" population to teach it to the remainder of the people. Terrence McKenna has some interesting theories on this as well, it all ties in....everything that has ever been said on the subject as far as I can tell.

Oh and what SpecialEd said about the 'telescoping' of evolution, that is also an interesting theory of Terrence called the theory of singularity, though I don't know if he was the one who originally proposed it. Anyways, according to singularity, these evolutions that are happening closer and closer together eventually (as asymptotal graphs always do) hit a point where there are nearly infinity of these events happening in in just a few seconds. Then what? the graph has hit its limit...for all you calculus students...a function is undefined at its limit (not zero which would mean death, but not defined). So is humanity, our evolution undefined?? crazy shit, huh? oh and just in case you were wondering, this singularity graph is based on calculations of communication, computer speed, travel, and information gain increases and graphed asymptotally. Guess what day it hits infinity...Dec. 21st 2012, also the very last day on the Mayan Indian calendar, winter solstice, date of the supposed Omega point and various other galactic phenomena.

I know I'm a little off topic here, but mushrooms are our link. They are our cosmic guide that hints toward a bigger idea than our daily runabouts.

I'm sure I've been rambling but it all becomes so much clearer to me everytime I put it into words that I end up getting ahead of myself and not fully explaining things.

--------------------
...in the middle of a world on a fish hook.

Offlinebillster84
fungi-consumi

Re: Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain [Re: billster84]
    #2052666 - 10/29/03 01:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ok, sorry to post with another horribly confusing theory but it actually hits on everything said so far if you pay attention and don't get lost in the language...this is from barrelfullofmonkeys.org

Something seems to be ingressing through the tightening gyre of History, and as the countdown to Zero Time escalates we're all being bootstrapped out of maximum entropic, chaotic existence, and into the Dreaming Universe beyond the watershed of 2012 . But whether you intepret the coming Wave as Death, Destruction, Transformation, Revolution, Chrysalis, Art, Upload, Intervention, Omega Point or something new is up to you. Reality has always been up for grabs - whatever language/paradigm controls your reality browser controls you. Every Trybe brainwashes its children into the reality-tunnel of the Trybe, but the Barrelfull of Monkeys try to decondition (or, at least, to meta-condition the dreamer into realizing the dream!). Life is an unfolding of inphomation in novel form, and the ideas presented here are continuous acts of creativity helping breed negative entropy and phaze in the new reality! It's always hard to let go, but learning the language is the first step to the new paradigm evolving around you.

EVERYTHING IS IN FLUX

So why does everything appear to be hyperacclerating these days? Simple. We're entering a period of increased vibration as we near the Hyperspatial Object at the End of Time. Huh? Well, quantum philosophy seems to say our whole reality is embedded in a larger, Implicate reality. What we know as the dimensions of spacetime are facets of a larger multidimensional whole, whose reality is coming in like a wave, melting into our frequency, phazing in and out of our harmonic valence. Call it the Eschaton, the Dreamtime, the Logos, the Imagination, the Omega Point, an AI Virtuality or simply the momentum of history and culture reaching it's zenith: the end product, whatever it is being born - and language falls off it in rivultets of unravelled syntax - is sending shockwaves back into history as we know it. But the key here is that whatever is going on we are a part of it all. We get to choose how we intepret it. In some way, it could be said our very definition of it shapes it into being. Shamen and artists and madmen and trypsters and children, all God's Fools , have seen glimpses of it as it comes from outside our 4-D realitymesh of spacetime, from a larger matrix we are embedded in -10D. Terrence McKenna calls it the Logos.

LOGOS?

What's a Logos? Ah yes, the Logos . Hyperspatial Object . It is us, in the future, it-side Time , you understand? The place we came from and return to with new stories, to replenish the Great Dream . Its been with us from the start, encoded in our memetic blueprint, downloading programming instructions that set the world in motion, playing us out like algebraic strings, algorithmic equations for the idea of it all, for life itself. The Great Idea . A Something instead of a Nothing . And as we chrysalise towards the Eschaton, preparing to be born into the next world, we're simply getting better at recognizing whats going on. Were getting more words for it, learning the hyperreal language. At inphomational equilibrium, just like thermodynamic equilibrium, the two systems become equal. Because its made of language , and so are we, two information systems encoding one another, intermingling, catalyzing ourselves through media and technology and ideas, so many ideas crystalizing into a web, a beautiful cocoon of tomorrows.

