Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Puh-LEEZE
    #2050493 - 10/28/03 02:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The Bush Junta is using its blunder in Iraq as an excuse to invade Iran and Syria!!

Bush Blames Baathists, Foreigners for Iraq Attacks
(Link to original article)

By Adam Entous

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites) on Tuesday blamed a wave of violence in post-war Iraq (news - web sites) in part on "foreign terrorists," and said he expected Syria and Iran to enforce border controls to stop infiltrators.

Bush vowed that the United States would not "crater in the face of hardship," and said those behind the suicide bombings had the "same mentality" as those who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States.

"We're constantly looking at the enemy and adjusting," Bush said at a Rose Garden news conference in the aftermath of Monday's bloodbath in Baghdad in which 35 people were killed.

Another suicide bomber killed himself and at least four more people in Iraq on Tuesday.

"We're not leaving," Bush said.

U.S. military officials say there are signs that foreign fighters were behind four suicide bombings that killed 35 people and wounded 230 on Monday in Baghdad's bloodiest day since Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) was overthrown. But they have provided little direct evidence and at least one senior U.S. commander in Iraq played down the role of outsiders.

One attacker captured in a foiled raid on a police station had a Syrian passport.

"(Saddam Hussein's deposed) Baathists try to create chaos and fear because they realize that a free Iraq will deny them the excessive privileges they had under Saddam Hussein," Bush said.

"The foreign terrorists are trying to create conditions of fear because they fear a free and peaceful state in the midst of a part of the world where terror has found recruits. That freedom is exactly what terrorists fear the most.

Bush said the United States was "working closely" with Iran and Syria, and added: "We expect them to enforce borders, prevent people from coming across borders if in fact we catch them doing that."

He said coalition forces were also stepping up border enforcement efforts.

Bush has seen his public approval ratings slide over postwar violence, skyrocketing costs and the failure to find weapons of mass destruction.

Guerrillas have killed 113 U.S. troops since Bush declared major combat over on May 1.

A new CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll shows Bush's job approval rating at 53 percent, compared to 42 percent who disapproved. In a hypothetical match-up with an unnamed Democrat, Bush is the choice of 46 percent, while the president's rival was picked by 43 percent.

In contrast, after the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush's approval ratings topped 80 percent and Democrats were wary of challenging the president on national security.

And despite high-profile arrests in his declared "war on terrorism," al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) and former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein remain at large and may be behind recent attacks against Americans.

In his latest audio tape, bin Laden urged Iraqis to wage a holy war against American "crusaders" in Iraq until an Islamic government was set up.

But Bush insisted progress was being made, both in the war on terrorism and in boosting the U.S. economy. "The world is safer today," Bush said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright ? 2003 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Copyright ? 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Puh-LEEZE [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2050518 - 10/28/03 02:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

One attacker captured in a foiled raid on a police station had a Syrian passport.

Yeah I wondered why a suicide bomber would bother taking a "syrian passport" with him. Sounds a little bit too neat.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Puh-LEEZE [Re: Xlea321]
    #2050550 - 10/28/03 02:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Everybody sing it with me:

It's the end of the world as we know it
And I feel fine...

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Anonymous

#2050679 - 10/28/03 03:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"The Bush Junta is using its blunder in Iraq as an excuse to invade Iran and Syria!!"

i don't see how you could have culled that from the article except by an extremely unreasonable interpretation of the entire thing. i suppose when you read everything through a certain type of biased filter, you're bound to make connections that aren't there to make, and conclusions that aren't at all evident.

nowhere is anyone talking about invading anyone. take off your "i hate america" glasses every once in a while when you go to read something. you might actually come away with a valid conclusion or realistic understanding...

here are the only references to iran and syria:

"President Bush (news - web sites) on Tuesday blamed a wave of violence in post-war Iraq (news - web sites) in part on "foreign terrorists," and said he expected Syria and Iran to enforce border controls to stop infiltrators."

"Bush said the United States was "working closely" with Iran and Syria, and added: "We expect them to enforce borders, prevent people from coming across borders if in fact we catch them doing that." "

they sure don't sound like fighting words to me.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Puh-LEEZE [Re: ]
    #2050777 - 10/28/03 04:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

"Bush said the United States was "working closely" with Iran and Syria, and added: "We expect them to enforce borders, prevent people from coming across borders if in fact we catch them doing that."

"working closely" as in pointing a gun in their faces...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #2052056 - 10/28/03 11:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The Bush Junta is using its blunder in Iraq as an excuse to invade
Iran and Syria!!

No they aren't. Before Iraq became a "blunder"(and I don't know if it
is a blunder quite yet), Bush knew damn well that having troops on
Syria's and Iran's borders was going to serve a political purpose.
It is a threat to those two states that knowingly and
enthusiastically finance and support Muslim terrorists.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Puh-LEEZE [Re: ]
    #2052655 - 10/29/03 03:06 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

nowhere is anyone talking about invading anyone.

But remember 12 months ago no-one was saying "We are going to invade Iraq regardless of what the UN inspections team find and regardless of what the UN does". You don't start a propaganda campaign by showing all your cards, you start by dropping hints. Eventually you've dropped enough hints that you can say "Well, we're invading them anyway".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Puh-LEEZE [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #2052660 - 10/29/03 03:08 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

enthusiastically finance and support Muslim terrorists

Any evidence for this? I thought Saudi Arabia was a more likely place for supporting terrorists - seeing as pretty much all the 9-11 hijackers were saudi.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #2053184 - 10/29/03 10:40 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Iran and Syria support terrorism

Any evidence for this? I thought Saudi Arabia was a more likely place for supporting terrorists - seeing as pretty much all the 9-11 hijackers were saudi.

Iran has given massively to Hezbollah. Syria allowed Hezbollah to operate on Lebanonese soil for many years. Here's a quote I found:

According to the most recent State Department report on international
terrorism, "Iran remained the most active state sponsor of terrorism
in 2000." It provides funding, training, and logistical support to
some of the world's most lethal terrorist groups, including the
Lebanon-based Hezballah and radical Palestinian groups opposed to
peace with Israel such as Hamas and Palestine Islamic Jihad.

It has not been proven that the Saudi Arabian government
funds terrorism. There are indicators however that
they might be doing it quietly behind the scenes as not to
arouse our suspicion and to placate the fundamentalists.

Anonymous

#2053301 - 10/29/03 11:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

bin laden was exiled from saudi arabia. he's been seething about their assistance to the US in the first gulf war and out friendly relations in general for over a decade. i think he chose to use saudi hijackers because he thought it might strain US\saudi relations. that's what makes the most sense to me anyway.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Puh-LEEZE [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #2054086 - 10/29/03 05:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

According to the most recent State Department report on international

Forgive me if i don't take recent US state department reports too seriously.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2055005 - 10/29/03 10:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
Quote:

"Bush said the United States was "working closely" with Iran and Syria, and added: "We expect them to enforce borders, prevent people from coming across borders if in fact we catch them doing that."

"working closely" as in pointing a gun in their faces...

"pointing a gun in their faces" as in handing them sun flowers and giving them fellatio.....

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Puh-LEEZE [Re: d33p]
    #2056460 - 10/30/03 09:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

At least they cant blow anything up while their receiving the fellatio..

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion