Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Halloween costume idea
    #2049703 - 10/28/03 05:21 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Ok, I have what I think is an awesome idea for a halloween costume, but I need some help thinking of how to actually make it happen.

The clay dude from the parabola music video (by tool).

I'm thinking of constructing some kind of mask with two levels since the dude's face keeps moving in the video. And some way to make the body the same color as his, probably accomplished with some kind of cloth. Hopefully it should be pretty simple, his (its?) form is certainly simpler than the forms of other tool video characters.

I was also thinking of trying to find a way to incorporate the flaming eye but that probably won't happen.

Any ideas to help make this costume happen before halloween?

Thank you very much, any input is appriciated.

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Halloween costume idea [Re: psyphon]
    #2051328 - 10/28/03 08:34 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

you could make the head with paper mache, that'd be cool.
making it move back and forth would be too difficult, unless you attached some sort of spring contraption to the back of it.... but uh..
just find some paint, and go to michaels, or wherever you get cloth, and match it. unfortunately, the coolest things about him you couldn't do, or at least I can't think of how you could-the face going in and out, and the skinny shape of his body.

But I definitely think the head would look badass, paper-mache, or make some sort of wireframe, then put some clay and make it that way, but that'd be heavy.
good idea, good luck!

Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media