Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

Loc: Flag
come-up anxiety
    #2046442 - 10/27/03 01:44 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

the last couple times ive tripped on mushrooms ive gotten kinda bad come-up anxiety...im gonna trip on lsd in a few days, and i was wondering if, in general, the come up is as rough as mushrooms can be. thx

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: come-up anxiety [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #2046465 - 10/27/03 01:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thankfully I haven't found LSD to have such a rough come up at all. Shrooms kick my ass on the come up, for many reasons, such as nausea, heavy eye lids, slight panic etc. When I take LSD, there's none of that. Just nervous excitement and the period of adjusting to the trip.

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: come-up anxiety [Re: Sheepish]
    #2046706 - 10/27/03 05:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

They both have their own bad sides.
I find the chemical edge of comin' up on acid to be very uncomfortable. What with the stomach cramps, sweaty hands and flickerin' eye lids.

Shrooms on the other hand at high levels can make me want to curl up in a ball, close my eyes and hide for a while till the inintial G force has subsided to a managable degree.

I'm tryin' to remember who it was wrote about this same topic and said that the best way to combat anxiety is to ingest another small amount to lift you out of the place that you've found yourself stuck in. May have been T. Leary, may well have been some guy on the bus, may have been T.Leary on the bus the way my head is most days.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Anonymous

Re: come-up anxiety [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #2047074 - 10/27/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

lol it could well have been, god love ulsterbus.

Comeuups beat the cunt out of me really really badly, acid i experience no problems on at all.

OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

Re: come-up anxiety [Re: ]
    #2047494 - 10/27/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thats really reassuring, cause as much as i like shrooms, i hope i like acid better..

--------------------

Anonymous

#2047507 - 10/27/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

personally i prefer shrooms but then the acid ive had hasnt been the most potent

OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

#2047646 - 10/27/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i really like shrooms, but there are a couple things that i really dont like too much about them.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2047700 - 10/27/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Vats of Blood said:
i really like shrooms, but there are a couple things that i really dont like too much about them.

such as?

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
    #2047966 - 10/27/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I hate the anxiety. I'm hoping weed will ease it the next time I try to trip. If it doesn't, then shrooms just aren't for me.

Anyone else tried weed?

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
Re: come-up anxiety [Re: StrongBad]
    #2048209 - 10/27/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yes...if youre having a good trip, weed makes it awesome. if youre having an ok trip, weed makes it good. but if youre having a bad trip, weed makes it manageable, IMO

--------------------
Here comes the sun, do n do do,
Here comes the sun, and I say,
It's alright...

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: come-up anxiety [Re: IamHungry]
    #2049494 - 10/28/03 12:53 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

coming up on shrooms is more difficult than on acid. shrooms don't sit well in our stomachs. acid on the other hand does not fill our stomach with poisonous fungus material and is not nearly as nausiating. on a very high dose of lsd, you may get some minor nausia that strikes quickly, but it will go away within 10 minutes or so. whereas, a high dose of mushrooms will have you considering puking for at least 30 minutes until it goes away.

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Re: come-up anxiety [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #2049704 - 10/28/03 03:21 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"on a very high dose of lsd, you may get some minor nausia that strikes quickly, but it will go away within 10 minutes or so"

A very high level of LSD took me on a trip to the hospital.

After a few hours of trippin' and the pain in my side growin' steadily worse i decided to get a taxi to the hospital and get it checked out.

I waited in that room with Saturday nights rejected drunks and brawlers for hours till some harrassed and over worked student doctor took the time to examine me.

Turns out my insides were thrummin' like a live wire. My fcukin' kidneys were almost jumpin' out of my body and he spent a good hour or so gettin' me to do relaxation excercises as he didnt want to risk givin' me further drugs.

Dont talk to me about ten minutes of uncomfort. Muscle spasms can be very, very dangerous, brain bubbles or somethin'.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: come-up anxiety [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #2049741 - 10/28/03 04:02 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

First off...I want to respond to the statement poisonous fungus material sitting in your stomach. As long as you are injesting psychadelic shrooms, the only chemicals that may be classifed as poisonous are the ones that make you trip -(psilison, psilicybin) And all the stomach discomfort-anxiety is all in your head, its not something physical that is harming your body. I used to determine how hard I was going to trip by how intense the anxiety was beforehand. But now I have learned to gauge my mind away from it and I find that I smoothly just float into the trip. If you find yourself gagging while taking your shrooms, you will most likely experience alot more stomach discomfort and anxiety. The anxiety of LSD can be just as intense and may not be as common as that of shrooms because you just place a speck of something on your tounge..... while administering shrooms takes a little more effort. If you want something to take away that anxiety, nothing is guranteed but a Benzo is the prescription for that. A little bit after you dose, take no more than 1mg of xanax or 5 mg of valium and it will chill you out eneouph that you wont even notice the come up. Dont over do it though. Taking too much of a Benzo can cancel out some of the psychadelic effects. There was a really good thread about a what he calls a "Benzotrip" just incase you wanted to check it out.

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: come-up anxiety [Re: orizon]
    #2052723 - 10/29/03 01:37 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

wow i was misinterpreted, oh well. i wasnt trying to say mushrooms are inherently bad. they are "poisonous" though i would think since most animals avoid eating them because of the powerful influencial effects.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: come-up anxiety [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #2052776 - 10/29/03 01:59 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Poisonous...Yes but technically LSD as well as other psychalics are also poisonous. So signifying 1 as toxic for means of comparison holds no weight.

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: come-up anxiety [Re: orizon]
    #2052941 - 10/29/03 04:10 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

damn dont take drugs to counter other drugs effects, just live with parts you dont like or dont take the drug

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Re: come-up anxiety [Re: Oook]
    #2053083 - 10/29/03 07:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Truely spoken, sir!

I no longer enjoy smokin' coke=i no longer smoke coke.

I no longer enjoy the effects of codine=i no longer seek out codine.

On the topic of basin' coke, not that anyone else bar me was talkin' about it but it does kinda' tie in.

When i lived in Holland there was this kid who got well into smokin' coke. Well not really. He would buy two grams, it would be cooked down, he would have maybe two/three small pipes then crawl into his bed and pull the covers over his head. Then the rest of the people in the room would smoke his gear.

When i asked him about this he said that he never really enjoyed the edgeness that smokin' gave him. It made him anxious and sick to his stomach.

Then why in the name of God do you buy the shit then? I asked

'Cause somone offered him it in the pub.

Dealers and smokers dream customer.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Offlineomniscientlore
shroominwolverine

Loc: The desert of the real
Re: come-up anxiety [Re: Oook]
    #2053246 - 10/29/03 09:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Oook said:
damn dont take drugs to counter other drugs effects, just live with parts you dont like or dont take the drug

unfortunately we live in a chemical dependent society. most people don't think like that, they see certain drugs as a quick fix to their problems, such as clinical depression which is a great example IMO. even with tripping we fight chemicals with chemicals, like pot on mushrooms/lsd. numerous people use the pot not to kick up the trip (which turns out to be a great side effect) but to calm them down, just like benzodiaprines. the us society sucks in general.

--------------------
'On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero'- Tyler Durden/Narrator

OfflineCypher
Shroom of manyfaces

Loc: Northern Ireland
Re: come-up anxiety [Re: omniscientlore]
    #2064435 - 11/02/03 06:36 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i find shrooms to be much harsher a come up than acid, i was on microdots and just ran atround laughing for ages. Mushrooms kick the cunt out of me on the comeup

--------------------
I think i took too much............

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds