Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
For Those Who Have Been In Rehab
    #2012556 - 10/15/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys... here's the deal. I've been smoking pot for about 3 years, the last 2 quite heavily, and I began using pychedelics 2 years ago. my parents are well aware of my marijuana and pychedelic use, and they don't like it one bit. They're very worried about me and want me to goto a 28 day in patient rehab program. I am open to the idea, but by no means do I WANT to go. I'm sure you guys can identify.

Basically my question is, even if you reverted to your old ways after getting out (or even used at all) do you feel that the program was of invaluable benefit? I don't think I could make such a drastic change on my lifestyle without the help of professionals... I don't feel like my life is headed in the direction I want it to go in.

Any comments are welcome... thank you.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: the free thinker]
    #2012787 - 10/15/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think its a culture shock once you get out and you are still likely to start again to stop all the shock.... but thats just me..

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2012960 - 10/15/03 09:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

While I don't know your personal life and the exent of your "problem",or even if you do have a problem at all,I will say a couple things.

Treatment programs very tremendously. Some are great. They'll provide you with professional pyschiatric and psychological help. They'll give you accurate information and gauge had bad your problem really is. On the other hand,there are brainwashing,bootcamp type deals.And of course,there are various shades of grey.

If you are not motivated and are being forced into it,it's not such a good thing. There are people that can help,but in the end you make the changes in yourself. In my experience,people that are forced into programs are often resentful and come out worse off than when they went in.

I was basically forced into rehab a couple years ago. I didn't want to go,and it was a complete waste of time. It could have been worse,but it was basically "drugs are bad,mkay" and it didn't provide any kind of psychological/psychiatric support.

28 day in patient also seems kind of absurd if you are only smoking weed and taking psychedelics.I'm certainly no professional,but a competant therapist and possibly even a weekly outpatient program would be sufficient.

Only you truly know the extent of your problem. If you are just smoking weed and taking psychedelics to add to your life you may not even have a problem. If smoking weed is taking over your life and you are self medicating or trying to escape your problems,I think seeing a psychiatrist and a psychologist would be a better solution. If they think you have a major problem,they could refer you to treatment programs.

Not to say drugs,and even marijuana, can't cause people problems because they certainly can,but people are often quick to blame drugs when there are other underlying problems that need to be solved first. If you don't get to the roots of these things,solely treating you for drug abuse isn't going to do you much good.

That's just my two cents.

good luck

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2012986 - 10/15/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The question is do you really WANT to change? I've never been myself, but I've had 4 friends all go to rehab of various levels at seperate times and each returned to their old ways within days (sometimes hours) of being released.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineTrippinSpinners
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2021277 - 10/18/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Dude... if you want to quit then you could quit on your own. The key is to WANT to quit. Keep your main focus on school and you will slowly stop thinking about. Weed took me about 3 weeks to get over. It was hard at first but eased out over time. Not addicted to shrooms tho... not yet

GOODLUCK!

--------------------
When I use the name "I", I'm talking about my friend of a friend named "Ivan".

--Mr. Nice Guy

Offlineamnesiaseizure
Mr
Male

Loc: Certainly not here.
Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: TrippinSpinners]
    #2052456 - 10/28/03 11:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you don't want to quit there is NO WAY YOU'RE GOING TO. It'd be a waste of time and effort to ge to rehab with the way you're feeling and you'd probably end up just feeling more guilty about your use. Seriously man, just using pot and psychedelics shouldn't warrant going to rehab unless you have a SERIOUS problem that you've owned up to - which really doesn't sound the case.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: amnesiaseizure]
    #2052629 - 10/29/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Mariguana and psychadelics are drugs people usually grow out of before they cause any harm. If you said you were addicted to heroin-Coke or Meth I would definately advise to check into rehab. I was addicted to Oxy's and hydrocodones and large amounts of pot almost 2 years ago. I was bad taking in between 100-150 mg of oxy a day. Very addicted. My mom didnt know and I didnt want her to know because she always thought I was a clean kid and she would be heart broken. I took a month off school and went to my Girlfriends dad's Ranch out bt St. Pete-Tampa. He is kinda like a father figure for me and I told him my problem. I just went cold turkey that whole month at the ranch. Not a sip of alcohol or even a drag from a cigarrette. It was fuckin tough but felt good when I came back to school and have been clean for a month. I still kinda mess around a litte with prescriptions and pot now but I moderate myself like only once in a full moon for a party. Psychadlics are my thing but I really think its quite hard to get addicted to psychadelics. Try to quit on your own first or atleast cut down is my advice. Then atleast you can have the self consciousness that you are not dependent on these drugs. The stuff you are addicted too are not so difficult to lay off..clinically.
Good luck

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: orizon]
    #2052826 - 10/29/03 02:29 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

to be honest... the only thing Rehab ever tought me was that I got caught. Shit... thats what they told me strait out!

"your here because you got caught. dont get caught"

so i just learned to be more crafty. certainly, some rehab programs are prolly better, but this was my general experience

--------------------

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: Suffer]
    #2053477 - 10/29/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

DO NOT COMMIT TO ANY INPATIENT REHAB. FUCK THAT!

You will be sorry you did. Its like jail and you have to do rehab stuff all day. Outpatient is much much much better and you can still learn some things in the process. There ARE valuable lessons to be learned in there and if you think you might have a problem or think it could help in the slightest bit- go to outpatient. Hell it might save your life one day.

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: Twista]
    #2053492 - 10/29/03 11:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

alright, lemme clear something up. Dont even go into OUTPATIENT if you're not going to quit for the duration of the treatment. Going to treatment fucked up isnt good for you or anyone there.

The idea is, get a taste of what its like to be off drugs and talk about what you're going through with those in treatment. It does work. To be frank, its pretty fucking easy if you're open with them and open-minded to their treatment.

But- like the others said, if u dont want to quit or have no desire to quit, its a waste of your time. Take a raincheck. Good luck with whatever you decide. peace

Offlinegladimnotinrehab
Drifter

Loc: ...around
Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: Twista]
    #2054454 - 10/29/03 06:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i was in rehab for 3 months, the 28 day program sounds a bit like the one i want to, HCYF in plymouth. i was in a similar spot as you, only i wasant smoking pot regurlarly, i was doing pharmies and lots of OTC speed stuff. i went in with an open mind, because my family thought i had a problem, i just thought i got caught with a grip of shrooms. after the first week of being torn down to nothing, and adjusting to a new envirment stuffed full of addicts just feinding to get high, i was the same way. i didnt really want to quit and i didnt. i ended up being the first runaway extended care has ever seen. rehab taught me many many things, the most important being that if i ever felt i had a problem, i would know what to do. being prepared is excellent, but most 28 programs extend into aftercare, halfway houses and things that are alltogether not good. if you get honest with your parents and moderated to their terms you might be better off. PM me if youve got any questions, hope this helped!

--------------------
Never associate with other people having the same weakness. -the morman church
When god is in his heaven, all is well with the world -SEELE

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: gladimnotinrehab]
    #2056717 - 10/30/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

dude, i know you have to be over 18 to get on these boards, but if your parents are still your guardians for any reason, do not go. I was woke up in the middle of the night by 2 strange men who told me i was to go to texas and that i did not have a choice. they forcefully placed me in a car and started to drive me to the airport. at one point i jumped out of the car and ran, i was chased down, no escape.
they assured me what was happening was only going to be for 3 days and that i could choose not to go through this all.

this was all a lie, i was fucked.
i spent 39 days in texas being marched up and down hills all day long, being stripped of my dignity , with a giant fucking pack on my back. then i was sent to mexico for 8 months of complete insanity. i was at the point where i was going to poison myself to get taken to the hospital and run from there, completely out of my mind.
the only way i was able to leave this place, was to be homeless on the beaches of mexico after my 18th birthday. which i did for 3 days untill my parents sent me a ticket home. the consulers said that i wasnt done, and that i need to stay at least another 8-10 months before i was ready. finally they sent me a ticket and i came home.
horrible shit, you dont know what your signing up for.
also leagly if you are over 18 your parents can have their custody of you re-instated by the courts, and you could be locked away untill you are 21 in a rehab.
be careful...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #2078967 - 11/06/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys... here's the deal. I've been smoking pot for about 3 years,
the last 2 quite heavily, and I began using pychedelics 2 years ago.
my parents are well aware of my marijuana and pychedelic use, and
they don't like it one bit. They're very worried about me and want me
to goto a 28 day in patient rehab program.

Pot?? Pot isn't addictive! I used to suck dick for coke! Now
that's an addiction! Get out of here right now!

(from the movie "Half-baked")

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #2080982 - 11/07/03 12:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ive found rehab was just a good place to meet other druggies and in turn possibly get into harder substances.

Its like jail, in most instances people come out worse than when they went in.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2081008 - 11/07/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Jesus, Zippos.

I've heard a few horror stories about rehab boot camps and strange treatment programs. There have been a few instances where kids have died at them, there was one where a kid was beaten to death by the instructor.

I don't think most rehabs are like that, but sending a teen to one because he smokes pot and is experimenting is completely ridiculous.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: Phluck]
    #2081149 - 11/07/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

My parents sent me to rehab in a fit of misguided rage like 8 years ago when I was 12...All I did was meet a bunch of people who liked drugs as much/more than I did. If you dont want to quit, you wont. Unless you somehow buy into all the stuff they feed you there...Which may very well happen.

If you want to quit, by all means, find someone who can help you. Its not an easy thing to do by yourself, quitting ANY addiction. But if you enjoy the substances you use, and have no desire to quit, dont waste your time, or your money. Ya know?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: For Those Who Have Been In Rehab [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2082355 - 11/07/03 09:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

When me and 2 of my friends were once in school. We decided to skip a class and smoke some pot. But of course we got caught because my other 2 friends tried shrooms for their first time and went back to school and freaked out. So this ended up in me and them having to take a rehab class once a week for 8 weeks to be able to get back into school. While I was there they told me nothing usefull. They talked about alcoholism and how this stuff affect your family. Not one class did they talk about how it affects the body. What everybody is saying about turning to harder drugs is true. My one friend who got arrested for violating his probation and under age drinking. Some how gets meth in juvey to keep him occupied. Just like everybody else is saying...quit if you want to because if you dont want to its a waste of time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order