David Bohm said "Matter is just frozen light". Light is just inphomation in the form of quanta particles, one language to describe them. Inphomation is realized imagination. Therefore matter can also be described as frozen inphomation/imagination. The LOGOS spins so fast through OHM n-dimensionality, from world to world as the ultimate imaginary story: EVERYTHING is being told at hyperultrareal speeds of THOUGHT , so fast they can only exist in the Imagination, a definitive dimension outside normal spacetime. To slow and become real, matter is born into the CANVAS world of a Lower Harmonic Frequency .ART . We are all a language being read like the BOOK we are, read in our stories and our lives as we appraoch the IMAGINATION WAVE , a carrier of memetic intent. The Mayan calender runs out its current paradigm Dec 21st, 2012, which also happens to be the date Novelty Theorist Terrence McKenna posits for the Eschaton , or the Singularity of ultimate immersion of a force he's named Novelty . The hyperaccelerating immersion of Novelty is part and parcel of the speeding up of our media rich inphosphere coccooning our reality, compressing all events into a timeless and perhaps meaningless web of near instantaneous soundbites. And the greatest part is it's all projected to reach a head in 2012, at the technological Singularity many futurists call the Omega Point . And after which: who knows? Artifical Intelligence, Hyperspatial Breakthough, the End of Time, the End of Culture and a million other things besides, if not a billion billion things all concrescing out of maximum chaos into a new order, a new paradigm, a new way of understanding.

It's NOT death, it's something new: the final breakthrough. It's the outer wall of the Wave, beyond which you're different - unrecognizable- transformed. Into dream or joy or despair - its all up to you. Thats why you've got to come to grips with it, conceptualize it - make it into something. Which is why I fictionalize it as the Logos . Call it what you like, our very momentum of describing this event continues to concrese it into the act of becoming. And as it phases into our reality and becomes real, it'll have to Heisenburg -ize int only one solid state reality shift, but what that IS is up to us all, the morphenogenetic field will tell, that Shift one way or the other. They say it takes 1% of humanity to make that SHIFT in consciousness, as happened about 50,000 years ago when apes ate hallucinogenic mushrooms, became self-aware, and we fell into language and history. We have to lock in the harmonic upload opportunity synchronizing through local spacetime Dec 21st 2012 and reel in the 5th dimension. The 100th Monkey syndrome then seeds the Morphenogenetic Field we all share, passing on the new awareness to the rest of the race. So dream a big dream, make it true and strong, because if you build it, yes, Virginiatrix , it will come. It's waiting there outside time, immersed in a holographic matrix of translinguisticdna, your dream Avatar body, your real you, and if you want it enough then it will manifest. It just takes everything you've got. Which you won't need in the new world, anyway... But remember, every action you take affects the fractal web of becoming, so don't forget to have fun and feel good along the way! The cream of the jest rises to the top! That's the Law of Levity . And the first thing to learn when playing the Game is the rules. Then you can break them . Just like learning language, all the best games are Ages 3&Up, and we're all in the barrel together...

--------------------
...in the middle of a world on a fish hook.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2052866 - 10/29/03 02:58 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hey DoctorJ, I totally agree with your post. You might find this interesting:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinke...amp;postmarker=

Quote:

Thus, the relationship between the human brain and naturally occuring psychedlics could have had an effect on how the brain developed.

You are what you eat! Your diet affects you, our brains are composed of materials which we get from food, so there is definitely a possibility that edible psychedelics were an evolutionary influence.

Its likely that we evolved "around" psychedelics. They didn't evolve us, or cause us to evolve, we adapted to their existence. We made better and better use of these molecules, because they are useful in aiding intelligence.

