Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHyperboreanDream
blah blah blah
Male

Loc: Engerland
Truffle Strength?
    #20417033 - 08/14/14 09:19 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'm new to the world of Psychedelics and had my first trip on Ps Atlantis truffles however I'm looking for a stronger strain. I saw on a certain site that Dragon Truffles are very potent and a variant of Ps Atlantis?
I've read differently on this site so just looking for a definitive answer on that.
Regarding truffles as a whole what is the strongest, most potent species?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: Truffle Strength? [Re: HyperboreanDream]
    #20438195 - 08/18/14 04:17 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Regarding truffles as a whole what is the strongest, most potent species?

From what I've read, there are only three different species of sclerotia (magic truffles) that are commercially cultivated: Mexicana, Tampanensis and Galindoi. Some of these have minor variants (for example ATL#7 is a variant of Galindoi and is often sold as Atlantis). Galindoi is generally said to be stronger than mexicana or tampanensis.

However, the big differences in potency mainly come from the cultivation time - sclerotia can be grown for several months during which time they increase in size and potency.

The marketing names such as "Dragon's Dynamite" are used to give a range of magic truffles at differing strengths. For example tampanensis that is younger and less potent will often be sold simply as "tampanensis", but the same stuff that's cultivated for longer will be more potent and branded as some kind of "special edition" with a fancy name.

On a recent trip to Amsterdam I found an interesting leaflet from mushmagic that rated the strength of their products from 1 to 5:

Mexicana 2.5
Pajaritos 3
Fantasia 3
Tampanensis 3.5
Mokum 3.5
Atlantis 4
Pandora 4.5
Hollandia 5
Utopia 5

McSmart rate their truffles on a slightly fanciful scale of visual/energy/body/brain effect, but if you convert it to points out of 5 you get the following:

Tampanensis 2.3
Mexicana 2.6
Atlantis 3.0
Mushrocks 3.9
Dragons Dynamite 4.1
High Hawaiians 4.6

These scales aren't scientific and can't be compared to each other, but they do give an idea of the comparative strength of each product within each company's range. Bear in mind that many different producers freely borrow each others' names... since the "Dragon's Dynamite" appeared there have been various other dragon-named truffles on sale, which may not be the same potency or even the same species...

The best answer is to find a trusted supplier and buy whatever they claim is strongest. Even then the potency can vary from one batch to another.

:dancingbear:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Truffle Strength? [Re: Aldebaran]
    #20447160 - 08/20/14 07:39 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The most potent truffles will be the largest, most aged ones. I know this from personal experience the longer you let a jar of sclerotia mature the more potent they become. Many smart shop and vendor truffles are likely sold ahead of their time. I have a suspicion the "hollandia" and other false species names are just aged more potent batches of mexicana, tampanensis or galindoi.

--------------------

Offlineartandnothingelse
Stranger

#20450278 - 08/20/14 07:50 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

In my experience with three types of truffles, ive found that atl#7 is by far the most potent and most widely distributed mushroom as well as the easiest to grow your own.

--------------------
If anyone would like to make me a banner, please PM me please. I would love to where your art.

blah blah blah
Male

Re: Truffle Strength? [Re: artandnothingelse]
    #20480042 - 08/26/14 04:17 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks all. Appreciate the replies :thumbup:

Offlinecptfoggles
Psych Padawan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #20480068 - 08/26/14 04:24 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

My first shroom trip was with dragons dynamite, there are not that potent, I haven't tested truffles since then, but it was quite a mental high and not very visual, but had a great time though.

--------------------

blah blah blah
Male

Re: Truffle Strength? [Re: cptfoggles]
    #20483490 - 08/27/14 10:24 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I ate a pack last night. Not sure on how many grams as didn't weigh them out. Only my third trip, but by far my strongest so far. Lots of visuals, lots of colours. Going by the trip level guidelines I would say a strong level 3 and getting onto level 4. Loved it :smile:

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #20484125 - 08/27/14 01:20 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Glad you had a good trip :thumbup:

What was the name of the truffles you were eating?

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

blah blah blah
Male

Re: Truffle Strength? [Re: Aldebaran]
    #20487585 - 08/28/14 05:58 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

The truffles in question were named 'Psilocybe Dragon' by the site I purchased from, with them being dubbed 'a variant of the Psilocybe Atlantis'. So of the Galindoi species I think.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale