Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Upset about my friend.
    #2046322 - 10/27/03 02:48 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not really seeking advice but i just had to get this off my chest. A good friend of mine moved today. To PEI. I spent time with him from Thursday till he left tonight (Sunday) at 11pm. I was alright the whole time.. I got a little teary eyed a few times but i quickly got over it n just wanted to spend what little time we had together in a happy mood. I was fine right up until he was getting in the car to leave.. That's when i broke down n started crying. I cried all the way home too. He's a great guy. Super nice.. I was just beginning to regain some faith in men, n he has to go and leave. He says that he's gonna come back n visit when he can, and that he plans on moving back. But he doesn't know when either will take place. I have it in my head that i'm never gonna see him again. He's got my address to write n stuff, i have his. We also have email.. but it's just not the same. I can't chill with him, can't phone each other like before, can't go to the club together, can't stop by when we're bored.. It's just not the same. I also feel horrible, cuz he has been trying to get together n do something with me for the past month at least, and i was always too lazy to do something. I didn't know he was moving until he told me last sunday.. Oh well.. shit happens. I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes dry so that's all..

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Upset about my friend. [Re: sykobish]
    #2046366 - 10/27/03 03:10 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to hear that, Syko... wish I had something to say to make things better. I guess these things are part of life and life goes on. At least you still have a bunch of friends here; myself for one.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinemasterg
Stranger
Loc: CA
    #2046370 - 10/27/03 03:11 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Man, er *miss* :P, firstly, I'm damn sorry for your partial loss of a great relationship. Of course you'll still be able to make contact, but indeed, complication has arisen. I've had this experience myself quite a few times. Life's all about changes though, in my opinion. Life rotates and you must continue doing so also. Again, damn sorry for what you're going through. It's great that you release your emotions. I remember a couple years ago, my best friend didn't tell me he was moving until around 1 week before the planned date. I didn't take it seriously. Then, upon his leaving, I just cried in my bathroom for the rest of the night. I learned to accept the change though, it will happen all throughout life. People have to move, you will probably also eventually be forced to or desire to do so. It took a while to "recover", but of course don't hide your emotions. I tried to fix my sadness by instead of trying to remain attached to the distant friend, finding new, or becoming closer with physically near friends. Good luck. We're all here for you. =)

Peace,
masterg

--------------------
Peace,
masterg

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Upset about my friend. [Re: masterg]
    #2046395 - 10/27/03 03:21 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the kind words, both of you. I know you basically hafta 'roll with the punches'.. but it just really sucks. I'm surrounded by great friends who i love with all my heart.. So when i see one of them go, it really hurts. Especially after i just spent the last 4 days with them so of course we got even closer. Seeing him leave tore me up. He's a great person. Sometimes i hate having feelings cuz they hurt so much..

Hugs n love to you both.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
    #2046425 - 10/27/03 03:31 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

sykobish...
you know (a bit about) me... and you know how tough i can be when i need to be... but i can definatly empathize. a few years ago... I was dating a girl that ythan was interested in (who he happens to be dating now) and he decided to move back to NY with his parents... partialy because of other shit... but mostly because of the situation. The whole way to the airport i cried.... hes my best friend in the whole world... and i really hated to loose him.
but i didnt loose him... he ended up moving back 6 months later, coincidently just after her and I had broken up.

its tough to loose a good friend... but
your not loosing one... if anything... your just realizing how much of a friend you already have

have faith sister... im here for ya

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Upset about my friend. [Re: Suffer]
    #2046435 - 10/27/03 03:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It is very easy to feel feelings for a person when they leave... it is one of the times people are most honest... and open.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Upset about my friend. [Re: Suffer]
    #2046437 - 10/27/03 03:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah but he's not leaving and coming back any time soon, if ever. He moved because he did the right thing and wants to help raise his son who is there with his ex girlfriend. His ex is going to school, so he said he would go there n help raise him while she's in school. It's a tough situation cuz his child is in PEI.. I wish it was that easy that he could move back in 6 months. I wouldn't be so upset then.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2046484 - 10/27/03 04:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

syko: you [and indeed us all] will be cursed to feel the sting of grief at times, but i've seen you brighten and come to shine before. in the short time i have known you you have brightened me at times when i have been miserable and i hope to take some part of your sadness away, if only by some small measure.