The reigning theory is that primates got smarter because they had to compete for resources, so they grew bigger brains to figure out better strategies. This doesn't explain why other species haven't evolved sentience from the same situations. I believe that psilocin is the missing link.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

#2052877 - 10/29/03 03:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
well..... please explain exactly how me eating mushrooms alters the DNA my sperm passes on.

And if you aren't talking about that type of change, then what kind of change is it and stop using the word evolution. Also, explain how mushrooms have fueled say, computer development. 

It wouldn't neccassarily be passed via your soldiers, but if psycho-actives help creativity which can be applied to anything from problem solving to art, then by opening these doorways to new ideas and solutions, therefor increasing ones intelligence, it could be passed on via taught technics, just like information is today.  You go to school to learn to become something crazy like a rocket scientist or genetic engineer - this isn't a trait that's passed via genes - this is shared information on how things work.

Psychoactives have been proven to enhance creativity time and time again, yet the solutions and problems that psychoactive thinking accomplish are overlooked due to lack of understanding (and research I might add) to the effects on the brain caused by these substances.

My name is nubious, and I wrote this post, you guessed it, on psychoactives. :wink: :P 

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#2052880 - 10/29/03 03:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:

And if you aren't talking about that type of change, then what kind of change is it and stop using the word evolution.

Evolution is a concept that is beyond DNA. The theory of evolution preceeded Darwin, who postulated natural selection, which was a hundred years before the discovery of DNA.

External pressures on a species don't change the DNA directly, but cause DNA mutations to be favorable or unfavorable, thereby causing genetic evolution. In this sense, mushrooms could have been a natural selection pressure.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Invisiblemr crisper

#2052921 - 10/29/03 03:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Certain wild animals intentionally eat psychoactive plants, or other animals that feed off psychoactive plants, and seem to have a positive biological relationship with them

wow! which animals intentionally eat psychoactive plants?
are you saying that if i eat one of these animals i will trip too?
lets have a bbq.

Invisiblemr crisper

#2052967 - 10/29/03 04:42 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fast Foward a billion years and enough amino acids have randomly combined to form single celled organisms

all this info comes from Narby's - 'the cosmic serpent' -
Francis Crick calculated the chances of this happening.
for a start proteins cannot reproduce themselves without the info supplied from dna. yet dna  cannot reproduce itself without proteins to do the work. life is a harmonic relationship between these two systems. back to the chicken/egg saga.

there are 20 amino acids to choose from for living beings. the average protein is made up of 200 amino acids strung together in the desired order.  for a protein to form randomly, Crick calculated that there is a 1 in 20 chance multplied by itself 200 times.
so the odds are about 1 to 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

to give some perspective, the number of atoms in the observable universe has been calculated as 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

then one has to consider the chances of a 2 yard thread of dna packing itself into the nucleus of a cell, which is 2-millionths of a pinhead in size.

dna is a code, a language, a wetware programme. does anybody consider the implications of this? it is the organic version of the programming used to create the characters in 'sims' or 'postal'. could these pooter games have come into existance by randomly pressing keys on the keyboard?

Crick wrote of 'directed panspermia'.
now we come back to mushrooms...or more generally fungi. spores are quite suitable for space travel, their shells are amongst the hardest organic substances, they can withstand extremes of temperature and remain viable for who knows how long. Mckenna wrote a lot on this subject, check his  books for the full story.
so did life on earth arrive in the form of fungi spores? and from said spores we evolved? and where did the spores come from? and why? :sun:

OfflinePsychogenik
CerebellumDamage<--

Re: Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain [Re: mr crisper]
    #2053316 - 10/29/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.jamesarthur.net/mushroom_new.html
check out that link, it is the author of the book Mushrooms and Mankind. I read some of the chapters online, it seems like an interesting book with lots of facts about the relationship between human civilizations and mushrooms.

--------------------
I'll eat myself if i have to!

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2053735 - 10/29/03 01:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

It doesnt affect you individually.

But it might effect your species globally

What if the ingestion of mushrooms produced some effect in the early humans that was a boon to survival? People in the thread have already listed them: complex thought patterns, problem solving ability, the ability to create abstract constructs in the mind for purposes of reasoning and communication.

