Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Strawberry Cactii in Aruba Yummy
    #2049234 - 10/27/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hi I visited Aruba a few weeks ago nad came across some very strange cactii. First of all this island is pretty strange itself. Its tropical like the bahamas but most parts of island are totally desert like...cluttered with cactii. Me and my friend's went searching for peyote but we didnt research it before hand so we couldnt really properly identify any active species. If we were going to Arizona or somethin then we would of come prepared but we thought we were going to a Tropical Island. The Hunt was not a waste of time though..we saw some really cool plants and animals...like lizards and iguanas. We even saw an owl that had a nest in one of those huge cactii. Anyways we were talking to a goat farmer up in the hills and asking if any of the cactii were edible. He then pointeed out a few like the Pear something?!? and this other one that we immensely enjoyed throughout the day. It was short fat and had a little red fruit that popped out of the top. When we picked the fruit it tasted just like a strawberry but like 10 times better. Maybe we were just really stoned but these things were awesome. We hunted until sundown and gourged ourselves with these fruits. It was almost like a scavenger hunt, food seems to taste better when you have to work for it then when you just buy them at the store. I was wondering if anybody knew what species this was?
Peace, Orizon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Strawberry Cactii in Aruba Yummy [Re: orizon]
    #2049284 - 10/27/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Prickly pear cactus. alot of countries eat this cactus. it aslo has medicinal value. suppost to be good for diabetes as well as a few other ailments.

peace

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Anonymous

#2049289 - 10/27/03 11:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

prickly pear, i dunno the latin name, my mom grows em in her garden.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Strawberry Cactii in Aruba Yummy [Re: ]
    #2049390 - 10/28/03 12:20 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yea I thought the prickly pear is the one that you can boil and make stew, but are you sure thats the same species which bares the fruit.

Anonymous

#2049408 - 10/28/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yep, they sell prickly pear at the grocery store too

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #2049434 - 10/28/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yea most cacti bare fruit. u knwo that owl u seen. he eats the fruitand spreads the seeds. kinda cool the way things work together. i wanna try the frut :smile:

peace man 

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2049440 - 10/28/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

there are many species refered to as prickly pear; mostly in the genus Opuntia.

the one i think he is refering to is Echinocereus stramineus, whos fruit really do taste remarkably like strawberries.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale