Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSimplepowa
In Pursuit of Knowledge

Aussie researchers push ahead on MDMA study as UK starts LSD experiments * 2
    #20511560 - 09/02/14 09:04 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

2:48pm August 18, 2014
Aussie researchers push ahead on MDMA study as UK starts LSD experiments

As UK researchers begin human therapeutic experiments using the psychedelic drug LSD an Australian group are setting up the nation's first clinical study using MDMA to treat post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Steve McDonald, from Australian organisation, Psychedelic Research in Science and Medicine (PRISM), told ninemsn that getting such a study up in Australia had been very difficult, even though it is legal.

"We're finding that the medical profession in Australia is very conservative, and people are reluctant to get involved in anything concerning an illicit drug, even though it's legal research. People are very concerned about public image," he said.

[rest on the link]

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/08/18/14/48/aussie-researchers-push-mdma-study-as-uk-starts-lsd-experiments#yVjBsdrFmH81TqhC.99

--------------------
Carl Sagan - "Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people."

---

Robert Pirsig - "When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

---

Brian Cox - "[One] problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense."

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Aussie researchers push ahead on MDMA study as UK starts LSD experiments [Re: Simplepowa]
    #20511686 - 09/02/14 09:40 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Most scientists will steer clear of it because it's generally not a good career move. So much for real science.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineFreeTheSoul
The wonderer.

Re: Aussie researchers push ahead on MDMA study as UK starts LSD experiments [Re: circastes]
    #20513118 - 09/03/14 07:36 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck public image id rather truly help people. Majority isn't always right....

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Aussie researchers push ahead on MDMA study as UK starts LSD experiments [Re: FreeTheSoul]
    #20513489 - 09/03/14 10:28 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

For the most part, in the U.S., it's just a money problem.  If you got the money you can do all sorts of trials.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineFreeTheSoul
The wonderer.

Re: Aussie researchers push ahead on MDMA study as UK starts LSD experiments [Re: badchad]
    #20516874 - 09/04/14 12:25 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
For the most part, in the U.S., it's just a money problem.  If you got the money you can do all sorts of trials.

You have to pass through so many hoops for it and go through the DEA. The DEA does not want anyone doing research on illegal drugs cause the truth would make the DEA look so shitty. I guess your kind of right though money can buy alot of shit but it would take so much time, effort, money and a battle to get research going its almost impossible.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Aussie researchers push ahead on MDMA study as UK starts LSD experiments [Re: FreeTheSoul]
    #20517911 - 09/04/14 08:36 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

It's not as difficult as people think.  There are at least 35 clinical trials described (completed or ongoing) with MDMA going on in the U.S.  DEA usually just makes sure you have the appropriate storage requirements (e.g., a safe).

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
Re: Aussie researchers push ahead on MDMA study as UK starts LSD experiments [Re: badchad]
    #20517922 - 09/04/14 08:44 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Search maps legalizing psychedelic therapy. It's HAPPENING

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service