things will brighten again for you, and soon; not because you get over some loss, but because you have character to take the moments as they come.

i have been separated from friends, and even lost somewhat of those most dear to me. still, i feel the desire to make new ones, i feel the need to try to reconsile differences with those i have astranged and [as you do now] the need to cry for loss of those outside my power to bring closer.

it is no sign of weaknes to cry, and can be a source of strength and help to free yourself of pain. you cry if you feel the need and remember that you have a treasure of friendship here if you feel the need to be consoled.

please don't take my words in the wrong light if they are not helpfull ones, but feel the way you believe you need to feel.

much love :smile:,
concrete.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Upset about my friend. [Re: canid]
    #2046493 - 10/27/03 04:12 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've been pretty strong thru alot of shitty things recently, but it's been piling up. First, a close friend of mine died, then i got in a huge fight with another friend of mine (who's online) and now we dont ever talk.. Now my friend has moved far away.. and i also found out Friday night that the gay friend i had mentioned in the "I hate being gay" thread, who got married, committed suicide on Tuesday.. I'm so worn out.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2046502 - 10/27/03 04:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

there are no words from me to help right now but take this:

/me hugs

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #2046548 - 10/27/03 04:48 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Losing a friend is always sad, but it makes you appreciate the ones who are left. Best wishes, and I hope things get better for you. :smile: 

OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Loc: aridzone1
Re: Upset about my friend. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2047509 - 10/27/03 03:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Awh... he wont forget about you! Dont worry  :laugh:
Keep in touch with him... the time apart will hopefully take your companionship to the next level. I would be excited if I were you to see whats going to happen in eachother's lives  :heart: Seperation has the tendency to bond people together like super glue 

Edited by Psilopleix (10/27/03 05:15 PM)

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Upset about my friend. [Re: Psilopleix]
    #2047784 - 10/27/03 05:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

In some cases, but time also has a tendancy to change things and people in an unhappy mannor.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Anonymous #1

#2049237 - 10/28/03 01:37 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I am there for you syko.

I haven't been there(toronto) to leave you yet. :wink: 

I hope this cheers you up a smidge... :grin:

I <3 syko

zerohero is syko's bitch. :smirk:

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2049261 - 10/28/03 01:45 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I was also heart broken once when a previous girlfriend of mine moved away up to the northern parts of the province. We tried keeping in contact, eventually that sort of eerily faded away and I haven't heard from her in years. It's tragic thinking back on it, however it's mysterious at the same time since it was so long ago, faded into the mists of memory. But the hurt, that is easy to recollect.

--------------------

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Upset about my friend. [Re: ]
    #2049531 - 10/28/03 03:06 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks sweety. *hugs*

Zahid: I miss him so much already. We weren't dating, but we were close friends. I hope our friendship doesn't fade away.. But i think that's what the outcome is more than likely gonna be. And that sucks really bad. Not much ya can do about it tho.. Shit happens.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Anonymous #1

#2050112 - 10/28/03 11:46 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

*hugs*

aww I hope you feel better.  when my best friend of 13 years moved away I balled my eyes out.  He is a great guy and we got along very well.  To this day we are still friends. I don't stop talking to him and we see eachother every now and then.  Its great and I hope I can cheerish a relationship for another 60 years.
Just keep in contact with him. you guys will be alright. I know it hurts not being able to go see him whenever you want.  Its a lonely feeling.  Even though there may not be a replacement for him, he is your friend and I think you guys are going to be fine! :smile:

peace

zerohero

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being