Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OnlineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
ABC News Declares Oswald Acted Alone
    #2051203 - 10/28/03 08:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yahoo

ABC News Declares Oswald Acted Alone
Mon Oct 27, 5:15 PM ET

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer

NEW YORK - ABC News has conducted an exhaustive investigation of the Kennedy assassination, complete with a computer-generated reconstruction, which irrefutably confirms that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, the network said Monday.

A two-hour special on the event is scheduled to air Nov. 20, two days before the 40th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's killing.

"It leaves no room for doubt," said Tom Yellin, executive producer of the special, narrated by Peter Jennings. He called the results of the ABC's study "enormously powerful. It's irrefutable."

The conclusion that Oswald alone shot Kennedy during a motorcade in Dallas mirrors that of the Warren Commission, the official government inquiry into the assassination. Even today, public opinion surveys find that less than half of Americans believe there was more than one shooter, said Gary Mack, curator of the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza in Dallas.

But that reservoir of doubt, largely fed by government secrecy and Oliver Stone (news)'s movie on the assassination, is important to address, Yellin said.

ABC News worked with an expert who created a computer-generated reconstruction of the shooting based on maps, blueprints, physical measurements, more than 500 photographs, films and autopsy reports, ABC said.

It enables a person to view the scene from any number of perspectives, including what Oswald saw from the sixth floor of the former Texas school book depository, Yellin said.

"When you do that, it's chillingly clear what happened," Yellin said. He dismisses theories that there was another gunman. Through interviews and other documentation, ABC News also concludes that Jack Ruby, who later killed Oswald, acted simply out of his love for Kennedy.

The computer-generated technology, only available for the past few years, is now frequently used in criminal investigations, Yellin said.

While Stone's movie raised doubt in many people's minds about the Warren Commission, it also led to the release of many government documents that had previously been kept hidden and fueled conspiracy theorists, Yellin said.

None of the documents offer significant evidence refuting the conclusion that Oswald acted alone, Yellin said.

Still, much of Americans' cynicism about their government can be traced to Nov. 22, 1963, making further investigation important even 40 years later, he said.

"I think it's very hard for people to accept the fact that the most powerful man in the world can be murdered by a disaffected person whose life had been a series of failures up to that point," Yellin said.

It's hardly foreign territory for news organizations. CBS News, in fact, has done six separate specials on the assassination, including a two-hour, "CBS Reports: Who Killed JFK, the Final Chapter," that was broadcast 10 years ago. That investigation also concluded that Oswald acted alone.

Both Yellin and Mack admit that no matter what evidence ABC News lays out, it's not likely to quiet people who believe otherwise.

"The history of this subject is pretty clear," Mack said. "No matter what information comes out, people are going to believe what they want."
-------------------------------------

This ENRAGES me. I just can't tell you how pissed off I am about this. Forget the fact that the FBI's top gunman was unable to GET OFF the same number of shots Oswald supposidly did and didn't even take time to aim. Forget the fact that the head was blown BACK and to the LEFT. Forget about the fact that people near the assassination smelled gun smoke and heard gun shots. Forget about every other piece of evidence that proves to anyone who isn't an idiot that there were at LEAST two gunmen.

I am so sick of this world. You humans are absolutely inSANE.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: ABC News Declares Oswald Acted Alone [Re: Learyfan]
    #2051270 - 10/28/03 08:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ABC News also concludes that Jack Ruby, who later killed Oswald, acted simply out of his love for Kennedy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2051340 - 10/28/03 08:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Amazing.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OnlineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: ABC News Declares Oswald Acted Alone [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2051374 - 10/28/03 08:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

What is?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2051428 - 10/28/03 09:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

We agree this time.

I guess it had to happen.  :wink:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OnlineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: ABC News Declares Oswald Acted Alone [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2051454 - 10/28/03 09:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:eek:

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2051463 - 10/28/03 09:09 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2051493 - 10/28/03 09:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder how ABC/Disney explains away:

the discrepancies of the Kennedy autopsies
the acoutic evidence
Oswalds background with the CIA and Naval Intelligence as a "sleeper agent"
Operation Mongoose
the relaxed security in Dallas with the Secret Service
the so-called "magic bullet"
the two Oswalds
the forged Oswald-With-Rifle photographs
the Ruby/Oswald connection
the fact that the rifle found in the Book Depository was known to be incredibly inaccurate and rendered obselete many years before
the dozens upon dozens of mysterious deaths of those involved in the investigations
etc.
etc.

I bet ABC totally brushes these off without proper examination and then cuts to a a few McDonald commericals. Expect numerous soundbytes by that irrational tabloid loser Gerald Posner who is infamous for manufacturing evidence and statements as well as cutting-and-splicing quotes to fit his mold.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: ABC News Declares Oswald Acted Alone [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2051602 - 10/28/03 09:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Now be nice to Learyfan.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion