Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
low dose trippers
    #2033680 - 10/22/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i thought i would be able to get a killer high from 1/2 an eight (nearly 2 grams) of cubies because when i was younger i would trip out on that much. now i weigh a good amount more so i guess i can't have a crazy trip on that much.

let me tell you though, you can still have a really nice buzz and great insights/good vibes on a low dose!! i would definately take 3.5 grams next time but the low dose gave me an intense appreciation for the outdoors because i took them at 6 am in the hills near my friends house. it was really wonderful but i'm going to up the dose for better hallucinations.

any other people try a low dose? anybody prefer low doses for a mellower, more in control and trip? i think it is possible to get alot of insight about your life on lower trips when the effects aren't too intense. anybody relate?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefeeldaburn
Stranger
Re: low dose trippers [Re: TODAY]
    #2035145 - 10/23/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, some of my best trips were with low doses. I went driving around town with a girl I was talking to ( she was driving ) but it was really fun and interesting. I was in the best mood ever for about 4-5 hours. It was almost like I was rolling but not as good, not bad though. I took like 15 grams fresh of gulf coast strain.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: low dose trippers [Re: TODAY] * 1
    #2035426 - 10/23/03 07:25 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There is a lot of push by a lot of people to use a whole bunch of mushrooms. People tend to recommend doses between 1/8-1/4 oz of dried mushrooms, which boils down to 3.5-7 gr dried. Lower doses are supposedly "non-worthwhile" according to these guys.

I tend to disagree. It is documented that the cubie (Psilocybe Cubensis, the most common, big shroom) can contain 1.5-15mg active ingredients. It is also documented that on a given dose some can respond five times stronger or five times weaker. So basically from one extreme to the other the response to a dose of mushrooms can vary 100-fold in intensity from one user/batch to the next. Now usually they contain 6-12mg a gram and people get half or double the response so thats almost always well within a factor 8 and for a single user its generally a factor two which is narrow enough to work with.

People should establish the amount that generally works for them as an individual and you do that by slowly and cautiously working your way upwards. A good technique to get the dose just right every time can be found in the MUSHROOM CAPSULES FAQ  :grin: in the FAQs section.

Now I have done wild, wallopping doses. For me this means 1/8 of strong cubies (equal to 1/4 of the regular weak ones) Once I indulged in about 5-6 gram strong cubies (10-12gr regular compost grown ones) and this trip I spent with colorful geometric and symbolic patterning superimposed over my field of vision (blotting out parts of visual reality) in high spirits, while I was giving a mighty effort to try  grounding and centering my horrified friend, who did not have a true "bad trip"but an excruciating one, since he could not stand this onslaught after having endured 24 hours lubricated by 3 XTC tabs and 3 regular mushroom trips before all this.

He and I had an hourlong telepathic conversation where we repeatedly uttered a certain nonarticulate noise which accompanied a truckload of deeper nonverbal meanings which WERE mutually understood. Now that was 1995. Ever since when we meet (but not when apart) this vocalisation comes up a 100 times every hour, still carrying some attached meaning that suits our conversation, and you could well say we have BECOME psychedelics because whenever we meet we spend about 15 minutes of every hour laughing our asses off and often we feel and act as if we have split an E between us.
No matter where we are physically, whenever we meet we're at the Mad Hatter's Teaparty.

Now this is Divine. But I'm quite sure that had it gone wrong, really, REALLY wrong (psychologically) the inverse would have happened which could have made us high-dose casualties.

Now what happened to us on those fateful days was a really good thing. Despite it having been very cruel on my friend the both of us really grew psychologically and spiritually since then.
But it likely could have turned on us and we never got back to that hight again. It was shattering as well as unifying: we got VERY dose-conscious, traumatically so.

I'd say go for the dose that works best for you and go from there. The content of a trip is more dependent on what YOU put into it then dose is. You can have a carnival of colours engulf you on 10 grams or have a Spirit Guide explain your life to you on 1.

I don't want to insult people but if one says half an eighth is "completely boring" like some claim they should really take a good look at their life instead of their dose. If you take a notice-able dose of mushrooms you are ingesting a significant dose of an ORALLY ACTIVE DMT ANALOGUE which by definition means you are entering the Realms of Mystery.

Now a gram will not likely warp and distort Piccolo and Vegeta on your TV screen but it may shake your world on its foundations if you incorporate it into one of your meditations or when you and a close friend take it in the forest on a moonless night, gazing beyond the stars towards the infinity within.

Nowadays I exclusively go for LOW DOSES. By low I mean doses between 0.5-2gr cubies or one gram at most if they're REALLY strong. And despite the low doses my mind and spirit find them to be increasingly rewarding, because a series of psychedelic sessions (mine spans 10 years and 68 Sessions) if done right IS a growth process regardless of dose. And not in the last place it is the low dose that generally allows you to actually take the insights that matter home with you instead of drowning it out with caleidoscopic colors and suspension of sentience.

Heh in defense of the Lowdose.. who would've thought!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: low dose trippers [Re: Asante]
    #2035521 - 10/23/03 08:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I honestly think people under estimate the power of tolerance. The very first time I ate mushrooms, I took 12g fresh (aprox 1g dry, equiv), and had a very strong level 3 trip.

When I started eating mushrooms on a regular basis, I found my sweet-spot to be around 3g dry, which gave me good level 3 visuals, but not too much dissociation.

After not eating mushrooms for over two years, I took a 'normal' 3g dose one evening and shot to a very confusing and difficult level 4 (what most people would call a level 5)... this type of trip would have required 10g dry had my tolerance not been baselined.

I honestly believe that tolerance plays a much larger roll than most people give it credit. People claiming that you are back to baseline tolerance after 4 to 5 days, or even two weeks, are sadly mistaken. Compare a trip after waiting one week, then one month, then one year and you will see what I mean.

Regarding low dosages, I think it depends upon what you are looking for in the trip. I like to meditate while tripping and find that a lower dosage is much more beneficial for this than a higher dosage. A low dosage allows me to focus and get lost in the visuals, while a large dosage is too confusing to concentrate.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2035525 - 10/23/03 08:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well said, both of you :thumbup: couldn't have said it better myself
indeed, low dose trips can be VERY interesting.  :grin:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: low dose trippers [Re: stefan]
    #2043654 - 10/26/03 01:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm fairly sensitive myself, I don't need as much to get as far as some other people. On that note I'm rather fond of low doses... I recently had an amazing time on maybe a gram of liberty caps. There were minimal visuals on that amount but the emotional aspect was incredible, as well as my relation to the world around me.

I appreciate low doses because they aren't overwhelming but they are a beautiful way of stepping out of ordinary thought patterns and connecting to exploring conciousness and the world around you. I could comfortably low-dose on a regular basis, or a few days in a row, but I wouldn't want to take high doses that often.
Shattering consentual "reality" daily or weekly is too much. Questioning and exploring consentual reality regularily is quite appealing.

~Jenn

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: low dose trippers [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2044955 - 10/26/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

^^^YES!!!

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Anonymous

#2046913 - 10/27/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

shaddup ya wimps

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2048099 - 10/27/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'd say go for the dose that works best for you and go from there.

Well said. Dosage amounts are a very personal variable. One person can find their treasure on 2 grams while another finds it on 6 grams.
Just as each of us are different so is the amount of mushrooms that we best benifit from.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: low dose trippers [Re: chinacat72]
    #2048979 - 10/27/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Personally, I find high doses too sickening for my stomach to handle. I get queesy and feel like ill throw up.

I prefer 1.5 to a bit under 3 grams perfect :smile:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2049495 - 10/28/03 12:53 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

like chinacat said, everyone is different....me, personally have never really enjoyed low doses. i get a "one foot in, one foot out" kinda thing going on, and it makes me a little disturbed in a way, a little antsy...im not sure how to explain it really, but kinda like going to one of those 3-D movies only to find that you have lost those spiffy little cardboard glasses...disapointed because you cant see all that you "could" be seeing....

i like to eat at least 4 or 5 grams, which is plenty to send me far, far away.

however, in my past "low dose" experiences, i have been surprised to find that they hit me just as hard as a high dose would. in fact, my most intence trip to date was off of 2.5 grams... :grin: i actually made a post of it in here, "nice mellow 2.5 gram trip, yeah right" it kinda got me thinking....maybe how much you eat is not the only variable in determining how far you go in your trip...which, after thinking about it makes complete sence to me...anyway, now im just rambling :smirk:   

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineJAMsper
Psychodelic

Re: low dose trippers [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2050770 - 10/28/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

True, I tripped amazingly hard on 2 grams of cyans... not normal!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: low dose trippers [Re: JAMsper]
    #2050858 - 10/28/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

My favorite dose is 3 grams of the good cubensis we have.  I also like veeery small doses like 1 gram.  Between 1 and 2 is annoying because, like people have mentioned, you get "hints" but can't really grasp the reality.  Maybe you know what I mean, its hard to articulate.  Not that 3 grams gives a full picture, but its enough for me at this point in time :crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: low dose trippers [Re: Noviseer]
    #2051959 - 10/28/03 09:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

^^^yeah, its like you are expecting to get shot out further and you anticipate it for the whole trip, but i think if you get comfortable with the fact that you aren't going to have a crazy trip it can be quite good.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
    #4253385 - 06/03/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

(hadn't eatten for 12 hours prior)-Ate one fresh cubie-halfdollar sized cap- stem stained really dark .. was quite a high, when i felt i was peakin i vaporized 30mg n,n,dmt.
was an hour of bliss :grin:

--------------------

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: low dose trippers [Re: 3six5]
    #4253647 - 06/03/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My preferred dose is just over 2g. I tried 3g once and it made me quite insane for the duration. Definitely well into level 4 territory. My 2g trips are much more insightful and euphoric, and I still get plenty of visuals.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: low dose trippers [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4255172 - 06/04/05 07:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

low dose tripping hm? now thats a thread for me :smile:

i started off my very fist psychedelic experience with mushrooms
eating about ~30grams fresh which sent me to the bed crying for about 6 hours,
totally not know why i was suddenly facing this all overwhelming depression that came
from the very inside of me.

since then, i just stayed around doses of 1 gram or even just ONE MUSHIE alone
and guys, thats where tis at for me.

having the slight sensation of the psychoactive compounds making my brain work
in different ways and showing me "the gate" if you want to call it like that.

especially when dancing, this hands you the key to the inner realms of youself
while not overflowing you with the sensations of a trip,
but it makes it easier to unravel yourself :wink:

well, i love my 1gram or even below one gram trips, thats the way to go for me :laugh:
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

InvisibleTippinthru
contented

Loc: "The Garden"...
Re: low dose trippers [Re: ohmatic]
    #4255187 - 06/04/05 07:29 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I am new to the mushroom trippin thing...took some years ago and didn't effect me...so I said mushies are not my poison...then years later my friend is growing and I decided to try them once again...much better experience...about 3 gr first time and 2 1/2 the next time...I like the low dosage, as I like to smoke pot and the trip isn't so out of my body that I can't handle the situations going on around me...now I can get the mushies whenever I want them, so I like to trip more often now...low dosage works for me, as I like to put myself in another world on occasion to escape the realities of everyday crap...but I want to know that my feet will still be on the ground in 4-5 hours...Nice to know that I'm not being the weak link in the trippin world of mushies and thanks for the thread. I enjoy knowing how other people trip and how much it takes them to get to they're level...
social tripper

--------------------
Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time...
[

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: low dose trippers [Re: Tippinthru]
    #4255718 - 06/04/05 11:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

2 to 2.5 gram trips are so beautiful and euphoric. The trips are smooth, wavy and nicely visual. Thought patterns are significantly altered, but I can still function on an external level if necessary. The ego is significantly softened so that abstract concepts and other existences begin to assert themselves over the "I".

Plus, I admit that I'm not a true seeker of some higher enlightenment or plane of living. At these lower doses, I do get practical insight into my psyche and why I do some of the things I do, but the primary focus for taking mushrooms is that it's just so much fun. As a bonus, these personal insights I gain on lower doses tend to be practical things I can integrate into my everyday reality versus some mind blowing concept that can't even be parsed.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: low dose trippers [Re: Tranceport]
    #4256038 - 06/04/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I'm not a true seeker of some higher enlightenment or plane of living. At these lower doses, I do get practical insight into my psyche and why I do some of the things I do, but the primary focus for taking mushrooms is that it's just so much fun. As a bonus, these personal insights I gain on lower doses tend to be practical things I can integrate into my everyday reality versus some mind blowing concept that can't even be parsed.

:heart::thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate