Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
The fun is over.
    #2047916 - 10/27/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Ok you guys saw that I have a sence of humor (however lame it might be) in my halloween post. Well enough with the cut & paste from a spoof web-site, and out with my own little essay. Here's a little insight into the pentecostal religion, in which I was brought up my whole life.

You must first accept God as your lord and saviour, and realize he died on the cross for your sins. That is the first step towards heaven but it's not a free pass. Some religions believe in either 'eternal security' as in once saved always saved, and some believe that by good works alone you will get into heaven. That is not the case. 'Eternal security' is just redeclious, it was made up by people that want to do whatever then want, and not follow Gods Laws. Think about it, if that was the case you could ask God into your heart when you were 12 then murder 100 people and never ask forgiveness and still go to heaven.

Good works alone will not get you into heaven, it must be accompied by faith, and you must realize Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead on the third day something most catholics don't believe, which is why they always wear crucifix' with Jesus still on them. I don't care how good of a person you are if you aren't reborn you're hellbound.

Fornication, adultry, lust, lying, coveting, pride, homosexuality, blasphemy, disrespecting your parents (and many more) are discusting sins, and if you happen to die still carrying those sins, you will go to hell, no doubt, also there is no such thing as a little sin, sin is sin and that's that, you must ask forgiveness or you will pay on judgement day and suffer eternially in hell. God will forgive you for anything though, all you have to do is ask, this does not mean you can lead a life of sin and keep asking for his forgivness. You must truly strive to live for the lord, every christian backsides ocassionally but as long as your intentions are true you will be okay.

Over 70% of this world will go to hell, there are only a few true religions that follow the bible the way God intended, others twist and distort it to there liking, A few examples of Gods true followers are pentecostal, charismatic, baptist, and a few cathloics, methodist, and Jews. I might have left out one or two but if you don't fall under one of those catergories I guarantee you will be going to hell, unless you do a 180 degree turn in your life and start living for the lord the way he intended.

If anyone wants me to add there name, alias, spoken or unspoken request, to my churches prayer list just PM me and we will keep you in our prayers. Also if anyone want me to send them a very good prayer that they can say to the lord to ask him into your heart and forgive him for your sins send me a PM and I'll tell you everything you want to know

Goodnight and Godbless :heart: 

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: The fun is over. [Re: John]
    #2047976 - 10/27/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hehe YAY!!! You were not being serious after all. Hehe sorry only saw like a few of the first posts in the thread before it must have been discovered. ;D

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: The fun is over. [Re: caolite]
    #2047992 - 10/27/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yes your correct the halloween post was for humor, but I have spoken nothing but truth in this one.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2048298 - 10/27/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If God is that lame, I'm willing to go to hell as an act of civil disobedience.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2048339 - 10/27/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You must have a different concept of God than most people.

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: The fun is over. [Re: Zahid]
    #2048361 - 10/27/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Im willing to go to hell just because its where the cool people are going to be hanging out. C'mon!! Why dance around in clouds when you can gamble and take part in lake-of-fire-orgies in hell???. Lamos!. Thats who. C'mon you think the devil wants to tempt us so much in Earth so when we get to his place we can suffer?? No im sure hes preparing quite the partey for us, plus there's spiked punch!!!! :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2048380 - 10/27/03 07:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

lighten up, dude....

Have you ever wondered if maybe the people you learned about God from were WRONG?

That's the problem with religion - this is why I prefer science over religion; science is willing to say "oh you know what? it looks like we were totally wrong! haha silly us; lets change everything due to these new discoveries!"

Religious organizations rarely change over time, and will hold on to their original interpretations of reality until the bitter end.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

Re: The fun is over. [Re: Strumpling]
    #2048394 - 10/27/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

unless you're working for nida, then they do all they can to get the results they want...

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: The fun is over. [Re: ]
    #2048452 - 10/27/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Here's a little insight into the pentecostal religion, in which I was brought up my whole life.

I never said I believed any of the stuff I posted, just that's how I was raised. I came off strong in my second post, because I reacted like anyone that I know thats religious will, there way is the one and only right way. I have my own beliefs that I formed with my own preception of the world not something I read in a book, and it dosn't involve "god" I like to debate from the oppsite side though, it's fun so...

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: The fun is over. [Re: Zahid]
    #2048466 - 10/27/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Zahid said:
You must have a different concept of God than most people.

Quote:

Over 70% of this world will go to hell, there are only a few true religions that follow the bible the way God intended, others twist and distort it to there liking

My point exactly, what is your preception of god? Point out some inderceprencies(sp?) of my interpation and the bible, I bet you can't. I'm also willing to bet I could tear your theroy a new ass if it's alot diffrent then what I posted.

--------------------

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
    #2048503 - 10/27/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

discrepancies  :wink: 

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: The fun is over. [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2048704 - 10/27/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well the bible dosn't say you have to know how to spell to get into heaven, but thanks=)

--------------------

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
    #2048732 - 10/27/03 09:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jtryptamine said:
well the bible dosn't say you have to know how to spell to get into heaven, but thanks=) 

GREAT!! now you tell me!!  :shake: all those spelling bees I won in vacation bible school...and for what?????? now I find out I'm still goin' to hell ?!?!??!?!  :sad: doesn't this just suck....thanks man 

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #2048837 - 10/27/03 09:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

penecostal eh...as in UPCI?
(or is it some other pentecostal organization I'm not all that familiar with)

just curious

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: The fun is over. [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #2049322 - 10/27/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ABP (alliance of biblical pentecostals)

There are a alot of diffrent organizations.

--------------------

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #2049478 - 10/28/03 12:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

There are a alot of diffrent organizations.

that's kinda what I figured, it didn't seem very plausible that a single organization would monopolize an entire religion...but I still had to ask seeing as I went to one of their national conferences one year, and they seemed to have a tremendous following (to be honest with you - I always thought of pentecostals as being about the same size as Quakers or some shit...it was amazing to me to see just how many thousands upon thousands there were out there)

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: The fun is over. [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #2049871 - 10/28/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"the gifts of the holy spirit"
tongues of fire...
speaking in tongues...
healing prayers...
~
lotta denominations fall within "pentecostal" grouping...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineKiafi
Psychonaut

Loc: Rehab
    #2049880 - 10/28/03 06:19 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Raised Traditionalist Episcopalian myself, nothing better than being forced to wake up at 5:30 a.m. to walk through Boston in wintertime so that you can pray to some guy on a stick who's been dead for 2000 or so years.

Oh, that and having to stand up the entire 2 hour service to hear hymn after hymn in a language you can't understand while you're practically about to pass out from sleep exhaustion.

Or having to acolyte in sweltering hot, tight garments and kneel on granite for rediculous periods of time.

Or losing circulation for kneeling for the rediculous amounts of time and passing out in front of the entire congregation...TWICE.

Fucking parents.

--------------------
Nothing is True. Everything is permitted.
Everything is true. Nothing is 'permitted'.

Every man and woman is a star.
Each star is it's own prison.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: The fun is over. [Re: Kiafi]
    #2049916 - 10/28/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure God can't stand the way he has been totally misrepresented by these disgusting "organized religions". Never judge God based on the nonsense you hear and see from these poseurs. I'm sure God is very much sane, wise, and reasonable if he created everything we see.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineKiafi
Psychonaut

Loc: Rehab
Re: The fun is over. [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2049948 - 10/28/03 07:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

That, or he's a drooling, jabbering moron.

--------------------
Nothing is True. Everything is permitted.
Everything is true. Nothing is 'permitted'.

Every man and woman is a star.
Each star is it's own prison.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order