Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Hard Times.
    #2051424 - 10/28/03 09:01 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I guess this is a continuation of my last post where i talked about my friend leaving. I've posted in a few threads here hoping to help a few of you thru some trying times.. And i know the advice i gave could be used to help myself in my hard times right now. I just need to get some of my thoughts out. Hoping that maybe it will make the load easier to carry..

I've mentioned about my friend moving far away and worried that i'll never see him again. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Shit just seems to be falling apart all around me. Not only has my friend moved, but another friend of mine has committee suicide and i dont think that has totally sunk in yet. Not that long ago, another friend of mine was found dead in his apartment.. he died of Cardiac arrest. Someone else i know just recently had a stroke and they dont think he's gonna make it. Then just last night i was thinking about an old friend of mine who i had a falling out with recently so i did a search for his posts.. and read his last thread.. I knew he was sick, but cuz we were fighting i wasn't aware of how bad it really is. I don't even know if he's still alive. I feel horrible for not having that chance to say goodbye and make amends for all the hurtful things we both said to each other. I feel like i'm so close to the edge and it just keeps getting worse. I'm at the point where i don't even want to have any friends cuz they're just gonna be taken away from me, one way or another. Like, who's next? I've been thru alot of really hard times in my life, and i've pulled thru it all.. but while it's happening, it feels like it's never gonna end. I'm caught in this downward spiral and can't seem to pull myself out. Not only is it killing me mentally, but it's also taking a toll on me physically. It's got me thinking, what's the point? Last night i was in pretty rough shape and i thought i wasn't gonna be able to hang on. Like they say, when it rains it pours.

I dont know what i expect from making this post.. I guess just to get some of this shit off my chest, thinking maybe it will make it easier.. But with all that said, it's just as hard and unbearable.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Hard Times. [Re: sykobish]
    #2051683 - 10/28/03 10:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"I feel like i'm so close to the edge and it just keeps getting worse. I'm at the point where i don't even want to have any friends cuz they're just gonna be taken away from me, one way or another. Like, who's next?"

i feel exactly the same way...just a big snowball rolling down a hill, getting larger with each revolution...is it ever going to stop? im not sure if theres anything i can say, except i know exactly what your going through, still am actually :frown: the replys you made in my posts about members in my family passing on, really helped...

like this part in particular:

"What you are going thru is your 'mourning' time. You may not look at things the same way once you start feeling better, but it will make you stronger and you will be back to your normal self again. It just takes time. If you need someone to talk to, no matter what it's about, please dont hesitate to PM me if you would like to. That goes for all of you that are going thru hard times or just need someone to listen. I wish you strength thru your trying times.."

you were right....time is the key here. just try to keep your head up...

what really helped me is when i realized that it was out of my control. no matter what i did, no matter how bad i felt, i could in no way change the way things happened... so, with that in mind, whats the point in mopeing around feeling sorry for myself? none really, and i know for a fact that my grandmother and cousin would not want me dwelling on their departure....so i try to dwell instead on my memories of them, as those will be with me forever...

but even with all that said, i still feel down about it. its just the way it is. i know its going to take alot longer for me to get over this, and in the mean time other bad things may happen....but thats life just take it one day at a time....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineGOLDEN9locks
day tripper
Re: Hard Times. [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2051911 - 10/28/03 11:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

im sorry to hear this from you, because ive always noticed what a compasionate, and loving person you've been to people especially on this board....
i know you know this already, because im sure you've said it before yourself, but with time this too will pass darlin....since i graduated highschool about 3 or 4 years ago ive lost MANY friends....it sucks because in 4 years about 15 people who were very close to me, and very young to lose their lives died...it seems like as soon as one person passes, 3 more do...as you said, when it rains it pours"
hang on there darlin! you usually have such a positive outlook, which i know isnt always easy to hang on to..especially in times like these ....but we are here for you...i know ive not said anything much in this post..but feel free to PM me, talking(or typing) really can help....peace and healing vibes for you.....chin up! my gram once told me "keep your eyes to the sun and you'll never see the shadow" better days are sure to come! :heart: :heart: :heart:

--------------------
...Time is a stripper and she's doin' it just for you....

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Hard Times. [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2052950 - 10/29/03 06:19 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You're right.. Time is key.  But it just seems like an eternity when you are in the middle of hell.  I've always said that the key to overcoming trials and tribulations is keeping positive while surrounded by negativity.. if you can do that, you can do anything.  In order for positive things to happen, you need to be positive.. And as i said about all the posts i've made here, it's so much easier said then done.  It does make me feel better to know that i have perhaps made it easier for some of you out there.. and to know that some of you really do care.. Gives me more reason to keep pushing and beat this downward spiral i'm in.  I appreciate both of your posts.  You both have lifted my spirits and helped get me thru another night.  GOLDEN9locks, wrestler_az, thank you both for your kind words.  You guys are great.  :heartpump:

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

OfflineMisstressChrissha
Suductress

Loc: Milky Way
    #2053036 - 10/29/03 08:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

My Grandfather use to cry when a baby was born and rejoice when someone he loved passed on...his reasoning for this was a baby was born into pain, sickness, etc. and our loved ones had passed on to a place where there is nothing but glory...I was with him when he passed on and I looked into his eyes and saw a smile come to his face as he died...that was over 20 years ago and still I sometimes cry when I think of him but I know that I cry not for him but from my own selfishness of not wanting to let him go. Take care of yourself and remember that we all will pass on to a more beautiful place than our minds can even imagine.

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Hard Times. [Re: MisstressChrissha]
    #2053040 - 10/29/03 08:37 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That's very true. The reason why we cry and it's hard for us to let go of loved ones when they pass is purely for selfish reasons.. Realizing that we can never see them again really hurts.. But i guess when you really think about it, they are happier. They dont have to suffer anymore.. Life can be pretty crazy at times but the harder it is, the stronger of a person you become..

I'm at a loss for words just thinking about how unpredictable life can be.. constantly throwing twists and turns at you to test you and see how you react.. Almost as tho we are guinea pigs.

I'm rambling again.. Stuck in my mind. Sorry all.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
    #2053573 - 10/29/03 02:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

sykobish, your spirit is strong, hang in there. I lost my best friend about 2 years ago, still difficult to this day. Continute to have faith and will be ok in the end.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Hard Times. [Re: Twista]
    #2054066 - 10/29/03 05:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Sycho, Autumn is the time for reflection. Often a feeling of meloncholy can come over you in this season. When leaves are falling, it is very easy to think about your own mortality.

This is the way of life.

You are on schedule.

Appreciate your own mortality... you'll be fine.

Good luck,
Cervantes

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Hard Times. [Re: Rose]
    #2054573 - 10/29/03 09:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Lots of people have it worse. I got diagnosed with cancer today. Theres all that unimportant stuff like aids and genecide going on as well. Its pointless to say but life is always up and down. It's always been shit and it always will be so go eat some drugs and keep your chin up.  :grin:

Misstress your grandpa sounds like he was a great guy.

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Hard Times. [Re: Lazerouth]
    #2056010 - 10/30/03 03:50 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What kind of cancer if you dont mind me asking? I was diagnosed in August of last year with cervical cancer.. i had electrosurgery and so far so good. My last check up seemed to be alright, and they said that the operation worked. But i still have to go back for regular check ups to make sure it doesn't come back. I hope you will be alright and that they caught it in time.

Just reading the replies that you all have made here have brought my spirits up alot. It's still hard sometimes but i try to keep in mind that it's out of my control.. These things happen.. and there's not much left to do but roll with the punches and take what life gives you..

Lazerouth, you're in my thoughts.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Invisibleadrug

#2056238 - 10/30/03 05:12 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry to hear that, man. :frown: 

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Hard Times. [Re: adrug]
    #2056639 - 10/30/03 10:56 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks syko glad to hear you recovered. It's malignant melanoma. I wont know how bad it is till I go back for more tests though. I'm not really upset about it but I'm having alot of trouble telling people.

Sorry for being so negative before. :smile:

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
    #2056641 - 10/30/03 10:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

laz, you will be in my prayers. sorry to hear the news.

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

#2056725 - 10/30/03 11:50 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

No worries. I just hope that you pull thru alright. Keep your head up and stay positive. People underestimate the power of positivity..

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being