What if the people who ate mushrooms were favored for survival? Narrows the gene pool a bit.

But imagine a scenario such as this:

An early human clan finds mushrooms growing in the area and eats them. Some of the clan have brains that are able to process the psychoatcive compounds in the shrooms, and others don't. Or maybe some have really good, beneficial effects, and others experience bad, effects, the differences coming from differences in neurochemistry throughout the clan members. Maybe the humans with the proper neurobiology (the differences coming from mutation and sexual selection) to process the chemicals and benefit from them would have a higher chance of survival. If so, then mushrooms would be an environmental evolutionary stressor that determined the fate of one aspect of humanity's evolution.

Quote:

Also, explain how mushrooms have fueled say, computer development.

Hmmm, well, its always been a nagging suspicion of mine that the 60's California acid wave was somehow related to the emergence of Silocon Valley, I will go a little more basic and a little less speculative than that:

It could be that the interaction between the variations of nuerochemistry in early man and Psilocybin Mushrooms shaped the future of the human brain. Mushrooms might have been one of the tests which neurochemical traits (and the genes they are tied to) must pass if they are to avoid deselection. Therefore, mushrooms and other natural psychoactives could have influenced our neurobiological makeup over the courses of extremely long periods of time.

The behaviorial effects these psychedelic agitators might have had are highly speculative. But I would imagine, both biologically and socioculturally, the ingestion of naturally occuring psychoactives would lead to increased potential in all areas of the brain, or possibly one specific area. Like i already said, this could be problem solving, communication, or advanced planning and abstract conceptualization, all of which are prerequisite skills to the development of new computer electronics.

Humans can build computers, and apes cannot. But why? What got us from point A to point B? Evolution says: Mutations, selected or deselected by environmental stressors. What could an environmental stressor on the human brain be? Hmmmm.... Obviously the existence of light and sound and matter caused us to develop our basic senses. But what was the stressor of our intellectual ability? could it be mushrooms, marijuana, peyote, coca, poppies, coffee, ginseng, mah huang or any number of hallucinogenic plants out there everywhere, covering the whole planet?

2 cavemen are foraging and they come accros some mushrooms. They're hungry, so they eat them. Caveman A freaks out and jumps off of a cliff. He's outta the gene pool. Caveman B chills out underneath the stars and as he's looking at them he realizes he can tell when its gonna get cold by seeing where the stars are at in the sky. Bully for him! After that night, he knows when to head south and all the chixx0r's come with him.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2053751 - 10/29/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Obviously the existence of light and sound and matter caused us to develop our basic senses.  But what was the stressor of our intellectual ability?  could it be mushrooms, marijuana, peyote, coca, poppies, coffee, ginseng, mah huang or any number of hallucinogenic plants out there everywhere, covering the whole planet?

Dude, I love what you just said right there. Fuck yeah! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2054876 - 10/29/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

My theory is that Psycoactive diets where right between beasts and humans. There are apes in africa that still eat the root of Psycoactive plants. Things like Art, Mathematics, music. Through out the whole evolution of beasts these things where not needed and there for we got all the way to becoming apes without them. But something happen in between this that gave us the need and ability for all these things. Think about it, u know alll the crazy shit you think about on acid and shrooms, you know your brain speeds up a million miles an hour and even after the next day you still feel mentaly expanded. How do you think Apes or other animals would think when they eat high doses of Psycoactive roots???

I tell you how, they go "hey 1 banana plus 2 bananas is 3 bananas!! Now lets make houses and plan our voyage to the moon" while the other ape goes "Cool, meanwhile ill tap on these cocunuts and make a strange yet enchanting patter of sounds i shall call rythim" While a third ape giggles for an hour drawing a beutiful picture of the sunset with his fiecies. All while the fourth ape is supper paranoid warning the other apes of this being he calls "GOD", :lol:

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics and the Evolution of the Human Brain [Re: Spokesman]
    #2055225 - 10/29/03 09:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

PSssstt.. hey man.. I think someone's watchin us! I.. I think HE KNOWS, man! knows what? uhhh.. i dunno, prolly everything..

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract