Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Urge Congress to Stop Racial Profiling [Re: silversoul7]
    #2065499 - 11/02/03 05:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Here's merely one article on the study. There are many more if you don't like this one. Just do a google using the words.... new jersey state police racial profiling study.

PC Makes Study of Racial Profiling DOA

Excerpts from:
Front Page magazine
by Chris Weinkopf

March 27, 2002

"TWO MONTHS AGO, researchers at the Public Service Research Institute completed a taxpayer-funded study into charges of rampant racial profiling among New Jersey state troopers. The investigation was intended to verify long-standing complaints against the state cops, namely, that they are latent bigots who target motorists for the "crime" of DWB - driving while black."

"Little did researchers know that they soon would commit a "crime" of their own: discrediting an article of faith among racial agitators and the establishment press. The authors' findings have been effectively rendered DOA, censored and withheld from public view by the state of New Jersey, at the urging of the U.S. Department of Justice."

"Here's what the numbers, as provided by anonymous sources and reported in the New York Times, tell us: It's true that in New Jersey police pull over black motorists at rates far greater than their proportion of the driving population. While blacks made up 16 percent of motorists on the New Jersey Turnpike, they accounted for 23 percent of the traffic stops. But the reason for the disparity seems to have far less to do with race than with driving habits. Along the New Jersey Turnpike, black drivers accounted for 25 percent of the speeders."

"Moreover, researchers found that the differences in driving behavior are even more pronounced at greater speeds (and almost nonexistent at slower ones). Among serious speed demons, drivers traveling at or above 90 mph, the racial disparity is apparently greater still. How much greater, though, remains a mystery, because officials from the New Jersey attorney general's office, who commissioned the study, are treating it like a closely guarded state secret."

"According to a Washington Post story, the state bureaucrats "expected that (the study) would show that troopers were stopping minority drivers disproportionately and without justification." When the study failed to conform to their political expectations, they decided to shelve it altogether."

"The Department of Justice, which micromanages the New Jersey state police under a three-year-old racial-profiling consent decree, was eager to protect the rationale for its intervention. Just because John Ashcroft is attorney general, doesn't mean that the days of political correctness are over in Janet Reno's former fiefdom."

"Citing supposed questions about the study's methodology, the DOJ asked New Jersey officials to suspend the release of the report indefinitely. State officials, who were inexplicably disappointed to learn that their police officers might not all be racists after all, were happy to comply. So was Democratic governor James McGreevey, who defended the decision to deny his state's taxpayers a look at the study that cost them $500,000."

"Complaints about the report's methodology appear to be little more than an excuse for political suppression. But the old study conformed to the political ideology of the day, while the new study appears to shatter it. No wonder one was embraced, and the other suppressed."

What? No racism? You bastards!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Urge Congress to Stop Racial Profiling [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2065503 - 11/02/03 05:45 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

What areas have the highest crime rate? Where do many go to get their drugs?

If you answer the areas where there are the most minorities you get a gold star.

Actually, it's the poorest neighborhoods, both white and black.  I've seen some pretty shady white neighborhoods full of meth labs.  Don't jump to conclusions. :wink:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2065509 - 11/02/03 05:46 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I misread what the 60+ was for. Here you go from another source....

"According to the study findings, in the 65 mph zone where motorists enter the turnpike from Pennsylvania, drivers identified as African-American were 64 percent more likely to be speeding than those of similar age and sex who were identified as white."

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2065514 - 11/02/03 05:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Actually, it's the poorest neighborhoods, both white and black. I've seen some pretty shady white neighborhoods full of meth labs. Don't jump to conclusions.

Perhaps where (and when) you grew up, but in my earlier days when you wanted drugs, you went to where the blacks were.

--------------------

OfflineSanityIsOvrRated
Live for Today

Loc: NY
Re: Urge Congress to Stop Racial Profiling [Re: Razz]
    #2065534 - 11/02/03 05:58 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Razz said:
so what i no im right and all of the minorities are just wining because they cant get their asses out of the ghetto and do something about it.

Okay, so you say the minorities are just "wining" because they're lazy.  I'm sorry dude, but how old are you?  Do you realize how ignorant you sound?  Theoretically, you are 18, since you have to be in order to be a member of the shroomery.  That being said, it is pathetic that you cannot even write coherently.  You can't spell and you have horrible grammar.  Obviously you haven't had to "get your ass out of the ghetto."  Do you have a job?  Do you pay rent where you live?  Maybe you'd be a little more intelligent if you didn't "get stoned every day before school" as you said in another thread.  If you've only been to all-white schools your whole life, then how can you compare them to schools with mixed races?  If you are trying to prove a point, you should try to have a valid argument and write coherently.

Flame away.  :mad: 

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2065578 - 11/02/03 06:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Perhaps where (and when) you grew up, but in my earlier days when you wanted drugs, you went to where the blacks were.

Well ya, if you're into crack(which, from my understanding, you were), but if you're talking about meth, coke, weed, acid, ecstacy, etc. then the dealer you get it from is usually white.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2065593 - 11/02/03 06:22 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Where i live which is south florida they are hispanic. But you see alot of young white kids selling pharms and weed. Herion is coming back big and now everyone sells that.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2065617 - 11/02/03 06:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Wrong again bucko.

It didn't matter what drugs you did, you went to the black neighborhood to get them.

I didn't buy crack so once again you know not of what you speak. I bought large bags of coke and freebased it myself.

Now, I really don't buy anything but pot anymore and I get it from a friend. You may indeed buy drugs in white areas but if you'll stop trying to prove me wrong for a minute and read what I actually wrote.... you'll see where you went wrong yet again.

Re-read the sentence you posted again (without the desire to prove me wrong) and I think you'll see your error.

--------------------

OfflineRazz
Grim Reefer

#2065845 - 11/02/03 08:09 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hey sanityisoverrated i dont type right because i normally type excessivly long posts and being as slow as a typer as i am i dont try to type correctly i find its much faster and if you had read farther you would have seen ive been to all white schools all my life until this year my senior year my parents couldnt afford it anymore and im 19. and just because i get stoned everyday before school doesnt mean im lazy it just means im stoned everyday at school and usualy after but yes i do work.
I have a job at a local restaurant panenios were i work on weekends and i work for my dad on the weekdays at rasberry auto sales were iv worked my ass off since i was twelve and i smoked then too so dont be telling me to get my ass up and do something i make more than any person i know.

--------------------

OfflineSanityIsOvrRated
Live for Today

Loc: NY
Re: Urge Congress to Stop Racial Profiling [Re: Razz]
    #2066025 - 11/02/03 09:16 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Kudos to you for having a job and going to school. I was just pointing out that, whether it is true or not, typing incoherently makes one look ignorant.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2066473 - 11/03/03 12:04 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

That's still true for crack and heroin,but if you want anything else you go to white boys,at least around here.

Quote:

I didn't buy crack so once again you know not of what you speak. I bought large bags of coke and freebased it myself.

Smart man. If the average crackhead bought powder and made their own,they would save a ton of money.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by monoamine (11/03/03 12:14 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale